Beg to differ with my subjective opinion... balanced - HD-662F, best sounding - HD-681 with filter mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
The TH900 is magical. It's the hot rod of flagship, makes no apologies, and takes no prisoners IF, you wanna take it that far. This phone just begs to be driven, and it just keeps producing. I find...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker Ting The review that swayed me to get on-board http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584 The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Superlux Express Train - Page 65post #961 of 12548/29/14 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 12548/29/14 at 10:28amQuote:
Never heard HD662F but what I have read it seems good for closed back and low budget. I would want to fully agree with you but I haven't heard HD662F. Modded HD681 is very good but lacks a bit airiness and nuances, sound quality is very good.post #963 of 12548/29/14 at 11:42ampost #964 of 12548/29/14 at 11:51ampost #965 of 12548/29/14 at 12:26pm
LOL it would have been a mess if they both had the same driver, which would have made every headphone related forum lively. :Ppost #966 of 12549/3/14 at 3:52pmpost #967 of 12549/4/14 at 12:09ampost #968 of 12549/4/14 at 12:21am
oh you're right, i was reading this article and the last one with the sock was the 668b lolpost #969 of 12549/4/14 at 12:29am
669 should also have sharp treble. But I personally think that all those foam and dampening mods are too much hassle.
Just take one of Fran`s hardware filter mods and You`ll be good. Love how my HD-681 sounds with mkII mod and exchanged dual-entry cable.post #970 of 12549/4/14 at 1:35am
oh the reason i like the 669 is its the only thing that would probably fit my head, my X1 which is already big fits perfectly to maximum extension. so anything smaller than the X1 wont fit my head. 47cm ear lobe to ear lobe, round shape (and this is with flatcut hair, if I have chunky hair, then nevermind)
unless they are designed to have so much extension like audio techincas ws55x and philips shl3300 or mdr 1r's which can extend so much with the extension arm design, anything smaller than the X1 just wont fit my head.post #971 of 12549/4/14 at 2:56am
You can do hw filter mod also to HD-669 or HD-662F. I made filter with custom values to my HD-662F and it turned them into very flat and clear sounding studio monitoring cans. Good for oldschool rock listening also.post #972 of 12549/4/14 at 7:36am
yeah I probably will, and I listen to a lot of metal and rock. the 661 are 7506 clones? or diff drivers? or maybe production rights with minor change like they do with tanks.post #973 of 12549/4/14 at 10:50am
Only some Samson should use same drivers as superlux but I`m not sure. They shouldn`t be clones of 7506 as far as I know. Stop looking consolation from being clones with some cans... just mod them and enjoy! ;)post #974 of 12549/10/14 at 4:11pm
Waiting the arrival of my HD 681
Since I won't be making the mod, I want to know how I should set up the EQ to reduce the highs/treble problems. And how good does get compared to do mod?
I use the SBX Studio Pro with onboard sound card
Sorry cuz I dont have the permission to use images so I will just put a link for an SBX Studio Pro example:
http://www.google.com.br/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Findex.php%253Fct%253Darticles%2526action%253Dfile%2526id%253D5687&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Farticles-pages%2Fmsi-z87-xpower-review%2C9.html&h=476&w=700&tbnid=J620NDeTXZv4kM%3A&zoom=1&docid=lMOfUM_kwdYEoM&ei=mtcQVIPyB8GRNoO_gXA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCEQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=143&page=1&start=0&ndsp=38post #975 of 12549/11/14 at 1:52am
some say the late production batches of the hd 681 dont need modding? or was that the evo? try it out first before trying to mod it. you can probably just eq it a bit to lower the db levels on the highs, wont be a major problem there I think.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience? 19 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 38 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear