My LCD-2 and Lyr sound very good together. No hum at all. My dac is battery powered so there is no ground situation there with the Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 w/ Headroom Desktop Amp series? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced) - Page 7post #91 of 955/17/11 at 10:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 955/18/11 at 8:45amThread StarterQuote:
This is a good idea - will actually try it at my neighbor's house right next door, a suburb clone. Should have thought of this.
I don't remember if I mentioned that Jason couldn't detect a hum (with the LCD-2) when I sent my original unit back to Schitt.post #93 of 956/14/11 at 8:30am
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to comment on the Lyr.
After reading the limited number of reviews and comments on the web about the Lyr, I began communicating with Jason Stoddard of Lyr. I was a little worried that I was being a bit of a pain with all my questions, but he was very patient, helpful and informative. I liked what I heard, so I ordered a Lyr on June 1st, and it arrived promptly last week.
It was expertly packaged, and I was immediately impressed with the no-nonsense solid build quality. Really nice volume knob, and I was happy to see it had a detachable IEC power inlet. It looked like it should be lot more expensive than it was.
I knew it would take lots of burn-in time, but of course, I couldn't wait to start listening. I was pleased with the initial listen, but after 48 hours of burn-in I'm thrilled. I'm still burning it in, and based on past burn-in experience, I'm guessing it hasn't reached it's full potential yet.
As far as hum or noise is concerned - this Lyr is absolutely dead quiet - even when I turn the volume to max, and there is absolutely no noise from the volume control. I am using a high quality power cord running from an isolation transformer, so this may have some effect.
I plan to write a review of my experiences in the future, but for now, I'll be too absorbed in my music in a way I've never heard it before.
PS: My phones are Senn HD 800.post #94 of 956/14/11 at 1:34pm
- LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 43 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2 Rosewood Planar Magnetic Headphones - Like New... 1 minute ago
- › Rate the DAPs you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 minutes ago
- › The Traditional Metal Thread 4 minutes ago
- › is the stax lambda nova basic system any good ? 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear