I use 631 and 681EVO for monitoring, I like them both - good bass but not cannons. I think they share the same drivers. My genre of choice is pop though. 668B has a kind of sucked out sound to it - like it's attenuated right where my vocals are - and it's a bit annoying. The 661 emphasize treble too much and not enough bass. Other cans I've used for monitoring (to give you an idea of what I like) are the ATH-M35, MDR7506, MDRV700DJ and XS. Cans I've not liked for monitoring are PortaPro, KSC75, and Platten.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Samson SR850 (Superlux OEM) Review: A $50 Budget Champion. Last post on 1/18/15 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Christmas Headphones?! Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking a set. Last post on 11/8/11 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SAMSON SR850 VS. SUPERLUX HD 681 Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Samson SR850 or Superlux HD 681? Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
Superlux Express Train - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 10562/20/15 at 7:54ampost #1053 of 10562/20/15 at 8:06ampost #1054 of 10562/20/15 at 8:20am
Ey thanks! They look nice for the price, I guess. BTW, nice pictures too.
I'll probably get one in white.
Just one last thing, any more impressions about the sound?
Considering what you said before, seens like you liked then more than the amperior.
Ops, another question, are they easy to power?post #1055 of 10562/21/15 at 9:19am
Yes, I would recommend the colored ones for anybody interested in the HD562 - the black is quite unappealing! After more listening time, the bass has gotten a bit tighter and the treble a bit more refined.The headphone can be driven easily, though my O2 added a bit more clarity and definition. The 562 is very much along the lines of the Amperior, though lacking in resolution. The amperior also has a "brassy" tone with sharper treble and very pacy which makes it "difficult" for long listening sessions. The 562 is fast but more relaxed than the Amperior and with relatively smoother highs - so it is easier for longer listening sessions. The build quality is doubtful though, my left earcup is sliding too easily and there seems to be no way of tightening it :-(.post #1056 of 10562/21/15 at 9:59am
Well that is defintly interesting, as soon as I get it I'll post some impressions, althought due to brazilian super slow custom service it may take two or three month
Well, better late than never.
- Superlux Express Train
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › (117dB SNR DAC 2+7.1 and 600 ohm AMP) Asrock's new audiophile... 1 minute ago
- › GR07 - Tips Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 10 minutes ago
- › JBL LSR-305 Active Studio Monitors: Includes built-in amplification 11 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2