My LCD-2 and Lyr sound very good together. No hum at all. My dac is battery powered so there is no ground situation there with the Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 vs AKG K701 on a Schiit Lyr is it worth it? Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 w/ Headroom Desktop Amp series? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced) - Page 7post #91 of 955/17/11 at 10:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 955/18/11 at 8:45amThread StarterQuote:
This is a good idea - will actually try it at my neighbor's house right next door, a suburb clone. Should have thought of this.
I don't remember if I mentioned that Jason couldn't detect a hum (with the LCD-2) when I sent my original unit back to Schitt.post #93 of 956/14/11 at 8:30am
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to comment on the Lyr.
After reading the limited number of reviews and comments on the web about the Lyr, I began communicating with Jason Stoddard of Lyr. I was a little worried that I was being a bit of a pain with all my questions, but he was very patient, helpful and informative. I liked what I heard, so I ordered a Lyr on June 1st, and it arrived promptly last week.
It was expertly packaged, and I was immediately impressed with the no-nonsense solid build quality. Really nice volume knob, and I was happy to see it had a detachable IEC power inlet. It looked like it should be lot more expensive than it was.
I knew it would take lots of burn-in time, but of course, I couldn't wait to start listening. I was pleased with the initial listen, but after 48 hours of burn-in I'm thrilled. I'm still burning it in, and based on past burn-in experience, I'm guessing it hasn't reached it's full potential yet.
As far as hum or noise is concerned - this Lyr is absolutely dead quiet - even when I turn the volume to max, and there is absolutely no noise from the volume control. I am using a high quality power cord running from an isolation transformer, so this may have some effect.
I plan to write a review of my experiences in the future, but for now, I'll be too absorbed in my music in a way I've never heard it before.
PS: My phones are Senn HD 800.post #94 of 956/14/11 at 1:34pm
- LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 21 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 29 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Ath-ad900x/ad700x vs dt770 pro 80 ohm 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New DAC/Amp for HE400is 7 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...