I removed the pads from my EVOs when I first got them, to be they didn't change the sound at all. I haven't tried putting them into the HD661 because I have cans that already suit my needs and don't need to really investigate. The HD661 stock as they are do suit other people who use my cans for monitoring.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 6/27/15 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Superlux Express Train - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 11647/26/15 at 9:28pm
Really? Well I thought that removing the felt changed the sound, mostly on the highs.
BTW, here're the Evos without the felt.
Are here we have the Bitfenix Flo without the pads, exactly like the HD661
And HM5 pads fits really well! Although Velour pads crapped the sound...
I'll probably buy the HM5 pleather pads, and this will be my gaming headset, the mic is pretty decent!post #1158 of 11647/27/15 at 1:17pmpost #1159 of 11647/27/15 at 3:55pmQuote:
There are a few possible reasons for this. One is that there were two different versions of the EVO, both with slightly different sound signatures. One of the differences is that the later model was packaged with a free pair of velour pads.
The other possibility is that we hear differently. I don't really hear anything above 14 kHz. I know the cans are reproducing tones at that frequency and above because my 5-year old niece, the 22-year old, and any cat can hear it.post #1160 of 11647/27/15 at 4:16pmQuote:
Oh, mine had the free velour ones, and I'm using it ATM, maybe one of the reasons.post #1161 of 11647/29/15 at 12:31pm
Got my HD660 today!
Such a different signature compared to the HD330.. it´s tighter and has great detail and sounds quite airy.. I guess the 330 and the 660 is all the headphones you need....................Like you could only have two headphones.. LOL!post #1162 of 11647/29/15 at 3:18pmpost #1163 of 11647/30/15 at 7:09am
To early to tell but almost every headphone i have are monitors so i like that kind of signature. However the HD330 is a blast to listen to.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 21 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Is there any comparison between Schiit Yggdrasil and Metrum Pavane? 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 10 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 12 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 12 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3