The SR009 may gonna be the best headphone around and it has the reputation of being clearer than already very clear sounding sr007. I am intending to purchase it from pricejapan as it has the most reasonable pricing among all online stores known to me. Or should I wait for more impression and opinions before the purchase?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'e done my due diligence so far......... Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm new at all this and not a sophisticated audiophile... Last post on 11/9/13 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience... Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:21am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: Yesterday
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?post #1 of 1514/2/11 at 2:41amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1514/2/11 at 3:47ampost #3 of 1514/2/11 at 4:18ampost #4 of 1514/2/11 at 4:18ampost #5 of 1514/2/11 at 6:50ampost #6 of 1514/2/11 at 8:44ampost #7 of 1514/2/11 at 8:50ampost #8 of 1514/2/11 at 9:16ampost #9 of 1514/2/11 at 12:56pmpost #10 of 1514/2/11 at 2:12pmQuote:
Don't count on it. That's what people said about the HD800 too, to which I had responded if anything it will go up, which it has.
Again, I will say the same thing here. With the SR-009, if anything it will go up in price eventually.
That's what happens when the dollar keeps falling.post #11 of 1514/2/11 at 8:40pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes I am gonna keep the 727 as it perform far above the stock 727, compared them side by sidepost #12 of 1514/2/11 at 10:09pmQuote:
If you have the funds, go for it! I can't imagine your supercharged 727 having a hard time driving ...
Moreover, you won't even take a hit, should you decide to sell it, there's little to loose!
Edited by arnaud - 4/2/11 at 10:12pmpost #13 of 1514/2/11 at 10:10pmI'll wait until the FOTM phase is over and get a used pair for a few hundred.
On the other hand, one of these and a high-end amp will run you close to $10,000.
That's high-end speaker territory. Have you looked into speakers? I think you should. As the Headphone Price War kicked off a couple years ago, I decided to get out. In my opinion, speakers begin to surpass headphones around $1,000. No, not every $1,000+ speaker will, but the good ones around that level are better.
Ask yourself why you're into the audiophile game. If you're in it to maximize your listening experience, then speakers might be the more cost-effective choice.post #14 of 1514/2/11 at 10:52pm
- Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 17 seconds ago
- › RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07 34 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 49 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 1 minute ago
- › Beats by Dre Solo HD vs. Bose QuietComfort 15 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi