I am looking to get an amp soon, budget is 1000usd and not sure which one to go for. Currently have the RS1 and CD3000 but may get the T1 or HD800. I dont need the amp with DAC as I will get the DAC on its own. Mainly listen to Pop and classics, hope you guys could help me out.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryDACstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 4/5/11More
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- WA 6 SE Vs CSP2+ for HD800 Last post on 11/30/10 at 3:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some input from some experienced head-fier, is LD MK IV se that bad for T1, HD800 ??? Last post on 4/25/11 at 5:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC and Amp for HD800 -- $2,500 Budget Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
The best Headphone Amp under 1000usdpost #1 of 184/4/11 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 184/4/11 at 8:18pmpost #3 of 184/4/11 at 8:29pm
Someone is going to say 'Corda Concerto.' So there you have it. The Concerto has a good reputation. And then there's the GS-1, XP-7...well, I'm not really familiar with this price point. But those are pretty well-regarded, well, for solid state at least.post #4 of 184/4/11 at 8:36pmYe the WA6-SE is very good with HD800, I heard it on a meet although it might be a little out of your budget , but you can try to get a used one. I think there is someone selling it right now, check the Sale/Trade . There are some other choices, the V200 from Lake people( Germany made i think), It's really bang for the buck. And CSP2+ from DEC-ware( my friend have this one, he's pretty happy with it ).post #5 of 184/5/11 at 11:02ampost #6 of 184/6/11 at 1:48pmpost #7 of 184/6/11 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #8 of 184/6/11 at 7:50pm
the burson HA-160 has superb synergy with the T!,
but the HD800 wont sparkle on it.
The EF5 hybrid amp matches better with the HD800, the treble is tamed, and the bass energised.
with a good dac, the HD800 is feenomenal.post #9 of 184/6/11 at 9:27pm
+1 on the EF5, it's an incredible little amp for $400. Very warm, musical, and surprisingly powerful (more so than the Concerto which I also currently own). Makes my D7000s and HE-5LEs sing!
Edited by 1974 - 4/6/11 at 9:31pmpost #10 of 184/7/11 at 2:38amQuote:
Wow quite the stretch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though even if your wallet doesn't!post #11 of 184/7/11 at 9:33ampost #12 of 184/7/11 at 9:39am
Violectric V100, no question about it. This little amp is one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers you can buy. It can drive the LCD-2 and HE-6 quite well. And it's a perfect match for high-Z cans like the HD-800 and T1. Price fluctuates depending on the Euro but somewhere in the range of $800 shipped. Yes, I did own it and use it with the 2 ortho cans and the HD-800. I really can't say enough good things about it considering fact that unless you run a HE-6 or K1000, it's the only headphone amp you'll ever need. I also owned the EF-5 and although very musical with low-Z cans, its performance with 250/300 ohm cans was lacking, to say the least. I would NOT recommend this amp to use with anything over 50 ohms nominal impedance.post #13 of 184/7/11 at 9:46am
Nuforce udac2...just kidding .
There's no best amp, it all depends on what headphone you're using since amps synergize with headphones differently.
The Burson HA-160 is a horrible match for the HD800 in my opinion. They are bright by themselves and when paired with the HD800 which can have treble issues it was not a good match. The HD800 definitely pair well with tube amps so look in that direction.
EDIT**** Nevermind, I did not see your post indicating that you're getting the Leben. You're probably getting one of the best tube amps in the market so I'm sure with the HD800 it would be a match made in heaven.
Edited by brasewel - 4/7/11 at 9:51ampost #14 of 184/7/11 at 9:53ampost #15 of 184/7/11 at 10:06am
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 33 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 3 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 4 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3