Beg to differ with my subjective opinion... balanced - HD-662F, best sounding - HD-681 with filter mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 9/29/15 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Superlux Express Train - Page 65post #961 of 11758/29/14 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 11758/29/14 at 10:28amQuote:
Never heard HD662F but what I have read it seems good for closed back and low budget. I would want to fully agree with you but I haven't heard HD662F. Modded HD681 is very good but lacks a bit airiness and nuances, sound quality is very good.post #963 of 11758/29/14 at 11:42ampost #964 of 11758/29/14 at 11:51ampost #965 of 11758/29/14 at 12:26pm
LOL it would have been a mess if they both had the same driver, which would have made every headphone related forum lively. :Ppost #966 of 11759/3/14 at 3:52pmpost #967 of 11759/4/14 at 12:09ampost #968 of 11759/4/14 at 12:21am
oh you're right, i was reading this article and the last one with the sock was the 668b lolpost #969 of 11759/4/14 at 12:29am
669 should also have sharp treble. But I personally think that all those foam and dampening mods are too much hassle.
Just take one of Fran`s hardware filter mods and You`ll be good. Love how my HD-681 sounds with mkII mod and exchanged dual-entry cable.post #970 of 11759/4/14 at 1:35am
oh the reason i like the 669 is its the only thing that would probably fit my head, my X1 which is already big fits perfectly to maximum extension. so anything smaller than the X1 wont fit my head. 47cm ear lobe to ear lobe, round shape (and this is with flatcut hair, if I have chunky hair, then nevermind)
unless they are designed to have so much extension like audio techincas ws55x and philips shl3300 or mdr 1r's which can extend so much with the extension arm design, anything smaller than the X1 just wont fit my head.post #971 of 11759/4/14 at 2:56am
You can do hw filter mod also to HD-669 or HD-662F. I made filter with custom values to my HD-662F and it turned them into very flat and clear sounding studio monitoring cans. Good for oldschool rock listening also.post #972 of 11759/4/14 at 7:36am
yeah I probably will, and I listen to a lot of metal and rock. the 661 are 7506 clones? or diff drivers? or maybe production rights with minor change like they do with tanks.post #973 of 11759/4/14 at 10:50am
Only some Samson should use same drivers as superlux but I`m not sure. They shouldn`t be clones of 7506 as far as I know. Stop looking consolation from being clones with some cans... just mod them and enjoy! ;)post #974 of 11759/10/14 at 4:11pm
Waiting the arrival of my HD 681
Since I won't be making the mod, I want to know how I should set up the EQ to reduce the highs/treble problems. And how good does get compared to do mod?
I use the SBX Studio Pro with onboard sound card
Sorry cuz I dont have the permission to use images so I will just put a link for an SBX Studio Pro example:
http://www.google.com.br/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Findex.php%253Fct%253Darticles%2526action%253Dfile%2526id%253D5687&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Farticles-pages%2Fmsi-z87-xpower-review%2C9.html&h=476&w=700&tbnid=J620NDeTXZv4kM%3A&zoom=1&docid=lMOfUM_kwdYEoM&ei=mtcQVIPyB8GRNoO_gXA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCEQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=143&page=1&start=0&ndsp=38post #975 of 11759/11/14 at 1:52am
some say the late production batches of the hd 681 dont need modding? or was that the evo? try it out first before trying to mod it. you can probably just eq it a bit to lower the db levels on the highs, wont be a major problem there I think.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Q-Jays are back. 24 seconds ago
- › 카지노하우스 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 카지노하우스 fw3 41 seconds ago
- › 바두기잘하는법 ▶ox700。Ｃom◀ 바두기잘하는법 바두기잘하는법 58 seconds ago
- › 바카라카페 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 바카라카페 yc8 1 minute ago
- › 바다이야기동영상 ▶ox700。Ｃom◀ 바다이야기동영상 바다이야기동영상 1 minute ago
- › 훌라카페 ▶ox700。Ｃom◀ 훌라카페 훌라카페 1 minute ago
- › 바카라하는법 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 바카라하는법 ju9 1 minute ago
- › 섯다추천 ▶ox700。Ｃom◀ 섯다추천 섯다추천 1 minute ago
- › 바카라따는법 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 바카라따는법 xn0 1 minute ago
- › 카지노하우스 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 카지노하우스 ea7 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2