Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Superlux Express Train
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Superlux Express Train - Page 19

post #271 of 975

I think most people would say the 668b are the best since they are very versatile and work fine for basically everything. The highs are a bit harsh though (but I for one don't think they are horribly harsh, just a tiny bit over the top). 

post #272 of 975

Thanks for your reply. Which ones would you suggest for such genres as : dubstep, drum&bass, trace & rap. Those the ones that I listen. I also like wide soundstage. So what would be your guys suggestion?

post #273 of 975

HD669 I think, it's like, closed version of HD668b. But I found 669s even more bright than 668b....
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipit View Post

Thanks for your reply. Which ones would you suggest for such genres as : dubstep, drum&bass, trace & rap. Those the ones that I listen. I also like wide soundstage. So what would be your guys suggestion?



 

post #274 of 975

Try the HD-681, it has nice bass and is semi open so it has a wide soundstage, though not as wide as truly open headphones.

If you would like a closed headphone, try the HD-661 but it's bass is not as impactful as the 681. 

(I own both and listen to EDM and a bit of dubstep)

 

post #275 of 975

Hi guys!

 

I'm looking for a closed headphone (for sound isolation).

 

From reading this thread, I'm leaning towards the HD662 series. (the HD669 seems to be too fierce in the high frequencies).

My question is regarding the 'subseries', ie the HD662 vs HD662-F (vs HD662-B).

 

My understanding is that the F model is designed to have a flatter frequency curve (which I like), but also to give you the 'front row experience'. The 'regular' HD662 is suposed to give an 'on stage' experience.

Is this distinction just a matter of frequency response (in which case I'd go for the flatter F), or is this also a statement about the soundstage (ie the F model gives a front-directed soundstage, and the regular model gives a more immersive, surrounding soundstage -- in which case I'd go for the regular model)

 

TL;DR: Is the 'F' from HD662-F a statement of the frequency response, or also of a front-directed soundstage?

post #276 of 975

New Superlux HD660 models now come with a built in mic.

HMC660E, comes with a condenser mic.

HMD660E, comes with a dynamic mic.

post #277 of 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaldfre View Post

Hi guys!

 

I'm looking for a closed headphone (for sound isolation).

 

From reading this thread, I'm leaning towards the HD662 series. (the HD669 seems to be too fierce in the high frequencies).

My question is regarding the 'subseries', ie the HD662 vs HD662-F (vs HD662-B).

 

My understanding is that the F model is designed to have a flatter frequency curve (which I like), but also to give you the 'front row experience'. The 'regular' HD662 is suposed to give an 'on stage' experience.

Is this distinction just a matter of frequency response (in which case I'd go for the flatter F), or is this also a statement about the soundstage (ie the F model gives a front-directed soundstage, and the regular model gives a more immersive, surrounding soundstage -- in which case I'd go for the regular model)

 

TL;DR: Is the 'F' from HD662-F a statement of the frequency response, or also of a front-directed soundstage?


The F stands for flat and B for balanced.  I had the 662F.  Very nice headphone and actually preferred it to the 668b.  It does indeed sound quite flat but has quiten sharp highs though maybe with lots of burn in this would change.  Decent sounstage for a closed headphone and the best thing I think was the realism of the instruments.  They just sounded 'right' especially the drums.  Maybe due to the large drivers.

Another one to consider is the 660.  Very nice too and a little more laid back in the highs though still has plenty of energy.  Both are nice phones and both have their advantages.  I just wish they had brought out a 668F.  That would be something else!

 

post #278 of 975

hello, I guess my problem is about the same as other who want to choose closed headphones.

Namely which one to choose among 662,662f,662b and 669.

 

I am not a basshead but also don't want hurtful, piercing high. Clarity is important.

 

do the 669 sharp high become less with burn in?

post #279 of 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendou View Post

hello, I guess my problem is about the same as other who want to choose closed headphones.

Namely which one to choose among 662,662f,662b and 669.

 

I am not a basshead but also don't want hurtful, piercing high. Clarity is important.

