662f roll off the bass which I assume would make the mids more pronounced (and the highs) but to be honest I am just going by the frequency response graphs and can only report on the CAD. I have not tested the various hd662 models nor have I found someone who has. I will say that from what I have read the Superlux cans in general have a bright sound signature, some more than others. If you found them too bright I don't think it would be hard at all to find some thin foam or material to put over the driver. My CAD have a sound absorbing foam over the driver and I have never felt a need to add anything more. The bass on the CAD ( which I assume is a hd662 ) is strong but not overly exaggerated. They are certainly not mid centric like a Sennheiser hd5XX series, but few closed headphones are.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 6/14/16 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Superlux Express Train - Page 20post #286 of 12323/5/12 at 11:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 12323/5/12 at 11:58pmhi, i would tell that you need add in first page another place where you can buy it.
there is all superlux products.
for example i got hd668b $40 shipped internationaly. hd380 costs under $20 and so on.post #288 of 12323/6/12 at 1:55ampost #289 of 12323/7/12 at 7:21am
I'm on the Superlux train 2 I got Superlux HD 661.
Didn't really had time 2 burn them in but I have around 40h on them. Most of it on my ears.
I got 2 say that they are amazing and "fun" sounding for 35 euros HP. Especially 4 closed hp [usually I don't like closed hp]. Good sound stage and nice instrument separation. 4 some music I use Dolby HP and it's heaven!
- Only downside is comfort. They squeeze tight and earpads are not that good and tick + they can get a little sweaty...especially when I'm on the move and have my hoody on.
I'll post more detailed feedback after 200+ hours.
btw I have some velour ear pads around the house that are not a perfect fit [little bigger] but they can work 4 when I'm at home.
Here are some bad pictures with velour pads
post #290 of 12323/11/12 at 10:34am
I'm looking for some new cans since someone stole my AD700s...I liked the sound signature of those. I miss the soundstage and detail, but I hated how anemic the bass was. I would avoid dubstep and hip hop when I had those, which are two of my favorite genres... Jazz and classical blew me away with those, and sometimes various subgenres of metal but of course I was lacking the bass impact with death metal and such, so I found it better for symphonic types.
Anyhow, enough rambling. If it is possible to compare cans to IEMs, I like the sound signature of the Denon C551 and C7xx series, the Fischer Audio Eterna, and Xears n3i.
I want something warm and fun but retaining clarity. I am a basshead...love deep, punchy bass, but I can compromise a little. I listen to a lot of death metal, dubstep, indie, and hip hop, but I love music all across the board, so I want something versatile and not just suited to a few particular genres. You see the IEMs that I was fond of, perhaps the Eternas more than anything, and I found them great for anything I threw at them, and was pleasantly surprised by the bass.
I like that Superlux offers semi-open cans because that style should be a good balance between bass impact and soundstage. That said, I was looking at the HD681 because they're on Amazon, but first heard of Superlux because of the 668b. Help me decide between the two, or maybe point me in a different direction in this line.
The designs are deplorable, and I said I would never go back to pleather earpads again after being spoiled by velour, but...the prices are seducing this broke college student.
Nearly forgot to mention that I would occasionally be using my Minibox D to drive these (although I no longer have the power cable/charger...help?) but would primarily be running them straight out of my Zune, netbook, or PC without a soundcard.
Edited by ashxcore - 3/11/12 at 11:04ampost #291 of 12323/11/12 at 11:07ampost #292 of 12323/11/12 at 11:07ampost #293 of 12323/17/12 at 4:09ampost #294 of 12323/17/12 at 7:34amQuote:
Looks like the Superlux HD681 with a new paint job.
The HD668B and Samson SR850 have slightly different grills.post #295 of 12323/17/12 at 8:21am
Yeah I know that they look like hd681 but I just want 2 make sure cause they are like 35 euros in my country and 681 are 19 euros in germany and I'm getting Beyerdynamics 200/250 velour pads from there anyway.. It's look like they are b681b
Edited by Don Workinson - 3/17/12 at 8:26ampost #296 of 12323/22/12 at 11:15pm
Got a pair of HD681 and HD668B to try out. So far, nothing really stands out about them, but nothing really goes against them, either. I find this interesting because I thought they would sound similar to my Sony 7506 (which I actually dislike very much*) since I've heard so much about the enhanced treble of these phones.
The HD681 and the HD668B sound remarkably similar, though, IMO. The HD681 does dig deeper in the bass (at the cost of sounding ever so slightly muddier), and the 668B trumps the 681 during complex passages (with the 668B, you can still discern a lot of separation).
Will let you guys know after more burn-in, etc!
*but still keep around to use as comparison, since they are standards in the studio.post #297 of 12323/23/12 at 1:16amQuote:
here's this excellent pdf from Superlux again with all the graphs and direct comparison to competitors cans they come closest to. There's some better larger graphs I think at their site.
I have to get the newer one sometime but this has all the 662 models and the others. have you seen it yet? Anyhow here it is.
Edited by nick n - 3/23/12 at 1:19ampost #298 of 12323/27/12 at 1:54am
Okay, I've had some more time to play around with the 681 and the 668B now. I prefer the 681 much better for listening to music (they are also more comfortable for me!). I do like the bass response of the 681, and I feel still give a good treble and midrange presentation. The 668B in comparison sound much more forward and upfront, and sounds a bit abrasive, IMO. Bummer, because I do like the removable cables of the 668B!
The 681 is definitely a keeper, though! Showed them to a non-audiophile friend and he was amazed that they were $36.post #299 of 12323/27/12 at 7:36am
Yeah. I read it. Although the removable cable on 669 is nice, I think one of 662 series is right. In real life which is less bright? based on the frequency rsponse all seems a bit bright on the high frequency.post #300 of 12324/3/12 at 6:29pm
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 24 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › HD650 (New, Unopened) and Schiit Magni 2 Uber 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing high end headphones for games and music 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Help with audio setup. 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...