I just got a pair and the cables way too long. I need to shorten it and i dont rly no how to go about this. can you just cut and solder? ty so much!
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
just cut, strip, and solder on a new plug
The only thing to worry about is the fact that the wires may be coated with enamel which will have to be burned off somehow.
Depends on either the plug is irreversible connected like a lot of original ones or you can disassemble the plug..
I'm waiting for my ATH-M50s and I'm looking for a method to shorten the cable as well. I'd love to have a female 3.5 plug so I could just plug any lenght of cable I need at any specific moment.
However I'm concerned about loosing any sound quality because of that.
Has anyone done it before?, how many wires are inside the main cable?, I'm guessing only three so it should be a pretty easu job.
- How to shorten the cable on Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 9 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › EP-FX8 Tip Stuck In My Ear Canal- The Importance of the Correct tip... 6 minutes ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 6 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2