The SR009 may gonna be the best headphone around and it has the reputation of being clearer than already very clear sounding sr007. I am intending to purchase it from pricejapan as it has the most reasonable pricing among all online stores known to me. Or should I wait for more impression and opinions before the purchase?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- New York Audio Show 2014 Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro Last post on Today at 12:14 am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- **Flagship HP Mini Review** Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Delivery times, BHSE, Cavalli LL Mk2, EC Electra, Woo WES and "customer service". Last post on 7/13/14 at 7:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't think so, the sr009 will be a "normal" production model, so the price will go down in a few years.
Don't count on it. That's what people said about the HD800 too, to which I had responded if anything it will go up, which it has.
Again, I will say the same thing here. With the SR-009, if anything it will go up in price eventually.
That's what happens when the dollar keeps falling.
Yes I am gonna keep the 727 as it perform far above the stock 727, compared them side by side
If you have the funds, go for it! I can't imagine your supercharged 727 having a hard time driving ...
Moreover, you won't even take a hit, should you decide to sell it, there's little to loose!
Edited by arnaud - 4/2/11 at 10:12pm
On the other hand, one of these and a high-end amp will run you close to $10,000.
That's high-end speaker territory. Have you looked into speakers? I think you should. As the Headphone Price War kicked off a couple years ago, I decided to get out. In my opinion, speakers begin to surpass headphones around $1,000. No, not every $1,000+ speaker will, but the good ones around that level are better.
Ask yourself why you're into the audiophile game. If you're in it to maximize your listening experience, then speakers might be the more cost-effective choice.
- Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 18 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 23 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 26 seconds ago
- › Are audioengines the best 'well known' computer speakers? 47 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 55 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NW-ZX1 FLAC lossless DSD player 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)