Got my Fiio E7 the other day. It is my first headphone amp. Still burning in. But preliminarily not sure how I feel about it. Definitely makes a difference in my W4s, but unclear to me if I like it or not. Bass much more pronounced, but its a midbass boost. I am considering the Headstage 4G once it comes out for a more subbass boost. Anyone one know how the bass boosts on the Headstage 3G is against the E7's? What frequencies does the 3G bass boost amp up?
Related Forum Threads
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have an S:Flo2. The lowest slider on the built-in EQ is 60hz I think. Trying out the Arrow the other day, I definitely preferred the bass boost on the amp over the player's as I felt it was less mid-bass boomy and went deeper. Of the two levels of boost, the second one would definitely be a cause of pleasure for any basshead or fan of genres like dubstep, but I'd wager it would be too much for most listeners.
- Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 seconds ago
- › Trouble uploading pics on new iOS 58 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Mobile version 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)