Let me first say I apologize for making this post. Ive searched for a couple of hours through countless threads but I work 70 hours a week and simply don't have the time to continue searching. I own Beyerdynamic dt880's 250ohm headphones. Im looking for a plug and play Amp/Dac combo to use with my Ipod and Xbox 360. I dont have the time really to fiddle with tube rolling and Im not expecting the world from a 350 combo setup. Just something that sounds better than it does now (which is awful). Ive found Audio-Gd and Maverick D1 to be front runners. Forgive me. Thank you.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/29/11
- brandHeadRoomtagged by System, 3/29/11
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 3/29/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/29/11
- brandYulongtagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Is the iBasso d4 worth double the price tag of the NuForce Icon Mobile? Last post on 12/30/10 at 7:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/AMP Question. HD-25-ii Last post on 5/11/10 at 1:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a DAC and an AMP! Last post on 2/20/10 at 2:42am in Portable Headphone Amps
- noob question about amps. Last post on 8/27/12 at 11:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp+Dac under 350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try looking under the Head Gear section, I found a few You'd like but more than Your to pay! Yulong, Headroom, Nu-Force to name a few. Save some more if You can and go for better quality, like $350. is anything to sneeze at! I Hope You find something You like.
- Amp+Dac under 350
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 7 minutes ago
- › What IEM does $550 get me? 9 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 11 minutes ago
- › Distortion of Sound Documentary 11 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 14 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 15 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 18 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)