Got my Fiio E7 the other day. It is my first headphone amp. Still burning in. But preliminarily not sure how I feel about it. Definitely makes a difference in my W4s, but unclear to me if I like it or not. Bass much more pronounced, but its a midbass boost. I am considering the Headstage 4G once it comes out for a more subbass boost. Anyone one know how the bass boosts on the Headstage 3G is against the E7's? What frequencies does the 3G bass boost amp up?
Related Forum Threads
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have an S:Flo2. The lowest slider on the built-in EQ is 60hz I think. Trying out the Arrow the other day, I definitely preferred the bass boost on the amp over the player's as I felt it was less mid-bass boomy and went deeper. Of the two levels of boost, the second one would definitely be a cause of pleasure for any basshead or fan of genres like dubstep, but I'd wager it would be too much for most listeners.
- Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 38 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, October 25-26,... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Review 4 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 4 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)