I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/4/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/4/11
- productSony MDR1-Q010 Qualia 010tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Superlux HD681? Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?post #1 of 334/2/11 at 10:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 334/2/11 at 10:31am
Really depends on your "fashion" sense. A lot of the older-styled headphones (Panasonics and Grados) are very much in fashion right now. At least in New York, vintage English Countryside (Barbour, tweed, etc) are super stylish and vintage Hi-Fi matches perfectly. Heck, look at any J-Crew catalog and tell me that a silver 325i wouldn't match perfectly with the drastically overpriced Belstaff jackets they're selling.
Quote:post #3 of 334/2/11 at 10:32ampost #4 of 334/2/11 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #5 of 334/2/11 at 10:39ampost #6 of 334/2/11 at 10:41amThread StarterQuote:
Oooh they sound gooood, look good too but all in black
Edited by jonoh248 - 4/2/11 at 11:00ampost #7 of 334/2/11 at 10:41ampost #8 of 334/2/11 at 11:50am
What exactly is your style? What brands of things do you wear? I'm really interested in finding a match now.post #9 of 334/2/11 at 11:53amThread StarterQuote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.
post #10 of 334/2/11 at 11:54amThere is a full range of headphones, from sounding really bad to really good as we all know. Looks are subjective; a pair of phones will look good to someone but bad to someone else. Therefore, there are good looking headphones out there that sound good!post #11 of 334/2/11 at 11:55am
Then Dr. Dre Beats might be the only one for you. The definition of 'hip' is to be mainstream, regardless of if the mainstream products are good or not.
Quote:post #12 of 334/2/11 at 11:57am
If you like any of the Beyerdynamic DT series you can get them custom colored to your liking with Manufaktor.
Quote:post #13 of 334/2/11 at 12:01pm
Try the Audio Technica on-ear portables.
ESW9 and ES10, I think.Quote:post #14 of 334/2/11 at 12:03pm
I totally forgot about the ESW9s. I LOVE those headphones...They look so good.Quote:post #15 of 334/2/11 at 12:05pmThread Starter
Yeah those are not bad at all! Look good too. But still, very few of such headphones that offer color and sound in one package (my opinion).Quote:
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 34 seconds ago
- › Using EQ for headphones? Good or bad? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Portable phones that are close to DT770 Pro? 6 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)