Got my Fiio E7 the other day. It is my first headphone amp. Still burning in. But preliminarily not sure how I feel about it. Definitely makes a difference in my W4s, but unclear to me if I like it or not. Bass much more pronounced, but its a midbass boost. I am considering the Headstage 4G once it comes out for a more subbass boost. Anyone one know how the bass boosts on the Headstage 3G is against the E7's? What frequencies does the 3G bass boost amp up?
Related Forum Threads
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
This review is a summary section of In-Depth Review I posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765004/audio-technica-ath-r70x-in-depth-review-impressions Please visit the link above for more...
Topping NX1 Australian Tour - DJScopeFirstly I'd like to thank @DMax99 for sending this awesome little portable headphone amplifier on a tour of Australia, and @H20Fidelity for helping out organise...
Specification Price: £385 Medical grade Silicone Full shell (can request different) Dual driver balanced armature 1.4m non removable cable. Kevlar reinforced clear cable. Ear impressions and...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have an S:Flo2. The lowest slider on the built-in EQ is 60hz I think. Trying out the Arrow the other day, I definitely preferred the bass boost on the amp over the player's as I felt it was less mid-bass boomy and went deeper. Of the two levels of boost, the second one would definitely be a cause of pleasure for any basshead or fan of genres like dubstep, but I'd wager it would be too much for most listeners.
- Fiio E7; anyone know how the Headstage 3g stacks up?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 14 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Mellowship
- › Bauhn Noise Canceling Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2