Beg to differ with my subjective opinion... balanced - HD-662F, best sounding - HD-681 with filter mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 6/14/16 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Superlux Express Train - Page 65post #961 of 12328/29/14 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 12328/29/14 at 10:28amQuote:
Never heard HD662F but what I have read it seems good for closed back and low budget. I would want to fully agree with you but I haven't heard HD662F. Modded HD681 is very good but lacks a bit airiness and nuances, sound quality is very good.post #963 of 12328/29/14 at 11:42ampost #964 of 12328/29/14 at 11:51ampost #965 of 12328/29/14 at 12:26pm
LOL it would have been a mess if they both had the same driver, which would have made every headphone related forum lively. :Ppost #966 of 12329/3/14 at 3:52pmpost #967 of 12329/4/14 at 12:09ampost #968 of 12329/4/14 at 12:21am
oh you're right, i was reading this article and the last one with the sock was the 668b lolpost #969 of 12329/4/14 at 12:29am
669 should also have sharp treble. But I personally think that all those foam and dampening mods are too much hassle.
Just take one of Fran`s hardware filter mods and You`ll be good. Love how my HD-681 sounds with mkII mod and exchanged dual-entry cable.post #970 of 12329/4/14 at 1:35am
oh the reason i like the 669 is its the only thing that would probably fit my head, my X1 which is already big fits perfectly to maximum extension. so anything smaller than the X1 wont fit my head. 47cm ear lobe to ear lobe, round shape (and this is with flatcut hair, if I have chunky hair, then nevermind)
unless they are designed to have so much extension like audio techincas ws55x and philips shl3300 or mdr 1r's which can extend so much with the extension arm design, anything smaller than the X1 just wont fit my head.post #971 of 12329/4/14 at 2:56am
You can do hw filter mod also to HD-669 or HD-662F. I made filter with custom values to my HD-662F and it turned them into very flat and clear sounding studio monitoring cans. Good for oldschool rock listening also.post #972 of 12329/4/14 at 7:36am
yeah I probably will, and I listen to a lot of metal and rock. the 661 are 7506 clones? or diff drivers? or maybe production rights with minor change like they do with tanks.post #973 of 12329/4/14 at 10:50am
Only some Samson should use same drivers as superlux but I`m not sure. They shouldn`t be clones of 7506 as far as I know. Stop looking consolation from being clones with some cans... just mod them and enjoy! ;)post #974 of 12329/10/14 at 4:11pm
Waiting the arrival of my HD 681
Since I won't be making the mod, I want to know how I should set up the EQ to reduce the highs/treble problems. And how good does get compared to do mod?
I use the SBX Studio Pro with onboard sound card
Sorry cuz I dont have the permission to use images so I will just put a link for an SBX Studio Pro example:
http://www.google.com.br/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Findex.php%253Fct%253Darticles%2526action%253Dfile%2526id%253D5687&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Farticles-pages%2Fmsi-z87-xpower-review%2C9.html&h=476&w=700&tbnid=J620NDeTXZv4kM%3A&zoom=1&docid=lMOfUM_kwdYEoM&ei=mtcQVIPyB8GRNoO_gXA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCEQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=143&page=1&start=0&ndsp=38post #975 of 12329/11/14 at 1:52am
some say the late production batches of the hd 681 dont need modding? or was that the evo? try it out first before trying to mod it. you can probably just eq it a bit to lower the db levels on the highs, wont be a major problem there I think.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 53 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! 2 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone familiar with Degauss Labs? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...