 

do the 669 sharp high become less with burn in?



If you don't like piercing high then you should consider the HD660

post #280 of 975

I wouldn't call the the hd662 highs piercing but then again all ears are different. As far as the Superlux nomenclature f = flat and b = bass. When there is neither f or b then expect a little bump in the sub bass and perhaps the same in the upper highs. The f cans tend to roll off sub bass and the b cans tend to pump up mid bass and both tweak the highs a bit also.

 

http://www.superlux.com.tw/upload/function.product.info/f0f5d976-92a0-470d-8ba9-aa6a6b8d319b/resource/br_HD662_series_en_tw.pdf

post #281 of 975

thanks guys.

 

i would like to choose a model which is not v shaped compared to others.

would cube c30 be able to drive hd660 well without an amp?

 

I am now using philips shp2700 which I found v shaped and quite bright. and a bit fatiguing. want to find something different.


Edited by tendou - 3/5/12 at 9:16pm
post #282 of 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendou View Post

thanks guys.

 

i would like to choose a model which is not v shaped compared to others.

would cube c30 be able to drive hd660 well without an amp?

 

I am now using philips shp2700 which I found v shaped and quite bright. and a bit fatiguing. want to find something different.



The Cube C30 look exactly like rocoo A, i don't know if they are the same but the rocoo A have strong built in amplifer and driver HD660 very well. HD660 is quite n shape which has very foward and enjoyable mid, i find high frequency is very extend without sounding harsh like HD668B or HD681, bass have very good speed but lacking depth. It's most suitable for rock, vocal, etc ...

post #283 of 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by proid View Post



The Cube C30 look exactly like rocoo A, i don't know if they are the same but the rocoo A have strong built in amplifer and driver HD660 very well. HD660 is quite n shape which has very foward and enjoyable mid, i find high frequency is very extend without sounding harsh like HD668B or HD681, bass have very good speed but lacking depth. It's most suitable for rock, vocal, etc ...



I am not sure if it use the same chip as rocoo a but cube c30 is the same as nationite n2. i already crossed out hd681 which I understand more of a vshaped.

 

as far as i have read (yes I read all the 19 pages here and also 63 pages of thread in another forum) hd 669 is a bit bright (eventhough neutral) and have piercing high and the 662 is more balanced with less piercing highs and better mids?

 

if the hd660 cant be driven well by cube c30 and occassionally by my laptop with onboard sound I could consider it.

 

 

 

post #284 of 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendou View Post



I am not sure if it use the same chip as rocoo a but cube c30 is the same as nationite n2. i already crossed out hd681 which I understand more of a vshaped.

 

as far as i have read (yes I read all the 19 pages here and also 63 pages of thread in another forum) hd 669 is a bit bright (eventhough neutral) and have piercing high and the 662 is more balanced with less piercing highs and better mids?

 

if the hd660 cant be driven well by cube c30 and occassionally by my laptop with onboard sound I could consider it.

 

 

 


I have the CAD mh310 which I believe is a hd662 with possibly a few tweaks but probably not. I find it very balanced with perhaps just a bit of a bump below 50hz  and maybe a little strong around 5k or so. Here is a little review on it.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cad-mh310-superlux-hd662/reviews/6244

 

Unless you have ears that are hyper sensitive to high frequencies I think you would enjoy them. You mentioned clarity being important and without high frequency information there is no clarity.

 

post #285 of 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtturnip View Post


I have the CAD mh310 which I believe is a hd662 with possibly a few tweaks but probably not. I find it very balanced with perhaps just a bit of a bump below 50hz  and maybe a little strong around 5k or so. Here is a little review on it.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cad-mh310-superlux-hd662/reviews/6244

 

Unless you have ears that are hyper sensitive to high frequencies I think you would enjoy them. You mentioned clarity being important and without high frequency information there is no clarity.

 



 

Thanks. So based on your review itsounds more like 662 than 662f.

 

among the 662 series, which has the best mids, less recessed mids and better overall balance?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Superlux Express Train