I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/4/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/4/11
- productSony MDR1-Q010 Qualia 010tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Superlux HD681? Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?post #1 of 334/2/11 at 10:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 334/2/11 at 10:31am
Really depends on your "fashion" sense. A lot of the older-styled headphones (Panasonics and Grados) are very much in fashion right now. At least in New York, vintage English Countryside (Barbour, tweed, etc) are super stylish and vintage Hi-Fi matches perfectly. Heck, look at any J-Crew catalog and tell me that a silver 325i wouldn't match perfectly with the drastically overpriced Belstaff jackets they're selling.
Quote:post #3 of 334/2/11 at 10:32ampost #4 of 334/2/11 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #5 of 334/2/11 at 10:39ampost #6 of 334/2/11 at 10:41amThread StarterQuote:
Oooh they sound gooood, look good too but all in black
Edited by jonoh248 - 4/2/11 at 11:00ampost #7 of 334/2/11 at 10:41ampost #8 of 334/2/11 at 11:50am
What exactly is your style? What brands of things do you wear? I'm really interested in finding a match now.post #9 of 334/2/11 at 11:53amThread StarterQuote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.
post #10 of 334/2/11 at 11:54amThere is a full range of headphones, from sounding really bad to really good as we all know. Looks are subjective; a pair of phones will look good to someone but bad to someone else. Therefore, there are good looking headphones out there that sound good!post #11 of 334/2/11 at 11:55am
Then Dr. Dre Beats might be the only one for you. The definition of 'hip' is to be mainstream, regardless of if the mainstream products are good or not.
Quote:post #12 of 334/2/11 at 11:57am
If you like any of the Beyerdynamic DT series you can get them custom colored to your liking with Manufaktor.
Quote:post #13 of 334/2/11 at 12:01pm
Try the Audio Technica on-ear portables.
ESW9 and ES10, I think.Quote:post #14 of 334/2/11 at 12:03pm
I totally forgot about the ESW9s. I LOVE those headphones...They look so good.Quote:post #15 of 334/2/11 at 12:05pmThread Starter
Yeah those are not bad at all! Look good too. But still, very few of such headphones that offer color and sound in one package (my opinion).Quote:
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 1 second ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)