i have these headphones for 10 months now and just recently i started to hear degradation in sound , they are not as richful and fullbodied as they been 1 month ago and some high sounds become harsh just like old blown up speaker i opened them up but they look like new, earpads are little squashed and i know that i pull cable few times acidently or step on it but i never pulled it out of headphones , i think maybee cable or velour pads need replacement , can anybody help ? Thank You
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 monthspost #1 of 74/1/11 at 2:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/1/11 at 8:28am
Have you tried them in a different source/amp? Headphones, if cared for, can and do last decades. It seems more likely that their is a problem with your source amp. Electronic components are much more prone to failure and have a shorter lifespan than hp drivers typically.post #3 of 74/1/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
thank you cswann1 for quick respond , last four hours i tried to listen to them directly from cd player, pc and trough both outs on headamp
and its same, but when i pull them apart with my hands few milimeters from my ears i get that sound i like on them again so it has to be earpads i hope , mids are same but lows are much muddier and higs are more harsh but when i pull them apart a little they get back to normal clean and rich , i am ordering new earpads now hope that will help , thank you cswann1 one more time
ninonipost #4 of 74/1/11 at 9:19am
OK I'm glad it's not your electronics. The distance of the drivers from your ears can have a significant effect on the overall sound.
If you're ear pads are worn and flattened then new ones should fix the issue.
I see you are in Croatia. My favorite classical guitarist is Croatian, I'm sure you know who I mean. She does Asturias like no other guitarist ever has, even better than Segovia and Williams in my opinion.post #5 of 74/1/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #6 of 74/1/11 at 9:32am
Ana is absolutely phenomenal. I had the great pleasure of seeing her perform at the Guitar Foundation of America 2010 Conference and Competition in Austin last year. She conveys such emotion through her playing while maintaining the precision of a Swiss watch. If ever she is within a days drive of my home I'll be seeing her again.post #7 of 74/1/11 at 9:49amThread Starter
I cleaned earpads and unsquashed them with my fingers and then leaved them on fresh air for whole day , they are like new again and thick but sound is still very grainy in in mid highs and highs and harsh sound can be heard on hihats , cymbals and some guitar sounds , while bass and vocals are great. Could it be cable ? anyone had similar problems , and it was bc of the cable ?
I send mail to sennhaiser support about it couse i dont have any senn. service in my country.
Hope they find solution.
Edited by ninoni - 4/5/11 at 2:22am
- sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 months
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 6 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 32 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 for directional accuracy? 33 seconds ago
- › [Review] Tralucent Audio: Ref 1 51 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 53 seconds ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How do I hook up two active monitors to subwoofer without sound card? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)