Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions - Page 3  

post #31 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post




x2 I just jumped in!

Sleek told me that they provide free shipping and what's more you get artwork for free

 


 

Shipping and artwork are both free for a fee of $199.99

post #32 of 303

It's no coincidence surely that this was published on APRIL 1.


Edited by Kees - 4/1/11 at 7:44am
post #33 of 303

Here is a link to one of our first video reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDm1rSKNURs 

post #34 of 303

wow. this is freaking crazy.

the sound would probably be mind blowing.

looking forward to trying one of this myself.

 

edit: just realised the thread was started today, April 1st.

post #35 of 303

this got me for a sec till I sip a cup of coffee ;)


 

post #36 of 303

I just got my yesterday ,they were limited edition ,only 50 units produced and cost 2k more. (The special edition sound even more impressiv than the demo ,I tried few weeks ago )

The sound out of these mega earphones out of Ipod shuffle blown my HE90 combo +DCS DAC+ + jps aluminata cable,power cord  away.

 

For once in your life you have to hear them before you die,trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Edited by coolcat - 4/1/11 at 7:47am
post #37 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

UERM proves that 3 drivers is plenty for reference quality audio, after that you are just buying impact.  This product seems like a real gimmick but I'm sure someones probably still  going to buy it.  Personally I would like to see the reliability of 20 drivers - better hope their quality control is crazy good.  180 Ohms/130dB... would a personal monitoring receiver be capable of driving this?

 

 

I'm thinking this as well. Something about 20 drivers just seems far gimmicky to me. I am highly skeptic that they needed 20 drivers, or even 10 to achieve the quality of sound they have. Also at a $8,000 price tag and with the impedance, I'm not sure who these are marketed for. 

post #38 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C View Post




 

Shipping and artwork are both free for a fee of $199.99



$8,000 headphones don't include shipping and customization? Now that has to be an April Fools.

post #39 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post





$8,000 headphones don't include shipping and customization? Now that has to be an April Fools.

I had mine for free

I just got on the phone with Sleek and they said because Andrew C was fifth in que he had to pay. First three CT20 were artwork and shipping free of charge

 


Edited by piotrus-g - 4/1/11 at 8:06am
post #40 of 303

i want it to be real, but i'm guessing its a publicity stunt.  also, don't you think there would be more in depth closeup pics?  i'm willing to be that theres a max of 12 drivers stuffed in there, just judging from the pics

 

also, the sale ended last night for the special price wink.gif

 

"driver number 20 emits a frequency that acts as an aphrodisiac, for a truly invigorating audio experience." biggrin.gif

 

this screams april fools to me

post #41 of 303

i only count about 9-10 drivers.... but its so crowded in each ear piece.  8k? they have to be making like 90 percent profit on this thing if its that much.  20 drivers? really?  all the makings for a good april fools

post #42 of 303

I already ordered mine  beerchug.gif

post #43 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

i only count about 9-10 drivers.... but its so crowded in each ear piece.  8k? they have to be making like 90 percent profit on this thing if its that much.  20 drivers? really?  all the makings for a good april fools



In each earphone there are 10 dual drivers


Edited by Andrew C - 4/1/11 at 8:14am
post #44 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkultra View Post

i want it to be real, but i'm guessing its a publicity stunt.  also, don't you think there would be more in depth closeup pics?  i'm willing to be that theres a max of 12 drivers stuffed in there, just judging from the pics

 

also, the sale ended last night for the special price wink.gif

 

"driver number 20 emits a frequency that acts as an aphrodisiac, for a truly invigorating audio experience." biggrin.gif

 

this screams april fools to me

 

They put 10 SA7's dual-drivers in one piece to look like real.

FYI you can't use coil in IEMs' crossover. Hope this helps all who hasn't noticed the date.
 

 

post #45 of 303

Mwahaha XD

Dang *sadface and goes to sulk in a corner*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions