I find that on my sm3's, that its way more comfortable for me to wear the right earpiece in the left ear and the left earpiece in my right ear. Is this wrong to do? Oh and something else that is weird is that i can listen at louder volumes without hearing a distortion in my left ear that i usually always get at a certain volume. Maybe im crazy, I dont know.
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $400 Last post on 7/6/12 at 6:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UM3X isn't doing it for me anymore... I need suggestions Last post on 6/11/12 at 9:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Wearing IEM's in opposite ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wouldn't say it's wrong. The only impact will be that in music that has strong separation (think stereo recordings made in the early 60's) you will hear things in the opposite ear. I will still be stereo though. If you listen to strongly separated music that you are very familiar with, it will seem odd that instruments are coming though the other ear.
The distortion aspect of it that you mention makes me wonder if something i sup with your equpiment ('phones or player).
There are several records of the physical and mental differences between left and right ear, most noticeably the bias of speech / vocals in the right ear and music / tone in the left ear. I wonder if songs are recorded / mastered with this subtle difference in mind. Just food for thought.
- Wearing IEM's in opposite ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 14 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 21 seconds ago
- › Chord&Major 6 Ballad IEM 46 seconds ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 4 minutes ago
- › Hi! I'm new to this community and I would like some help on... 4 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 6 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer old version 8 minutes ago
- › Building 2.1 speakers under $100. 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)