I removed the pads from my EVOs when I first got them, to be they didn't change the sound at all. I haven't tried putting them into the HD661 because I have cans that already suit my needs and don't need to really investigate. The HD661 stock as they are do suit other people who use my cans for monitoring.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 6/27/15 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Superlux Express Train - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 11677/26/15 at 9:28pm
Really? Well I thought that removing the felt changed the sound, mostly on the highs.
BTW, here're the Evos without the felt.
Are here we have the Bitfenix Flo without the pads, exactly like the HD661
And HM5 pads fits really well! Although Velour pads crapped the sound...
I'll probably buy the HM5 pleather pads, and this will be my gaming headset, the mic is pretty decent!post #1158 of 11677/27/15 at 1:17pmpost #1159 of 11677/27/15 at 3:55pmQuote:
There are a few possible reasons for this. One is that there were two different versions of the EVO, both with slightly different sound signatures. One of the differences is that the later model was packaged with a free pair of velour pads.
The other possibility is that we hear differently. I don't really hear anything above 14 kHz. I know the cans are reproducing tones at that frequency and above because my 5-year old niece, the 22-year old, and any cat can hear it.post #1160 of 11677/27/15 at 4:16pmQuote:
Oh, mine had the free velour ones, and I'm using it ATM, maybe one of the reasons.post #1161 of 11677/29/15 at 12:31pm
Got my HD660 today!
Such a different signature compared to the HD330.. it´s tighter and has great detail and sounds quite airy.. I guess the 330 and the 660 is all the headphones you need....................Like you could only have two headphones.. LOL!post #1162 of 11677/29/15 at 3:18pmpost #1163 of 11677/30/15 at 7:09am
To early to tell but almost every headphone i have are monitors so i like that kind of signature. However the HD330 is a blast to listen to.post #1164 of 11677/30/15 at 7:28ampost #1165 of 11678/4/15 at 7:21am
Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming Superlux models?
I was nearly going to impulse buy the HD562, but I read that there would be a facelift model and a Bluetooth version of it released in the future, but I couldn't find anyone mentioning any details except for this Chinese site (and the background image on Superlux's official website). I'm wondering does anyone know anything more about them?
And assuming that the facelifts would sound the same (which they claim it would from that site), has anyone compared the sound of the HD562 and HD572/HD572A? I've always loved the closed on-ear form factor, and these two are the only Superlux models fitting the criteria now, and in the future presumably.post #1166 of 11678/4/15 at 7:25ampost #1167 of 11678/13/15 at 3:20pm
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › IEMs with detachable cables? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Question about self-titled The Doors album on HDTracks 4 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2