- 2 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser MM 450 Bluetooth Multimedia Best-of-Breed Headset (Black)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser MM-550tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser MM 550 Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS 180 headphone is it possible to use it with RS 160 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability? Last post on 5/25/15 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headset for Specific Needs Last post on 8/30/11 at 5:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
What should I selectpost #1 of 64/4/11 at 6:45pmThread StarterNew to the forum. Hello to all. A little about me: I work in an aviation hanger. What I'm looking for is some headphones that I can make the case to my safety gurus that they are also hearing protection. The noise level is considerate with either the people around me or myself operating rivet guns on aircraft structures. I need for the headphones to be wireless and for the battery to be rechargeable and to last for preferable near ten hours. I also need something with decent volume so I can hear. Outside noise cancellation and blutooth capabilities would also be nice but not a must. I have so far considered a bose set and the sennheiser mm450 and 550. Both have bad reviews on volume level which is important to me. I plan to use this on either an iPhone 4 or one of the iPod selections since my management has banned cell phone use on the floor. The real reason I'm willing to fork over this kind of money is I plan to use this to listen to textbooks and study material I have downloaded to iTunes. I will listen to music only after the semesters are over. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/4/11 at 6:52pmpost #3 of 64/5/11 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Those are some great headphones despite the fact that they would only be ideal while I was at work and relatively stationary. The deal breaker is that they don't fill the role of hearing protection that I need. The environment I work in has noises that gets pretty close to a gun being fired at times.post #4 of 64/5/11 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winkylocc
Those are some great headphones despite the fact that they would only be ideal while I was at work and relatively stationary. The deal breaker is that they don't fill the role of hearing protection that I need. The environment I work in has noises that gets pretty close to a gun being fired at times.
RS170 is a closed can and should provide some isolation.
If you have to be wireless and with good isolation get something like Senn HD25 and some wireless adaptor.post #5 of 64/6/11 at 7:04am
Hmm, if you need serious noise isloation then active noise cancellation might be your best option. Here a few options for ya:
Sennheiser MM 450, MM 550
With these Sennheisers you'll find both wireless bluetooth functionality and an excellent active noise cancellation system.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 7:35am
- What should I select
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 18 seconds ago
- › Audiofly AF140 Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN Tour Thread and Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Portable AMP DAC for AKG K612 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2