I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/4/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/4/11
- productSony MDR1-Q010 Qualia 010tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Superlux HD681? Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?post #1 of 334/2/11 at 10:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 334/2/11 at 10:31am
Really depends on your "fashion" sense. A lot of the older-styled headphones (Panasonics and Grados) are very much in fashion right now. At least in New York, vintage English Countryside (Barbour, tweed, etc) are super stylish and vintage Hi-Fi matches perfectly. Heck, look at any J-Crew catalog and tell me that a silver 325i wouldn't match perfectly with the drastically overpriced Belstaff jackets they're selling.
Quote:post #3 of 334/2/11 at 10:32ampost #4 of 334/2/11 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #5 of 334/2/11 at 10:39ampost #6 of 334/2/11 at 10:41amThread StarterQuote:
Oooh they sound gooood, look good too but all in black
Edited by jonoh248 - 4/2/11 at 11:00ampost #7 of 334/2/11 at 10:41ampost #8 of 334/2/11 at 11:50am
What exactly is your style? What brands of things do you wear? I'm really interested in finding a match now.post #9 of 334/2/11 at 11:53amThread StarterQuote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.
post #10 of 334/2/11 at 11:54amThere is a full range of headphones, from sounding really bad to really good as we all know. Looks are subjective; a pair of phones will look good to someone but bad to someone else. Therefore, there are good looking headphones out there that sound good!post #11 of 334/2/11 at 11:55am
Then Dr. Dre Beats might be the only one for you. The definition of 'hip' is to be mainstream, regardless of if the mainstream products are good or not.
Quote:post #12 of 334/2/11 at 11:57am
If you like any of the Beyerdynamic DT series you can get them custom colored to your liking with Manufaktor.
Quote:post #13 of 334/2/11 at 12:01pm
Try the Audio Technica on-ear portables.
ESW9 and ES10, I think.Quote:post #14 of 334/2/11 at 12:03pm
I totally forgot about the ESW9s. I LOVE those headphones...They look so good.Quote:post #15 of 334/2/11 at 12:05pmThread Starter
Yeah those are not bad at all! Look good too. But still, very few of such headphones that offer color and sound in one package (my opinion).Quote:
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › "The Lab" 28 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 57 seconds ago
- › Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best bang for buck neutral IEM $300-400? 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2