Hi everyone i am not a true audiophile but am looking for some good over the ear headphones. Im going to mainly use these for gaming and i do most of my music listening through my pc. My price range is around $150 and dont want to exceed $200. Also i dont use any amps because i am still new and would consider myself a casual listener.
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone for gaming/dubstep around $100 Last post on 8/10/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing my first pair of quality headphones! Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones... Last post on 4/11/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/4/11 at 7:31pmpost #3 of 44/4/11 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #4 of 44/4/11 at 8:27pmThat's an excellent choice. The M50's are fairly easy to drive so an amp isn't necessary (it does help, though). And they're closed so they won't bother your neighbors (and they won't bother you).
Oh and welcome to head-fi! For first time use don't worry about how the music/movies sound. Just sit back, relax, and let the sound take you.
- Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3980 Active Users (743 Members and 3237 Guests)
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 27 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 31 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 34 seconds ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 44 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 53 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 54 seconds ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 59 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Got an X-Fi Elite Pro for $28...old but still better than the Sound... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3