I am looking to get an amp soon, budget is 1000usd and not sure which one to go for. Currently have the RS1 and CD3000 but may get the T1 or HD800. I dont need the amp with DAC as I will get the DAC on its own. Mainly listen to Pop and classics, hope you guys could help me out.
Related Forum Threads
- WA 6 SE Vs CSP2+ for HD800 Last post on 11/30/10 at 3:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some input from some experienced head-fier, is LD MK IV se that bad for T1, HD800 ??? Last post on 4/25/11 at 5:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC and Amp for HD800 -- $2,500 Budget Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
The best Headphone Amp under 1000usdpost #1 of 184/4/11 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 184/4/11 at 8:18pmpost #3 of 184/4/11 at 8:29pm
Someone is going to say 'Corda Concerto.' So there you have it. The Concerto has a good reputation. And then there's the GS-1, XP-7...well, I'm not really familiar with this price point. But those are pretty well-regarded, well, for solid state at least.post #4 of 184/4/11 at 8:36pmYe the WA6-SE is very good with HD800, I heard it on a meet although it might be a little out of your budget , but you can try to get a used one. I think there is someone selling it right now, check the Sale/Trade . There are some other choices, the V200 from Lake people( Germany made i think), It's really bang for the buck. And CSP2+ from DEC-ware( my friend have this one, he's pretty happy with it ).post #5 of 184/5/11 at 11:02ampost #6 of 184/6/11 at 1:48pmpost #7 of 184/6/11 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #8 of 184/6/11 at 7:50pm
the burson HA-160 has superb synergy with the T!,
but the HD800 wont sparkle on it.
The EF5 hybrid amp matches better with the HD800, the treble is tamed, and the bass energised.
with a good dac, the HD800 is feenomenal.post #9 of 184/6/11 at 9:27pm
+1 on the EF5, it's an incredible little amp for $400. Very warm, musical, and surprisingly powerful (more so than the Concerto which I also currently own). Makes my D7000s and HE-5LEs sing!
Edited by 1974 - 4/6/11 at 9:31pmpost #10 of 184/7/11 at 2:38amQuote:
Wow quite the stretch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though even if your wallet doesn't!post #11 of 184/7/11 at 9:33ampost #12 of 184/7/11 at 9:39am
Violectric V100, no question about it. This little amp is one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers you can buy. It can drive the LCD-2 and HE-6 quite well. And it's a perfect match for high-Z cans like the HD-800 and T1. Price fluctuates depending on the Euro but somewhere in the range of $800 shipped. Yes, I did own it and use it with the 2 ortho cans and the HD-800. I really can't say enough good things about it considering fact that unless you run a HE-6 or K1000, it's the only headphone amp you'll ever need. I also owned the EF-5 and although very musical with low-Z cans, its performance with 250/300 ohm cans was lacking, to say the least. I would NOT recommend this amp to use with anything over 50 ohms nominal impedance.post #13 of 184/7/11 at 9:46am
Nuforce udac2...just kidding .
There's no best amp, it all depends on what headphone you're using since amps synergize with headphones differently.
The Burson HA-160 is a horrible match for the HD800 in my opinion. They are bright by themselves and when paired with the HD800 which can have treble issues it was not a good match. The HD800 definitely pair well with tube amps so look in that direction.
EDIT**** Nevermind, I did not see your post indicating that you're getting the Leben. You're probably getting one of the best tube amps in the market so I'm sure with the HD800 it would be a match made in heaven.
Edited by brasewel - 4/7/11 at 9:51ampost #14 of 184/7/11 at 9:53ampost #15 of 184/7/11 at 10:06am
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › Low-Price Audiophile Headphones 6 seconds ago
- › The Playstation 4 10 seconds ago
- › Thinking of going with AKG 702? 22 seconds ago
- › SRH840 impression 48 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 2 minutes ago
- › HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE! 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information... 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe