Got my Fiio E7 the other day. It is my first headphone amp. Still burning in. But preliminarily not sure how I feel about it. Definitely makes a difference in my W4s, but unclear to me if I like it or not. Bass much more pronounced, but its a midbass boost. I am considering the Headstage 4G once it comes out for a more subbass boost. Anyone one know how the bass boosts on the Headstage 3G is against the E7's? What frequencies does the 3G bass boost amp up?
Related Forum Threads
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have an S:Flo2. The lowest slider on the built-in EQ is 60hz I think. Trying out the Arrow the other day, I definitely preferred the bass boost on the amp over the player's as I felt it was less mid-bass boomy and went deeper. Of the two levels of boost, the second one would definitely be a cause of pleasure for any basshead or fan of genres like dubstep, but I'd wager it would be too much for most listeners.
- Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Replacing Philips HP890 58 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Allnic HPA-3000 2 minutes ago
- › Using EQ for headphones? Good or bad? 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 5 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)