The SR009 may gonna be the best headphone around and it has the reputation of being clearer than already very clear sounding sr007. I am intending to purchase it from pricejapan as it has the most reasonable pricing among all online stores known to me. Or should I wait for more impression and opinions before the purchase?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Delivery times, BHSE, Cavalli LL Mk2, EC Electra, Woo WES and "customer service". Last post on 7/13/14 at 7:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best used amp for STAX 009s - SRM-006t vs SRM-323s Last post on 5/11/14 at 7:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Survey - how much money would you pay for a headphone setup that is guaranteed to be the best out... Last post on 4/21/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009,boxed MINT Condition..USA Only Last post on 4/16/14 at 4:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't think so, the sr009 will be a "normal" production model, so the price will go down in a few years.
Don't count on it. That's what people said about the HD800 too, to which I had responded if anything it will go up, which it has.
Again, I will say the same thing here. With the SR-009, if anything it will go up in price eventually.
That's what happens when the dollar keeps falling.
Yes I am gonna keep the 727 as it perform far above the stock 727, compared them side by side
If you have the funds, go for it! I can't imagine your supercharged 727 having a hard time driving ...
Moreover, you won't even take a hit, should you decide to sell it, there's little to loose!
Edited by arnaud - 4/2/11 at 10:12pm
On the other hand, one of these and a high-end amp will run you close to $10,000.
That's high-end speaker territory. Have you looked into speakers? I think you should. As the Headphone Price War kicked off a couple years ago, I decided to get out. In my opinion, speakers begin to surpass headphones around $1,000. No, not every $1,000+ speaker will, but the good ones around that level are better.
Ask yourself why you're into the audiophile game. If you're in it to maximize your listening experience, then speakers might be the more cost-effective choice.
- Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) just now
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 26 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Gold 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 vs Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for directional accuracy 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)