Beg to differ with my subjective opinion... balanced - HD-662F, best sounding - HD-681 with filter mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 7/10/14 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Superlux Express Train - Page 65post #961 of 9758/29/14 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 9758/29/14 at 10:28amQuote:
Never heard HD662F but what I have read it seems good for closed back and low budget. I would want to fully agree with you but I haven't heard HD662F. Modded HD681 is very good but lacks a bit airiness and nuances, sound quality is very good.post #963 of 9758/29/14 at 11:42ampost #964 of 9758/29/14 at 11:51ampost #965 of 9758/29/14 at 12:26pm
LOL it would have been a mess if they both had the same driver, which would have made every headphone related forum lively. :Ppost #966 of 9759/3/14 at 3:52pmpost #967 of 9759/4/14 at 12:09ampost #968 of 9759/4/14 at 12:21am
oh you're right, i was reading this article and the last one with the sock was the 668b lolpost #969 of 9759/4/14 at 12:29am
669 should also have sharp treble. But I personally think that all those foam and dampening mods are too much hassle.
Just take one of Fran`s hardware filter mods and You`ll be good. Love how my HD-681 sounds with mkII mod and exchanged dual-entry cable.post #970 of 9759/4/14 at 1:35am
oh the reason i like the 669 is its the only thing that would probably fit my head, my X1 which is already big fits perfectly to maximum extension. so anything smaller than the X1 wont fit my head. 47cm ear lobe to ear lobe, round shape (and this is with flatcut hair, if I have chunky hair, then nevermind)
unless they are designed to have so much extension like audio techincas ws55x and philips shl3300 or mdr 1r's which can extend so much with the extension arm design, anything smaller than the X1 just wont fit my head.post #971 of 9759/4/14 at 2:56am
You can do hw filter mod also to HD-669 or HD-662F. I made filter with custom values to my HD-662F and it turned them into very flat and clear sounding studio monitoring cans. Good for oldschool rock listening also.post #972 of 9759/4/14 at 7:36am
yeah I probably will, and I listen to a lot of metal and rock. the 661 are 7506 clones? or diff drivers? or maybe production rights with minor change like they do with tanks.post #973 of 9759/4/14 at 10:50am
Only some Samson should use same drivers as superlux but I`m not sure. They shouldn`t be clones of 7506 as far as I know. Stop looking consolation from being clones with some cans... just mod them and enjoy! ;)post #974 of 9759/10/14 at 4:11pm
Waiting the arrival of my HD 681
Since I won't be making the mod, I want to know how I should set up the EQ to reduce the highs/treble problems. And how good does get compared to do mod?
I use the SBX Studio Pro with onboard sound card
Sorry cuz I dont have the permission to use images so I will just put a link for an SBX Studio Pro example:
http://www.google.com.br/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Findex.php%253Fct%253Darticles%2526action%253Dfile%2526id%253D5687&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Farticles-pages%2Fmsi-z87-xpower-review%2C9.html&h=476&w=700&tbnid=J620NDeTXZv4kM%3A&zoom=1&docid=lMOfUM_kwdYEoM&ei=mtcQVIPyB8GRNoO_gXA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCEQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=143&page=1&start=0&ndsp=38post #975 of 9759/11/14 at 1:52am
some say the late production batches of the hd 681 dont need modding? or was that the evo? try it out first before trying to mod it. you can probably just eq it a bit to lower the db levels on the highs, wont be a major problem there I think.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Old gaming headset died. Need help from the pros! 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)