I just got a pair and the cables way too long. I need to shorten it and i dont rly no how to go about this. can you just cut and solder? ty so much!
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
just cut, strip, and solder on a new plug
The only thing to worry about is the fact that the wires may be coated with enamel which will have to be burned off somehow.
Depends on either the plug is irreversible connected like a lot of original ones or you can disassemble the plug..
I'm waiting for my ATH-M50s and I'm looking for a method to shorten the cable as well. I'd love to have a female 3.5 plug so I could just plug any lenght of cable I need at any specific moment.
However I'm concerned about loosing any sound quality because of that.
Has anyone done it before?, how many wires are inside the main cable?, I'm guessing only three so it should be a pretty easu job.
- How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout 49 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › JohnBlue JB3 full range single driver desktop speakers REDUCED 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Sony A17 portable music player 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2