The SR009 may gonna be the best headphone around and it has the reputation of being clearer than already very clear sounding sr007. I am intending to purchase it from pricejapan as it has the most reasonable pricing among all online stores known to me. Or should I wait for more impression and opinions before the purchase?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't think so, the sr009 will be a "normal" production model, so the price will go down in a few years.
I don't think you can count the SR009 as being a "free lunch" when it has that price tag.
Either way, I hope it does lose some bass and musicality to the 007 because I think that's what I'm sticking to.
Don't count on it. That's what people said about the HD800 too, to which I had responded if anything it will go up, which it has.
Again, I will say the same thing here. With the SR-009, if anything it will go up in price eventually.
That's what happens when the dollar keeps falling.
Yes I am gonna keep the 727 as it perform far above the stock 727, compared them side by side
If you have the funds, go for it! I can't imagine your supercharged 727 having a hard time driving ...
Moreover, you won't even take a hit, should you decide to sell it, there's little to loose!
Edited by arnaud - 4/2/11 at 10:12pm
On the other hand, one of these and a high-end amp will run you close to $10,000.
That's high-end speaker territory. Have you looked into speakers? I think you should. As the Headphone Price War kicked off a couple years ago, I decided to get out. In my opinion, speakers begin to surpass headphones around $1,000. No, not every $1,000+ speaker will, but the good ones around that level are better.
Ask yourself why you're into the audiophile game. If you're in it to maximize your listening experience, then speakers might be the more cost-effective choice.
- Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 20 seconds ago
- › SoCal TOTL Electrostatic Festival at The Source AV, Sat Feb 25 11-6 32 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 58 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 1.0 Dimensions? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear