Beg to differ with my subjective opinion... balanced - HD-662F, best sounding - HD-681 with filter mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 10/17/14 at 6:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
Superlux Express Train - Page 65post #961 of 9888/29/14 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 9888/29/14 at 10:28amQuote:
Never heard HD662F but what I have read it seems good for closed back and low budget. I would want to fully agree with you but I haven't heard HD662F. Modded HD681 is very good but lacks a bit airiness and nuances, sound quality is very good.post #963 of 9888/29/14 at 11:42ampost #964 of 9888/29/14 at 11:51ampost #965 of 9888/29/14 at 12:26pm
LOL it would have been a mess if they both had the same driver, which would have made every headphone related forum lively. :Ppost #966 of 9889/3/14 at 3:52pmpost #967 of 9889/4/14 at 12:09ampost #968 of 9889/4/14 at 12:21am
oh you're right, i was reading this article and the last one with the sock was the 668b lolpost #969 of 9889/4/14 at 12:29am
669 should also have sharp treble. But I personally think that all those foam and dampening mods are too much hassle.
Just take one of Fran`s hardware filter mods and You`ll be good. Love how my HD-681 sounds with mkII mod and exchanged dual-entry cable.post #970 of 9889/4/14 at 1:35am
oh the reason i like the 669 is its the only thing that would probably fit my head, my X1 which is already big fits perfectly to maximum extension. so anything smaller than the X1 wont fit my head. 47cm ear lobe to ear lobe, round shape (and this is with flatcut hair, if I have chunky hair, then nevermind)
unless they are designed to have so much extension like audio techincas ws55x and philips shl3300 or mdr 1r's which can extend so much with the extension arm design, anything smaller than the X1 just wont fit my head.post #971 of 9889/4/14 at 2:56am
You can do hw filter mod also to HD-669 or HD-662F. I made filter with custom values to my HD-662F and it turned them into very flat and clear sounding studio monitoring cans. Good for oldschool rock listening also.post #972 of 9889/4/14 at 7:36am
yeah I probably will, and I listen to a lot of metal and rock. the 661 are 7506 clones? or diff drivers? or maybe production rights with minor change like they do with tanks.post #973 of 9889/4/14 at 10:50am
Only some Samson should use same drivers as superlux but I`m not sure. They shouldn`t be clones of 7506 as far as I know. Stop looking consolation from being clones with some cans... just mod them and enjoy! ;)post #974 of 9889/10/14 at 4:11pm
Waiting the arrival of my HD 681
Since I won't be making the mod, I want to know how I should set up the EQ to reduce the highs/treble problems. And how good does get compared to do mod?
I use the SBX Studio Pro with onboard sound card
Sorry cuz I dont have the permission to use images so I will just put a link for an SBX Studio Pro example:
http://www.google.com.br/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Findex.php%253Fct%253Darticles%2526action%253Dfile%2526id%253D5687&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Farticles-pages%2Fmsi-z87-xpower-review%2C9.html&h=476&w=700&tbnid=J620NDeTXZv4kM%3A&zoom=1&docid=lMOfUM_kwdYEoM&ei=mtcQVIPyB8GRNoO_gXA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCEQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=143&page=1&start=0&ndsp=38post #975 of 9889/11/14 at 1:52am
some say the late production batches of the hd 681 dont need modding? or was that the evo? try it out first before trying to mod it. you can probably just eq it a bit to lower the db levels on the highs, wont be a major problem there I think.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones [endgame scenario] for Spotify only? 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)