i have these headphones for 10 months now and just recently i started to hear degradation in sound , they are not as richful and fullbodied as they been 1 month ago and some high sounds become harsh just like old blown up speaker i opened them up but they look like new, earpads are little squashed and i know that i pull cable few times acidently or step on it but i never pulled it out of headphones , i think maybee cable or velour pads need replacement , can anybody help ? Thank You
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 monthspost #1 of 74/1/11 at 2:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/1/11 at 8:28am
Have you tried them in a different source/amp? Headphones, if cared for, can and do last decades. It seems more likely that their is a problem with your source amp. Electronic components are much more prone to failure and have a shorter lifespan than hp drivers typically.post #3 of 74/1/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
thank you cswann1 for quick respond , last four hours i tried to listen to them directly from cd player, pc and trough both outs on headamp
and its same, but when i pull them apart with my hands few milimeters from my ears i get that sound i like on them again so it has to be earpads i hope , mids are same but lows are much muddier and higs are more harsh but when i pull them apart a little they get back to normal clean and rich , i am ordering new earpads now hope that will help , thank you cswann1 one more time
ninonipost #4 of 74/1/11 at 9:19am
OK I'm glad it's not your electronics. The distance of the drivers from your ears can have a significant effect on the overall sound.
If you're ear pads are worn and flattened then new ones should fix the issue.
I see you are in Croatia. My favorite classical guitarist is Croatian, I'm sure you know who I mean. She does Asturias like no other guitarist ever has, even better than Segovia and Williams in my opinion.post #5 of 74/1/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #6 of 74/1/11 at 9:32am
Ana is absolutely phenomenal. I had the great pleasure of seeing her perform at the Guitar Foundation of America 2010 Conference and Competition in Austin last year. She conveys such emotion through her playing while maintaining the precision of a Swiss watch. If ever she is within a days drive of my home I'll be seeing her again.post #7 of 74/1/11 at 9:49amThread Starter
I cleaned earpads and unsquashed them with my fingers and then leaved them on fresh air for whole day , they are like new again and thick but sound is still very grainy in in mid highs and highs and harsh sound can be heard on hihats , cymbals and some guitar sounds , while bass and vocals are great. Could it be cable ? anyone had similar problems , and it was bc of the cable ?
I send mail to sennhaiser support about it couse i dont have any senn. service in my country.
Hope they find solution.
Edited by ninoni - 4/5/11 at 2:22am
- sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 months
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 26 seconds ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 28 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 34 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 59 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 2 minutes ago
- › Heir 4.ai 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar Essence ST 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude