I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/4/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/4/11
- productSony MDR1-Q010 Qualia 010tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Superlux HD681? Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?post #1 of 334/2/11 at 10:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 334/2/11 at 10:31am
Really depends on your "fashion" sense. A lot of the older-styled headphones (Panasonics and Grados) are very much in fashion right now. At least in New York, vintage English Countryside (Barbour, tweed, etc) are super stylish and vintage Hi-Fi matches perfectly. Heck, look at any J-Crew catalog and tell me that a silver 325i wouldn't match perfectly with the drastically overpriced Belstaff jackets they're selling.
Quote:post #3 of 334/2/11 at 10:32ampost #4 of 334/2/11 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #5 of 334/2/11 at 10:39ampost #6 of 334/2/11 at 10:41amThread StarterQuote:
Oooh they sound gooood, look good too but all in black
Edited by jonoh248 - 4/2/11 at 11:00ampost #7 of 334/2/11 at 10:41ampost #8 of 334/2/11 at 11:50am
What exactly is your style? What brands of things do you wear? I'm really interested in finding a match now.post #9 of 334/2/11 at 11:53amThread StarterQuote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.
post #10 of 334/2/11 at 11:54amThere is a full range of headphones, from sounding really bad to really good as we all know. Looks are subjective; a pair of phones will look good to someone but bad to someone else. Therefore, there are good looking headphones out there that sound good!post #11 of 334/2/11 at 11:55am
Then Dr. Dre Beats might be the only one for you. The definition of 'hip' is to be mainstream, regardless of if the mainstream products are good or not.
Quote:post #12 of 334/2/11 at 11:57am
If you like any of the Beyerdynamic DT series you can get them custom colored to your liking with Manufaktor.
Quote:post #13 of 334/2/11 at 12:01pm
Try the Audio Technica on-ear portables.
ESW9 and ES10, I think.Quote:post #14 of 334/2/11 at 12:03pm
I totally forgot about the ESW9s. I LOVE those headphones...They look so good.Quote:post #15 of 334/2/11 at 12:05pmThread Starter
Yeah those are not bad at all! Look good too. But still, very few of such headphones that offer color and sound in one package (my opinion).Quote:
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 left cup stopped working 1 minute ago
- › I need help choosing headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Help finding the right cans for people with Tinnitus 4 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)