Hello fellow Head-fi'ers. I am at it again. I bought a pair of HD650's (on a thread here somewhere) a month ago that are currently paired with a Maverick Audio D1 DAC/AMP with an upgraded preamp tube (looking into upgrading the OP-AMP) and I'm looking to go with tubes this time around. I'm looking at a $500-600 budget for an American made amp (preferably, I like to support fellow Americans, not China).
(Preferably something that's capable of future tube upgrades.)
I'm looking for strictly highest quality sound output with highest quality components. I'm not decided on OTL or whatever, so educate me.
I'm currently looking at:
- Schiit's Lyr (able to upgrade)
- Schiit's Valhalla (not too sure about)
- Woo Audio's WA3 (like it)
- Woo Audio's WA6 (like it more)
- Little Dot MK IV SE (I know, not American)
- Tube (perhaps OTL, idk because I'm still looking for direction)
- $500-600 budget
- Must match extremely well with HD650's (maybe AKG 702's or something if I purchase them down the road...)
- high quality components
- high quality sound
- I want something that dazzles me...
(just got the woo audio double headphone stand...sick...)