- 63 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for commuting use Last post on 5/12/11 at 7:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- how about headroom micro dac? Last post on 10/19/11 at 7:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive portable DIY amp Last post on 10/12/11 at 10:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Just found these two JMT amps Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Looking for a portable amp, neutral, under $200, for Westone 4 with MacBook/iPhone 4post #1 of 44/5/11 at 6:00pmThread StarterI've been reading through the threads in this sub-forum & am having a hard time understanding the lingo. I'm looking for a portable amp for under $200 for my Westone 4 out of either a Macbook or iPhone 4. I like the sound signature of the Westone 4 & don't really want it altered, just opened up & a bit more full at lower volumes. I can notice the difference between the iPhone & my Macbook, it seems that if more power was provided appropriately they might sound even nicer.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 44/5/11 at 11:58pmpost #3 of 44/8/11 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #4 of 44/9/11 at 11:46am
- Looking for a portable amp, neutral, under $200, for Westone 4 with MacBook/iPhone 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
Currently, there are 3378 Active Users (614 Members and 2764 Guests)
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 34 seconds ago
- › Dither is a prime suspect 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 47 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA2 and WA22 Comparisons...finally finished...whew. 3 minutes ago
- › Default Apple earbud replacements? 3 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3