- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie needs help finding circumaurals Last post on 7/31/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Things that make you SMILE Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.post #1 of 683/29/11 at 1:11pmThread StarterDoes the green look good in person? Are the cups metal? Are both cables it comes with in green? Can you post a few good pictures? Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 683/29/11 at 2:56pmI do not own them, but I tried them at a store. The salesman said that both cables are in lime green. I said they're ugly, but he argued it's the best looking headphone yet (especially all green).
I think the cups are made of plastic, but I'm not 100% sure. Metal would weigh too much.post #3 of 683/29/11 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #4 of 683/30/11 at 8:09pmpost #5 of 683/30/11 at 8:38pmThread StarterCan someone please put up some good pictures of green version? I am itching to get one, but still a little on the fence with the green. Perhaps a white one? Real pictures would be nice.post #6 of 683/30/11 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 683/30/11 at 8:48pmThread Starterpost #8 of 683/31/11 at 1:29am
Your google-fu is weak, more images if you follow the link below the 2 photos I posted.
Edited by khaos974 - 3/31/11 at 1:31ampost #9 of 683/31/11 at 5:35ampost #10 of 683/31/11 at 10:03ampost #11 of 683/31/11 at 11:45ampost #12 of 683/31/11 at 12:25pmpost #13 of 683/31/11 at 4:11pmThread StarterWhen and saw the White one in person today. The earpads seems to be softer than the K702 and there is a soft mesh over the drivers. I remember the K702 didn't have that nice soft mesh screen. Am I wrong?post #14 of 683/31/11 at 6:18pm
Thanks for the laugh rhythmdevils. I've had a pretty bad day today....and your post was just what I need.post #15 of 683/31/11 at 6:31pmQuote:
No problem buddy! It's a quite serious matter though because if the Q701 makes Quincy's mixes, as he said, sound like he always wanted them to sound, then the stereo image must be reversed, so all these years we've been listening to his recordings with L/R backwards!
I wonder if that's a common problem for recording engineers- mixing up L and R. Maybe he's color blind or something and put the RCA jacks on the wrong way.
- AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Koss Dynamic 10 (Auditor) 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 10 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...