My LCD-2 and Lyr sound very good together. No hum at all. My dac is battery powered so there is no ground situation there with the Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 w/ Headroom Desktop Amp series? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly...
DisclaimerThis sample was sent to me for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions and observations here are my own based on my experience with the product. I have no affiliation with the...
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced) - Page 7post #91 of 955/17/11 at 10:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 955/18/11 at 8:45amThread StarterQuote:
This is a good idea - will actually try it at my neighbor's house right next door, a suburb clone. Should have thought of this.
I don't remember if I mentioned that Jason couldn't detect a hum (with the LCD-2) when I sent my original unit back to Schitt.post #93 of 956/14/11 at 8:30am
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to comment on the Lyr.
After reading the limited number of reviews and comments on the web about the Lyr, I began communicating with Jason Stoddard of Lyr. I was a little worried that I was being a bit of a pain with all my questions, but he was very patient, helpful and informative. I liked what I heard, so I ordered a Lyr on June 1st, and it arrived promptly last week.
It was expertly packaged, and I was immediately impressed with the no-nonsense solid build quality. Really nice volume knob, and I was happy to see it had a detachable IEC power inlet. It looked like it should be lot more expensive than it was.
I knew it would take lots of burn-in time, but of course, I couldn't wait to start listening. I was pleased with the initial listen, but after 48 hours of burn-in I'm thrilled. I'm still burning it in, and based on past burn-in experience, I'm guessing it hasn't reached it's full potential yet.
As far as hum or noise is concerned - this Lyr is absolutely dead quiet - even when I turn the volume to max, and there is absolutely no noise from the volume control. I am using a high quality power cord running from an isolation transformer, so this may have some effect.
I plan to write a review of my experiences in the future, but for now, I'll be too absorbed in my music in a way I've never heard it before.
PS: My phones are Senn HD 800.post #94 of 956/14/11 at 1:34pm
- LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 11 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 13 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 22 seconds ago
- › Topping A30 Headphone Amplifier 39 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Aigo Z1 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear