i have these headphones for 10 months now and just recently i started to hear degradation in sound , they are not as richful and fullbodied as they been 1 month ago and some high sounds become harsh just like old blown up speaker i opened them up but they look like new, earpads are little squashed and i know that i pull cable few times acidently or step on it but i never pulled it out of headphones , i think maybee cable or velour pads need replacement , can anybody help ? Thank You
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 monthspost #1 of 74/1/11 at 2:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/1/11 at 8:28am
Have you tried them in a different source/amp? Headphones, if cared for, can and do last decades. It seems more likely that their is a problem with your source amp. Electronic components are much more prone to failure and have a shorter lifespan than hp drivers typically.post #3 of 74/1/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
thank you cswann1 for quick respond , last four hours i tried to listen to them directly from cd player, pc and trough both outs on headamp
and its same, but when i pull them apart with my hands few milimeters from my ears i get that sound i like on them again so it has to be earpads i hope , mids are same but lows are much muddier and higs are more harsh but when i pull them apart a little they get back to normal clean and rich , i am ordering new earpads now hope that will help , thank you cswann1 one more time
ninonipost #4 of 74/1/11 at 9:19am
OK I'm glad it's not your electronics. The distance of the drivers from your ears can have a significant effect on the overall sound.
If you're ear pads are worn and flattened then new ones should fix the issue.
I see you are in Croatia. My favorite classical guitarist is Croatian, I'm sure you know who I mean. She does Asturias like no other guitarist ever has, even better than Segovia and Williams in my opinion.post #5 of 74/1/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #6 of 74/1/11 at 9:32am
Ana is absolutely phenomenal. I had the great pleasure of seeing her perform at the Guitar Foundation of America 2010 Conference and Competition in Austin last year. She conveys such emotion through her playing while maintaining the precision of a Swiss watch. If ever she is within a days drive of my home I'll be seeing her again.post #7 of 74/1/11 at 9:49amThread Starter
I cleaned earpads and unsquashed them with my fingers and then leaved them on fresh air for whole day , they are like new again and thick but sound is still very grainy in in mid highs and highs and harsh sound can be heard on hihats , cymbals and some guitar sounds , while bass and vocals are great. Could it be cable ? anyone had similar problems , and it was bc of the cable ?
I send mail to sennhaiser support about it couse i dont have any senn. service in my country.
Hope they find solution.
Edited by ninoni - 4/5/11 at 2:22am
- sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 months
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphone Stand Picture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 8 minutes ago
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2