I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/4/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/4/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/4/11
- productSony MDR1-Q010 Qualia 010tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Superlux HD681? Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 10/12/15 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Arcam of Cambridge for including me in the UK tour in exchange for my honest opinion.IntroductionThe more I look at the audio industry, the more amazed I am at the number of...
Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?post #1 of 364/2/11 at 10:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 364/2/11 at 10:31am
Really depends on your "fashion" sense. A lot of the older-styled headphones (Panasonics and Grados) are very much in fashion right now. At least in New York, vintage English Countryside (Barbour, tweed, etc) are super stylish and vintage Hi-Fi matches perfectly. Heck, look at any J-Crew catalog and tell me that a silver 325i wouldn't match perfectly with the drastically overpriced Belstaff jackets they're selling.
Quote:post #3 of 364/2/11 at 10:32ampost #4 of 364/2/11 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #5 of 364/2/11 at 10:39ampost #6 of 364/2/11 at 10:41amThread StarterQuote:
Oooh they sound gooood, look good too but all in black
Edited by jonoh248 - 4/2/11 at 11:00ampost #7 of 364/2/11 at 10:41ampost #8 of 364/2/11 at 11:50am
What exactly is your style? What brands of things do you wear? I'm really interested in finding a match now.post #9 of 364/2/11 at 11:53amThread StarterQuote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.
post #10 of 364/2/11 at 11:54amThere is a full range of headphones, from sounding really bad to really good as we all know. Looks are subjective; a pair of phones will look good to someone but bad to someone else. Therefore, there are good looking headphones out there that sound good!post #11 of 364/2/11 at 11:55am
Then Dr. Dre Beats might be the only one for you. The definition of 'hip' is to be mainstream, regardless of if the mainstream products are good or not.
Quote:post #12 of 364/2/11 at 11:57am
If you like any of the Beyerdynamic DT series you can get them custom colored to your liking with Manufaktor.
Quote:post #13 of 364/2/11 at 12:01pm
Try the Audio Technica on-ear portables.
ESW9 and ES10, I think.Quote:post #14 of 364/2/11 at 12:03pm
I totally forgot about the ESW9s. I LOVE those headphones...They look so good.Quote:post #15 of 364/2/11 at 12:05pmThread Starter
Yeah those are not bad at all! Look good too. But still, very few of such headphones that offer color and sound in one package (my opinion).Quote:
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sports jackets was for sports 8 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...