The SR009 may gonna be the best headphone around and it has the reputation of being clearer than already very clear sounding sr007. I am intending to purchase it from pricejapan as it has the most reasonable pricing among all online stores known to me. Or should I wait for more impression and opinions before the purchase?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 3/7/14 at 12:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:57am in High-end Audio Forum
- How many pairs of Headphones did you purchase before you found "The one"? Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 2/10/14 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Going from Sennheiser HD800 to Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:25am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?post #1 of 1514/2/11 at 2:41amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1514/2/11 at 3:47ampost #3 of 1514/2/11 at 4:18ampost #4 of 1514/2/11 at 4:18ampost #5 of 1514/2/11 at 6:50ampost #6 of 1514/2/11 at 8:44ampost #7 of 1514/2/11 at 8:50am
I don't think so, the sr009 will be a "normal" production model, so the price will go down in a few years.post #8 of 1514/2/11 at 9:16ampost #9 of 1514/2/11 at 12:56pmpost #10 of 1514/2/11 at 2:12pmQuote:
Don't count on it. That's what people said about the HD800 too, to which I had responded if anything it will go up, which it has.
Again, I will say the same thing here. With the SR-009, if anything it will go up in price eventually.
That's what happens when the dollar keeps falling.post #11 of 1514/2/11 at 8:40pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes I am gonna keep the 727 as it perform far above the stock 727, compared them side by sidepost #12 of 1514/2/11 at 10:09pmQuote:
If you have the funds, go for it! I can't imagine your supercharged 727 having a hard time driving ...
Moreover, you won't even take a hit, should you decide to sell it, there's little to loose!
Edited by arnaud - 4/2/11 at 10:12pmpost #13 of 1514/2/11 at 10:10pmI'll wait until the FOTM phase is over and get a used pair for a few hundred.
On the other hand, one of these and a high-end amp will run you close to $10,000.
That's high-end speaker territory. Have you looked into speakers? I think you should. As the Headphone Price War kicked off a couple years ago, I decided to get out. In my opinion, speakers begin to surpass headphones around $1,000. No, not every $1,000+ speaker will, but the good ones around that level are better.
Ask yourself why you're into the audiophile game. If you're in it to maximize your listening experience, then speakers might be the more cost-effective choice.post #14 of 1514/2/11 at 10:52pm
- Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 14 seconds ago
- › [For Sale] Bowers & Wilkins B&W P7 47 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR 1R = Best Closed Back at $200? 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude