Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iQube V1 + Westone UM3x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iQube V1 + Westone UM3x

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Have read the massive portable amps review and being a european im deciding to go with the iQube V1.


going with the V1 as i plan on getting a chypher labs solo in a couple months


Will be primarily using with my ipod/ipad, and UM3x's as i travel alot.

 

Looking forward to it coming! Anything else i should order at the same time?

 

Could someone kindly recommend a LOD cable? considering getting the qabes silvercable with a right angled jack but open to suggestions

 

Thanks

 

Jonni


Edited by Jonnip - 3/28/11 at 6:14pm
post #2 of 10

I don't think you need any other amp beside iQube. Its a really neat device, powerful and awesome battery life. The meier stepdance is another option but it cannot compete it terms of battery life (I'm not into buying or charging 9V battery every 2 days). Qables silvercab hybrid will be a very good match with the iQube. It is detailed with a touch of warmth because of the copper they use for return signal.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

hey you are from eindhoven??

You know i think that is where they are based. GUTTED i was there for a whole month last month for work!

 

I was staying at the Crown Eden, do you know it? I'm back there next month too!

 

Just about to place the order - i think i will be getting a s:flo2 to compliment it soon too - but will run it with the ipad/ipod for a bit and get used to it. like i said i travel an awful lot so i need awesome battery life and portability. I like the iPad as i use the eBooks etc.

 

Thanks

 

Jonni

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 

Well, Order placed!

I just spoke to (henk i think is his name) on the phone and what a nice guy!

 

purchased:

iQube V1 with rechargable batteries

SilverCab LOD

USB Charger cable

 

I know expensive LOD's are deemed a bit extravagant but I thought why not! Ill see how i get on with this cable and then i might get Qables to make up a longer one if its needed for the iPad.

 

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come! excited now i've taken the plunge finally. Thanks SKYLABS for the brilliant reviews thats what i based my purchase on.

 

Jonni

post #5 of 10

Yes, I'm from Eindhoven (or at least I work in Eindhoven). Congrats for your purchase! You will for sure enjoy the iQube. Qables interconnect is a bit expensive but they are one of the best interconnect you can find for ipod/iphone/ipad. Even whiplash audio sells them though they have their own interconnect.

 

Maybe another idea for an ipad setup, buy the camera connector, use the USB to feed a dac (I will use pico dac/amp, still in transit somewhere in hongkong). A lot of people praise the dac in pico, so it might be a huge improvement compared to ipad dac.

 

I know Crown Eden, its nearby the station. PM me if you want to meet for a drink or something :).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnip View Post

hey you are from eindhoven??

You know i think that is where they are based. GUTTED i was there for a whole month last month for work!

 

I was staying at the Crown Eden, do you know it? I'm back there next month too!

 

Just about to place the order - i think i will be getting a s:flo2 to compliment it soon too - but will run it with the ipad/ipod for a bit and get used to it. like i said i travel an awful lot so i need awesome battery life and portability. I like the iPad as i use the eBooks etc.

 

Thanks

 

Jonni



 

post #6 of 10

Btw, Hans' (is his name) office and show room is nearby Eindhoven (5 mins by car) so you might want to visit him as well.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnip View Post

Well, Order placed!

I just spoke to (henk i think is his name) on the phone and what a nice guy!

 

purchased:

iQube V1 with rechargable batteries

SilverCab LOD

USB Charger cable

 

I know expensive LOD's are deemed a bit extravagant but I thought why not! Ill see how i get on with this cable and then i might get Qables to make up a longer one if its needed for the iPad.

 

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come! excited now i've taken the plunge finally. Thanks SKYLABS for the brilliant reviews thats what i based my purchase on.

 

Jonni



 

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Doh.
Wish I knew that before. I would have gotten the V2 frown.gif

Dammit
post #8 of 10

I think you can always return the V1 or just give him a call. You might get lucky if he didn't send the V1 yet. Otherwise you can go to his office next month when you are in Eindhoven.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnip View Post

Doh.
Wish I knew that before. I would have gotten the V2 frown.gif

Dammit


 

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Its ok I wanted the SOLO actually because it will work with ipod as well smily_headphones1.gif

Now to find some decent headphones. Happy with the IEMs but think headphones may be more comfortable. Thinking MS-1 or SR60/80 but I need to research it somemore. One important thing fir me is that they don't disturb fellow passengers smily_headphones1.gif
post #10 of 10
You should try the HD25-1 II. Its really one of the best closed phones I've ever heard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iQube V1 + Westone UM3x