- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie needs help finding circumaurals Last post on 7/31/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Things that make you SMILE Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.post #1 of 683/29/11 at 1:11pmThread StarterDoes the green look good in person? Are the cups metal? Are both cables it comes with in green? Can you post a few good pictures? Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 683/29/11 at 2:56pmI do not own them, but I tried them at a store. The salesman said that both cables are in lime green. I said they're ugly, but he argued it's the best looking headphone yet (especially all green).
I think the cups are made of plastic, but I'm not 100% sure. Metal would weigh too much.post #3 of 683/29/11 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #4 of 683/30/11 at 8:09pmpost #5 of 683/30/11 at 8:38pmThread StarterCan someone please put up some good pictures of green version? I am itching to get one, but still a little on the fence with the green. Perhaps a white one? Real pictures would be nice.post #6 of 683/30/11 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 683/30/11 at 8:48pmThread Starterpost #8 of 683/31/11 at 1:29am
Your google-fu is weak, more images if you follow the link below the 2 photos I posted.
Edited by khaos974 - 3/31/11 at 1:31ampost #9 of 683/31/11 at 5:35ampost #10 of 683/31/11 at 10:03ampost #11 of 683/31/11 at 11:45ampost #12 of 683/31/11 at 12:25pmpost #13 of 683/31/11 at 4:11pmThread StarterWhen and saw the White one in person today. The earpads seems to be softer than the K702 and there is a soft mesh over the drivers. I remember the K702 didn't have that nice soft mesh screen. Am I wrong?post #14 of 683/31/11 at 6:18pm
Thanks for the laugh rhythmdevils. I've had a pretty bad day today....and your post was just what I need.post #15 of 683/31/11 at 6:31pmQuote:
No problem buddy! It's a quite serious matter though because if the Q701 makes Quincy's mixes, as he said, sound like he always wanted them to sound, then the stereo image must be reversed, so all these years we've been listening to his recordings with L/R backwards!
I wonder if that's a common problem for recording engineers- mixing up L and R. Maybe he's color blind or something and put the RCA jacks on the wrong way.
- AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Three Word Story 6 seconds ago
- › I need to remove audio from video files without losing quality 22 seconds ago
- › Upgrade options &Thoughts: higher bit rate vs balanced setup 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P9 (MINT) - price includes shipping 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO-PM2 headphones - inc. shipping 4 minutes ago
- › Testing Hi Res Audio for Upsampling 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear