Hi everyone i am not a true audiophile but am looking for some good over the ear headphones. Im going to mainly use these for gaming and i do most of my music listening through my pc. My price range is around $150 and dont want to exceed $200. Also i dont use any amps because i am still new and would consider myself a casual listener.
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone for gaming/dubstep around $100 Last post on 8/10/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing my first pair of quality headphones! Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones... Last post on 4/11/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/4/11 at 7:31pmpost #3 of 44/4/11 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #4 of 44/4/11 at 8:27pmThat's an excellent choice. The M50's are fairly easy to drive so an amp isn't necessary (it does help, though). And they're closed so they won't bother your neighbors (and they won't bother you).
Oh and welcome to head-fi! For first time use don't worry about how the music/movies sound. Just sit back, relax, and let the sound take you.
- Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3197 Active Users (406 Members and 2791 Guests)
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 33 seconds ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 3 minutes ago
- › Just opened AKG K7XX and Sennheiser HD580 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Engine A5+ 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Hi-Fi Audiophile Stores??? Anywhere? Anywhere at all??? 10 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)