Wanted to pick up some more tips for my CK10's, and didn't know what I should be looking for. Will the Comply's for the CK7's work? What kinds are good to pair with these IEM's? Are custom molded ear pieces worthwhile, or do they not offer a sufficient seal?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/28/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 3/28/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/28/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/28/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'm going to try some customs... Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 6/12/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 + ER-4 = UE700 custom IEM project + drivers. Last post on 11/16/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement tips for ATH-CK10? Last post on 6/14/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Tips for AT CK10'spost #1 of 283/27/11 at 12:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 283/27/11 at 9:21pm
I will look into the CK10 appreciation thread. I personally like monster triflanges because it's easier to take them off my ears with them and the comfort/isolation is good.post #3 of 283/27/11 at 9:38pmpost #4 of 283/27/11 at 9:49pmpost #5 of 283/27/11 at 10:03pmQuote:
do you mean cut off one third of the monster tri flange? If that's true, which part?post #6 of 283/27/11 at 11:43pmQuote:
Sounds hawt! I'll be getting 2 pairs in 2 weeks time and keep that in mind =Dpost #7 of 283/28/11 at 6:10ampost #8 of 283/28/11 at 11:07amQuote:
depends on the size of your ears. i personally cut off the top, smallest part.
post #9 of 283/28/11 at 1:59pm
If you enjoy foamies, I recommend the Comply T-130 in black of course. They have a wider nozzle than the T-100. And I feel increase soundstage and bass, while reducing the hot nature of the ck-10's treble. They were made for the PFE but fit on the AT's just fine.post #10 of 283/29/11 at 6:54amThread StarterQuote:
Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for. How do you clean those? H2O2?post #11 of 283/29/11 at 5:44pm
I'm spoiled . I always buy six at a time and just replace them. But yes you can use hydrogen peroxide to clean them. Though every time I've done so, they never retain their pliable nature.post #12 of 283/30/11 at 12:47pmThread Starter
About how long does a set last? I wear them almost every day for varying lengths of time; sometimes gym, but mostly home/work. Once they're in, I prefer to leave them in. And I generally will qtip with a bit of water before I put them in.post #13 of 283/30/11 at 12:55pmJust remember to trim them before use.........lol. Oh and yes trim the stem (I cut it at about half the lenght) because otherwise it's too long.post #14 of 283/30/11 at 1:25pmQuote:
I replace each set every month or so depending on the usage of each earphone...YMMV. Love the blacks though. Don't show as much wear and wax deposits as the greys do, thus longer wear periods.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 10 seconds ago
- › Headphone-palooza shoot-out! 8 cans reviewed here! 16 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 40 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tea-Fi? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215! WITH FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)