i have these headphones for 10 months now and just recently i started to hear degradation in sound , they are not as richful and fullbodied as they been 1 month ago and some high sounds become harsh just like old blown up speaker i opened them up but they look like new, earpads are little squashed and i know that i pull cable few times acidently or step on it but i never pulled it out of headphones , i think maybee cable or velour pads need replacement , can anybody help ? Thank You
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction First of all thanks to DUNU for facilitating me to carry out this review. With the introduction of the DUNU DN-1000, DUNU quickly established themselves as a primetime...
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 monthspost #1 of 74/1/11 at 2:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/1/11 at 8:28am
Have you tried them in a different source/amp? Headphones, if cared for, can and do last decades. It seems more likely that their is a problem with your source amp. Electronic components are much more prone to failure and have a shorter lifespan than hp drivers typically.post #3 of 74/1/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
thank you cswann1 for quick respond , last four hours i tried to listen to them directly from cd player, pc and trough both outs on headamp
and its same, but when i pull them apart with my hands few milimeters from my ears i get that sound i like on them again so it has to be earpads i hope , mids are same but lows are much muddier and higs are more harsh but when i pull them apart a little they get back to normal clean and rich , i am ordering new earpads now hope that will help , thank you cswann1 one more time
ninonipost #4 of 74/1/11 at 9:19am
OK I'm glad it's not your electronics. The distance of the drivers from your ears can have a significant effect on the overall sound.
If you're ear pads are worn and flattened then new ones should fix the issue.
I see you are in Croatia. My favorite classical guitarist is Croatian, I'm sure you know who I mean. She does Asturias like no other guitarist ever has, even better than Segovia and Williams in my opinion.post #5 of 74/1/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #6 of 74/1/11 at 9:32am
Ana is absolutely phenomenal. I had the great pleasure of seeing her perform at the Guitar Foundation of America 2010 Conference and Competition in Austin last year. She conveys such emotion through her playing while maintaining the precision of a Swiss watch. If ever she is within a days drive of my home I'll be seeing her again.post #7 of 74/1/11 at 9:49amThread Starter
I cleaned earpads and unsquashed them with my fingers and then leaved them on fresh air for whole day , they are like new again and thick but sound is still very grainy in in mid highs and highs and harsh sound can be heard on hihats , cymbals and some guitar sounds , while bass and vocals are great. Could it be cable ? anyone had similar problems , and it was bc of the cable ?
I send mail to sennhaiser support about it couse i dont have any senn. service in my country.
Hope they find solution.
Edited by ninoni - 4/5/11 at 2:22am
- sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 months
- Headphone Impedance
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 19 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 33 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV music player ( impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr and Bifrost USB 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 8 minutes ago
- › wireless exercise headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)