Wanted to pick up some more tips for my CK10's, and didn't know what I should be looking for. Will the Comply's for the CK7's work? What kinds are good to pair with these IEM's? Are custom molded ear pieces worthwhile, or do they not offer a sufficient seal?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/28/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 3/28/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/28/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/28/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'm going to try some customs... Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 6/12/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 + ER-4 = UE700 custom IEM project + drivers. Last post on 11/16/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement tips for ATH-CK10? Last post on 6/14/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
Tips for AT CK10'spost #1 of 283/27/11 at 12:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 283/27/11 at 9:21pm
I will look into the CK10 appreciation thread. I personally like monster triflanges because it's easier to take them off my ears with them and the comfort/isolation is good.post #3 of 283/27/11 at 9:38pmpost #4 of 283/27/11 at 9:49pmpost #5 of 283/27/11 at 10:03pmQuote:
do you mean cut off one third of the monster tri flange? If that's true, which part?post #6 of 283/27/11 at 11:43pmQuote:
Sounds hawt! I'll be getting 2 pairs in 2 weeks time and keep that in mind =Dpost #7 of 283/28/11 at 6:10ampost #8 of 283/28/11 at 11:07amQuote:
depends on the size of your ears. i personally cut off the top, smallest part.
post #9 of 283/28/11 at 1:59pm
If you enjoy foamies, I recommend the Comply T-130 in black of course. They have a wider nozzle than the T-100. And I feel increase soundstage and bass, while reducing the hot nature of the ck-10's treble. They were made for the PFE but fit on the AT's just fine.post #10 of 283/29/11 at 6:54amThread StarterQuote:
Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for. How do you clean those? H2O2?post #11 of 283/29/11 at 5:44pm
I'm spoiled . I always buy six at a time and just replace them. But yes you can use hydrogen peroxide to clean them. Though every time I've done so, they never retain their pliable nature.post #12 of 283/30/11 at 12:47pmThread Starter
About how long does a set last? I wear them almost every day for varying lengths of time; sometimes gym, but mostly home/work. Once they're in, I prefer to leave them in. And I generally will qtip with a bit of water before I put them in.post #13 of 283/30/11 at 12:55pmJust remember to trim them before use.........lol. Oh and yes trim the stem (I cut it at about half the lenght) because otherwise it's too long.post #14 of 283/30/11 at 1:25pmQuote:
I replace each set every month or so depending on the usage of each earphone...YMMV. Love the blacks though. Don't show as much wear and wax deposits as the greys do, thus longer wear periods.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 16 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Over-ear portable headphones 3 minutes ago
- › FS: 2 Mint iRiver H120 DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Tralucent Audio: Ref 1 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)