- 2 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser MM 450 Bluetooth Multimedia Best-of-Breed Headset (Black)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser MM-550tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser MM 550 Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS 180 headphone is it possible to use it with RS 160 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability? Last post on 12/11/15 at 2:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headset for Specific Needs Last post on 8/30/11 at 5:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100, and Venture Electronics Monk a short while ago, I proved that I was...
What should I selectpost #1 of 64/4/11 at 6:45pmThread StarterNew to the forum. Hello to all. A little about me: I work in an aviation hanger. What I'm looking for is some headphones that I can make the case to my safety gurus that they are also hearing protection. The noise level is considerate with either the people around me or myself operating rivet guns on aircraft structures. I need for the headphones to be wireless and for the battery to be rechargeable and to last for preferable near ten hours. I also need something with decent volume so I can hear. Outside noise cancellation and blutooth capabilities would also be nice but not a must. I have so far considered a bose set and the sennheiser mm450 and 550. Both have bad reviews on volume level which is important to me. I plan to use this on either an iPhone 4 or one of the iPod selections since my management has banned cell phone use on the floor. The real reason I'm willing to fork over this kind of money is I plan to use this to listen to textbooks and study material I have downloaded to iTunes. I will listen to music only after the semesters are over. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/4/11 at 6:52pmpost #3 of 64/5/11 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Those are some great headphones despite the fact that they would only be ideal while I was at work and relatively stationary. The deal breaker is that they don't fill the role of hearing protection that I need. The environment I work in has noises that gets pretty close to a gun being fired at times.post #4 of 64/5/11 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winkylocc
Those are some great headphones despite the fact that they would only be ideal while I was at work and relatively stationary. The deal breaker is that they don't fill the role of hearing protection that I need. The environment I work in has noises that gets pretty close to a gun being fired at times.
RS170 is a closed can and should provide some isolation.
If you have to be wireless and with good isolation get something like Senn HD25 and some wireless adaptor.post #5 of 64/6/11 at 7:04am
Hmm, if you need serious noise isloation then active noise cancellation might be your best option. Here a few options for ya:
Sennheiser MM 450, MM 550
With these Sennheisers you'll find both wireless bluetooth functionality and an excellent active noise cancellation system.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 7:35am
- What should I select
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion &... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 7 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 8 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse