Hi everyone i am not a true audiophile but am looking for some good over the ear headphones. Im going to mainly use these for gaming and i do most of my music listening through my pc. My price range is around $150 and dont want to exceed $200. Also i dont use any amps because i am still new and would consider myself a casual listener.
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone for gaming/dubstep around $100 Last post on 8/10/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing my first pair of quality headphones! Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones... Last post on 4/11/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/4/11 at 7:31pmpost #3 of 44/4/11 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #4 of 44/4/11 at 8:27pmThat's an excellent choice. The M50's are fairly easy to drive so an amp isn't necessary (it does help, though). And they're closed so they won't bother your neighbors (and they won't bother you).
Oh and welcome to head-fi! For first time use don't worry about how the music/movies sound. Just sit back, relax, and let the sound take you.
- Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3540 Active Users (667 Members and 2873 Guests)
- › 1964 Ears 18 seconds ago
- › Portable amp/dac for Sony mdr-xb450ap 22 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 31 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 (Canada) 1 minute ago
- › Astell - Home system - AK500N Network audio player - AK500A... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2