I am looking to get an amp soon, budget is 1000usd and not sure which one to go for. Currently have the RS1 and CD3000 but may get the T1 or HD800. I dont need the amp with DAC as I will get the DAC on its own. Mainly listen to Pop and classics, hope you guys could help me out.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryDACstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/5/11
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 4/5/11More
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- WA 6 SE Vs CSP2+ for HD800 Last post on 11/30/10 at 3:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some input from some experienced head-fier, is LD MK IV se that bad for T1, HD800 ??? Last post on 4/25/11 at 5:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC and Amp for HD800 -- $2,500 Budget Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
The best Headphone Amp under 1000usdpost #1 of 184/4/11 at 2:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 184/4/11 at 8:18pmpost #3 of 184/4/11 at 8:29pm
Someone is going to say 'Corda Concerto.' So there you have it. The Concerto has a good reputation. And then there's the GS-1, XP-7...well, I'm not really familiar with this price point. But those are pretty well-regarded, well, for solid state at least.post #4 of 184/4/11 at 8:36pmYe the WA6-SE is very good with HD800, I heard it on a meet although it might be a little out of your budget , but you can try to get a used one. I think there is someone selling it right now, check the Sale/Trade . There are some other choices, the V200 from Lake people( Germany made i think), It's really bang for the buck. And CSP2+ from DEC-ware( my friend have this one, he's pretty happy with it ).post #5 of 184/5/11 at 11:02ampost #6 of 184/6/11 at 1:48pmpost #7 of 184/6/11 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #8 of 184/6/11 at 7:50pm
the burson HA-160 has superb synergy with the T!,
but the HD800 wont sparkle on it.
The EF5 hybrid amp matches better with the HD800, the treble is tamed, and the bass energised.
with a good dac, the HD800 is feenomenal.post #9 of 184/6/11 at 9:27pm
+1 on the EF5, it's an incredible little amp for $400. Very warm, musical, and surprisingly powerful (more so than the Concerto which I also currently own). Makes my D7000s and HE-5LEs sing!
Edited by 1974 - 4/6/11 at 9:31pmpost #10 of 184/7/11 at 2:38amQuote:
Wow quite the stretch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though even if your wallet doesn't!post #11 of 184/7/11 at 9:33ampost #12 of 184/7/11 at 9:39am
Violectric V100, no question about it. This little amp is one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers you can buy. It can drive the LCD-2 and HE-6 quite well. And it's a perfect match for high-Z cans like the HD-800 and T1. Price fluctuates depending on the Euro but somewhere in the range of $800 shipped. Yes, I did own it and use it with the 2 ortho cans and the HD-800. I really can't say enough good things about it considering fact that unless you run a HE-6 or K1000, it's the only headphone amp you'll ever need. I also owned the EF-5 and although very musical with low-Z cans, its performance with 250/300 ohm cans was lacking, to say the least. I would NOT recommend this amp to use with anything over 50 ohms nominal impedance.post #13 of 184/7/11 at 9:46am
Nuforce udac2...just kidding .
There's no best amp, it all depends on what headphone you're using since amps synergize with headphones differently.
The Burson HA-160 is a horrible match for the HD800 in my opinion. They are bright by themselves and when paired with the HD800 which can have treble issues it was not a good match. The HD800 definitely pair well with tube amps so look in that direction.
EDIT**** Nevermind, I did not see your post indicating that you're getting the Leben. You're probably getting one of the best tube amps in the market so I'm sure with the HD800 it would be a match made in heaven.
Edited by brasewel - 4/7/11 at 9:51ampost #14 of 184/7/11 at 9:53ampost #15 of 184/7/11 at 10:06am
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Any other kid head-fiers? 6 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted Eddie Current 2A3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › FS: iBasso DX50 + silicone case 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)