I find that on my sm3's, that its way more comfortable for me to wear the right earpiece in the left ear and the left earpiece in my right ear. Is this wrong to do? Oh and something else that is weird is that i can listen at louder volumes without hearing a distortion in my left ear that i usually always get at a certain volume. Maybe im crazy, I dont know.
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $400 Last post on 7/6/12 at 6:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UM3X isn't doing it for me anymore... I need suggestions Last post on 6/11/12 at 9:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Wearing IEM's in opposite ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wouldn't say it's wrong. The only impact will be that in music that has strong separation (think stereo recordings made in the early 60's) you will hear things in the opposite ear. I will still be stereo though. If you listen to strongly separated music that you are very familiar with, it will seem odd that instruments are coming though the other ear.
The distortion aspect of it that you mention makes me wonder if something i sup with your equpiment ('phones or player).
There are several records of the physical and mental differences between left and right ear, most noticeably the bias of speech / vocals in the right ear and music / tone in the left ear. I wonder if songs are recorded / mastered with this subtle difference in mind. Just food for thought.
- Wearing IEM's in opposite ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Chicago August 8 2015 Impression Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Why don't more people use EQ to get the desired sound? 1 minute ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iOS multichannel DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › STAY AWAY from "CareyPrice31" 3 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2