My LCD-2 and Lyr sound very good together. No hum at all. My dac is battery powered so there is no ground situation there with the Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 w/ Headroom Desktop Amp series? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced) - Page 7post #91 of 955/17/11 at 10:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 955/18/11 at 8:45amThread StarterQuote:
This is a good idea - will actually try it at my neighbor's house right next door, a suburb clone. Should have thought of this.
I don't remember if I mentioned that Jason couldn't detect a hum (with the LCD-2) when I sent my original unit back to Schitt.post #93 of 956/14/11 at 8:30am
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to comment on the Lyr.
After reading the limited number of reviews and comments on the web about the Lyr, I began communicating with Jason Stoddard of Lyr. I was a little worried that I was being a bit of a pain with all my questions, but he was very patient, helpful and informative. I liked what I heard, so I ordered a Lyr on June 1st, and it arrived promptly last week.
It was expertly packaged, and I was immediately impressed with the no-nonsense solid build quality. Really nice volume knob, and I was happy to see it had a detachable IEC power inlet. It looked like it should be lot more expensive than it was.
I knew it would take lots of burn-in time, but of course, I couldn't wait to start listening. I was pleased with the initial listen, but after 48 hours of burn-in I'm thrilled. I'm still burning it in, and based on past burn-in experience, I'm guessing it hasn't reached it's full potential yet.
As far as hum or noise is concerned - this Lyr is absolutely dead quiet - even when I turn the volume to max, and there is absolutely no noise from the volume control. I am using a high quality power cord running from an isolation transformer, so this may have some effect.
I plan to write a review of my experiences in the future, but for now, I'll be too absorbed in my music in a way I've never heard it before.
PS: My phones are Senn HD 800.post #94 of 956/14/11 at 1:34pm
- LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced)
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 seconds ago
- › Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door 21 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 56 seconds ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from the SR225i... looking for some advice :) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Your favourite "not the best" headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi