i have these headphones for 10 months now and just recently i started to hear degradation in sound , they are not as richful and fullbodied as they been 1 month ago and some high sounds become harsh just like old blown up speaker i opened them up but they look like new, earpads are little squashed and i know that i pull cable few times acidently or step on it but i never pulled it out of headphones , i think maybee cable or velour pads need replacement , can anybody help ? Thank You
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 monthspost #1 of 74/1/11 at 2:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/1/11 at 8:28am
Have you tried them in a different source/amp? Headphones, if cared for, can and do last decades. It seems more likely that their is a problem with your source amp. Electronic components are much more prone to failure and have a shorter lifespan than hp drivers typically.post #3 of 74/1/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
thank you cswann1 for quick respond , last four hours i tried to listen to them directly from cd player, pc and trough both outs on headamp
and its same, but when i pull them apart with my hands few milimeters from my ears i get that sound i like on them again so it has to be earpads i hope , mids are same but lows are much muddier and higs are more harsh but when i pull them apart a little they get back to normal clean and rich , i am ordering new earpads now hope that will help , thank you cswann1 one more time
ninonipost #4 of 74/1/11 at 9:19am
OK I'm glad it's not your electronics. The distance of the drivers from your ears can have a significant effect on the overall sound.
If you're ear pads are worn and flattened then new ones should fix the issue.
I see you are in Croatia. My favorite classical guitarist is Croatian, I'm sure you know who I mean. She does Asturias like no other guitarist ever has, even better than Segovia and Williams in my opinion.post #5 of 74/1/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #6 of 74/1/11 at 9:32am
Ana is absolutely phenomenal. I had the great pleasure of seeing her perform at the Guitar Foundation of America 2010 Conference and Competition in Austin last year. She conveys such emotion through her playing while maintaining the precision of a Swiss watch. If ever she is within a days drive of my home I'll be seeing her again.post #7 of 74/1/11 at 9:49amThread Starter
I cleaned earpads and unsquashed them with my fingers and then leaved them on fresh air for whole day , they are like new again and thick but sound is still very grainy in in mid highs and highs and harsh sound can be heard on hihats , cymbals and some guitar sounds , while bass and vocals are great. Could it be cable ? anyone had similar problems , and it was bc of the cable ?
I send mail to sennhaiser support about it couse i dont have any senn. service in my country.
Hope they find solution.
Edited by ninoni - 4/5/11 at 2:22am
- sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 months
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › iDAC2. iFi will Rock you Mac World! (page 34) 56 seconds ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser presents: RESHAPING EXCELLENCE [Thurs., August 27, 2015... 2 minutes ago
- › The Headphone Driver Pics Thread 3 minutes ago
- › (HP Recommendation) Closed-Back Headphones Under 300€ With Special... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 5 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2