Hi everyone i am not a true audiophile but am looking for some good over the ear headphones. Im going to mainly use these for gaming and i do most of my music listening through my pc. My price range is around $150 and dont want to exceed $200. Also i dont use any amps because i am still new and would consider myself a casual listener.
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone for gaming/dubstep around $100 Last post on 8/10/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing my first pair of quality headphones! Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones... Last post on 4/11/11 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/4/11 at 7:31pmpost #3 of 44/4/11 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #4 of 44/4/11 at 8:27pmThat's an excellent choice. The M50's are fairly easy to drive so an amp isn't necessary (it does help, though). And they're closed so they won't bother your neighbors (and they won't bother you).
Oh and welcome to head-fi! For first time use don't worry about how the music/movies sound. Just sit back, relax, and let the sound take you.
- Advice for a newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2850 Active Users (450 Members and 2400 Guests)
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Losing stereo through splitter 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 5 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 11 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3