My LCD-2 and Lyr sound very good together. No hum at all. My dac is battery powered so there is no ground situation there with the Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 w/ Headroom Desktop Amp series? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced) - Page 7post #91 of 955/17/11 at 10:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 955/18/11 at 8:45amThread StarterQuote:
This is a good idea - will actually try it at my neighbor's house right next door, a suburb clone. Should have thought of this.
I don't remember if I mentioned that Jason couldn't detect a hum (with the LCD-2) when I sent my original unit back to Schitt.post #93 of 956/14/11 at 8:30am
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to comment on the Lyr.
After reading the limited number of reviews and comments on the web about the Lyr, I began communicating with Jason Stoddard of Lyr. I was a little worried that I was being a bit of a pain with all my questions, but he was very patient, helpful and informative. I liked what I heard, so I ordered a Lyr on June 1st, and it arrived promptly last week.
It was expertly packaged, and I was immediately impressed with the no-nonsense solid build quality. Really nice volume knob, and I was happy to see it had a detachable IEC power inlet. It looked like it should be lot more expensive than it was.
I knew it would take lots of burn-in time, but of course, I couldn't wait to start listening. I was pleased with the initial listen, but after 48 hours of burn-in I'm thrilled. I'm still burning it in, and based on past burn-in experience, I'm guessing it hasn't reached it's full potential yet.
As far as hum or noise is concerned - this Lyr is absolutely dead quiet - even when I turn the volume to max, and there is absolutely no noise from the volume control. I am using a high quality power cord running from an isolation transformer, so this may have some effect.
I plan to write a review of my experiences in the future, but for now, I'll be too absorbed in my music in a way I've never heard it before.
PS: My phones are Senn HD 800.post #94 of 956/14/11 at 1:34pm
- LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Need help on choosing iBasso DX50 or Fiio X3 28 seconds ago
- › AKG Q701 Austria made vs China with picture. 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations to get me started (amp/headphones/dap... for a n00b) 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-C751 - VS - Yamaha EPH100 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Why is the AKG K540 headphone so unknown on this site? 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)