- 2 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser MM 450 Bluetooth Multimedia Best-of-Breed Headset (Black)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser MM-550tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser MM 550 Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS 180 headphone is it possible to use it with RS 160 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability? Last post on 6/21/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headset for Specific Needs Last post on 8/30/11 at 5:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
What should I selectpost #1 of 64/4/11 at 6:45pmThread StarterNew to the forum. Hello to all. A little about me: I work in an aviation hanger. What I'm looking for is some headphones that I can make the case to my safety gurus that they are also hearing protection. The noise level is considerate with either the people around me or myself operating rivet guns on aircraft structures. I need for the headphones to be wireless and for the battery to be rechargeable and to last for preferable near ten hours. I also need something with decent volume so I can hear. Outside noise cancellation and blutooth capabilities would also be nice but not a must. I have so far considered a bose set and the sennheiser mm450 and 550. Both have bad reviews on volume level which is important to me. I plan to use this on either an iPhone 4 or one of the iPod selections since my management has banned cell phone use on the floor. The real reason I'm willing to fork over this kind of money is I plan to use this to listen to textbooks and study material I have downloaded to iTunes. I will listen to music only after the semesters are over. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/4/11 at 6:52pmpost #3 of 64/5/11 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Those are some great headphones despite the fact that they would only be ideal while I was at work and relatively stationary. The deal breaker is that they don't fill the role of hearing protection that I need. The environment I work in has noises that gets pretty close to a gun being fired at times.post #4 of 64/5/11 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winkylocc
Those are some great headphones despite the fact that they would only be ideal while I was at work and relatively stationary. The deal breaker is that they don't fill the role of hearing protection that I need. The environment I work in has noises that gets pretty close to a gun being fired at times.
RS170 is a closed can and should provide some isolation.
If you have to be wireless and with good isolation get something like Senn HD25 and some wireless adaptor.post #5 of 64/6/11 at 7:04am
Hmm, if you need serious noise isloation then active noise cancellation might be your best option. Here a few options for ya:
Sennheiser MM 450, MM 550
With these Sennheisers you'll find both wireless bluetooth functionality and an excellent active noise cancellation system.
- What should I select
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 49 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)