I am looking to get an amp soon, budget is 1000usd and not sure which one to go for. Currently have the RS1 and CD3000 but may get the T1 or HD800. I dont need the amp with DAC as I will get the DAC on its own. Mainly listen to Pop and classics, hope you guys could help me out.
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryDACstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 4/5/11More
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- WA 6 SE Vs CSP2+ for HD800 Last post on 11/30/10 at 3:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some input from some experienced head-fier, is LD MK IV se that bad for T1, HD800 ??? Last post on 4/25/11 at 5:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC and Amp for HD800 -- $2,500 Budget Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Introduction The A83 have been on my wish list for a while now, saw them at a reasonable price so thought why not snatch them up. So here we are I finally have the lovelies plugged into my ears...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
The best Headphone Amp under 1000usdpost #1 of 184/4/11 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 184/4/11 at 8:18pmpost #3 of 184/4/11 at 8:29pm
Someone is going to say 'Corda Concerto.' So there you have it. The Concerto has a good reputation. And then there's the GS-1, XP-7...well, I'm not really familiar with this price point. But those are pretty well-regarded, well, for solid state at least.post #4 of 184/4/11 at 8:36pmYe the WA6-SE is very good with HD800, I heard it on a meet although it might be a little out of your budget , but you can try to get a used one. I think there is someone selling it right now, check the Sale/Trade . There are some other choices, the V200 from Lake people( Germany made i think), It's really bang for the buck. And CSP2+ from DEC-ware( my friend have this one, he's pretty happy with it ).post #5 of 184/5/11 at 11:02ampost #6 of 184/6/11 at 1:48pmpost #7 of 184/6/11 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #8 of 184/6/11 at 7:50pm
the burson HA-160 has superb synergy with the T!,
but the HD800 wont sparkle on it.
The EF5 hybrid amp matches better with the HD800, the treble is tamed, and the bass energised.
with a good dac, the HD800 is feenomenal.post #9 of 184/6/11 at 9:27pm
+1 on the EF5, it's an incredible little amp for $400. Very warm, musical, and surprisingly powerful (more so than the Concerto which I also currently own). Makes my D7000s and HE-5LEs sing!
Edited by 1974 - 4/6/11 at 9:31pmpost #10 of 184/7/11 at 2:38amQuote:
Wow quite the stretch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though even if your wallet doesn't!post #11 of 184/7/11 at 9:33ampost #12 of 184/7/11 at 9:39am
Violectric V100, no question about it. This little amp is one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers you can buy. It can drive the LCD-2 and HE-6 quite well. And it's a perfect match for high-Z cans like the HD-800 and T1. Price fluctuates depending on the Euro but somewhere in the range of $800 shipped. Yes, I did own it and use it with the 2 ortho cans and the HD-800. I really can't say enough good things about it considering fact that unless you run a HE-6 or K1000, it's the only headphone amp you'll ever need. I also owned the EF-5 and although very musical with low-Z cans, its performance with 250/300 ohm cans was lacking, to say the least. I would NOT recommend this amp to use with anything over 50 ohms nominal impedance.post #13 of 184/7/11 at 9:46am
Nuforce udac2...just kidding .
There's no best amp, it all depends on what headphone you're using since amps synergize with headphones differently.
The Burson HA-160 is a horrible match for the HD800 in my opinion. They are bright by themselves and when paired with the HD800 which can have treble issues it was not a good match. The HD800 definitely pair well with tube amps so look in that direction.
EDIT**** Nevermind, I did not see your post indicating that you're getting the Leben. You're probably getting one of the best tube amps in the market so I'm sure with the HD800 it would be a match made in heaven.
Edited by brasewel - 4/7/11 at 9:51ampost #14 of 184/7/11 at 9:53ampost #15 of 184/7/11 at 10:06am
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Denon AHM-M400 4 seconds ago
- › getting started 35 seconds ago
- › Music sound with in ear from Sony: LG G2 or HTC One? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2