I just got a pair and the cables way too long. I need to shorten it and i dont rly no how to go about this. can you just cut and solder? ty so much!
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
just cut, strip, and solder on a new plug
The only thing to worry about is the fact that the wires may be coated with enamel which will have to be burned off somehow.
Depends on either the plug is irreversible connected like a lot of original ones or you can disassemble the plug..
I'm waiting for my ATH-M50s and I'm looking for a method to shorten the cable as well. I'd love to have a female 3.5 plug so I could just plug any lenght of cable I need at any specific moment.
However I'm concerned about loosing any sound quality because of that.
Has anyone done it before?, how many wires are inside the main cable?, I'm guessing only three so it should be a pretty easu job.
- How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread 4 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 36 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 1 minute ago
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 2 minutes ago
- › S5 Review by EricP 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP need to be capable of the same frequency response as... 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD650 paired up with iFi Micro iDSD 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)