Got my Fiio E7 the other day. It is my first headphone amp. Still burning in. But preliminarily not sure how I feel about it. Definitely makes a difference in my W4s, but unclear to me if I like it or not. Bass much more pronounced, but its a midbass boost. I am considering the Headstage 4G once it comes out for a more subbass boost. Anyone one know how the bass boosts on the Headstage 3G is against the E7's? What frequencies does the 3G bass boost amp up?
Related Forum Threads
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have an S:Flo2. The lowest slider on the built-in EQ is 60hz I think. Trying out the Arrow the other day, I definitely preferred the bass boost on the amp over the player's as I felt it was less mid-bass boomy and went deeper. Of the two levels of boost, the second one would definitely be a cause of pleasure for any basshead or fan of genres like dubstep, but I'd wager it would be too much for most listeners.
- Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 6 seconds ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 43 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE 800 (2 weeks old mint condition, includes everything)... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 3 minutes ago
- › I need advice on my next IEM and on a sound card. 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)