I just got a pair and the cables way too long. I need to shorten it and i dont rly no how to go about this. can you just cut and solder? ty so much!
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
just cut, strip, and solder on a new plug
The only thing to worry about is the fact that the wires may be coated with enamel which will have to be burned off somehow.
Depends on either the plug is irreversible connected like a lot of original ones or you can disassemble the plug..
I'm waiting for my ATH-M50s and I'm looking for a method to shorten the cable as well. I'd love to have a female 3.5 plug so I could just plug any lenght of cable I need at any specific moment.
However I'm concerned about loosing any sound quality because of that.
Has anyone done it before?, how many wires are inside the main cable?, I'm guessing only three so it should be a pretty easu job.
- How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 second ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 15 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs Element 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for to buy some IEM/Headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)