Is it dangerous to keep my volume/gain knob at a little past 3 o'clock? I can't get any of my headphones to wang unless it's at 3 o'clock.
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amplifier? Last post on 10/12/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp required or Not. . . . . . Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.post #1 of 73/26/11 at 1:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 73/26/11 at 9:54ampost #3 of 73/26/11 at 7:40pm
I don't know what headphones you're using but it seems as if the Boa isn't enough to drive them properly. I've had this amp and it was good with efficient headphones like Grados, Denon 1001 and IEMs, but didn't stand a chance with cans like the HD650 or K-70x.post #4 of 73/26/11 at 9:38pmThread Starter
I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up.
post #5 of 73/26/11 at 10:08pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Sephiroth619
"I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up."
I wouldn't worry about the amp. It should be able to take it.post #6 of 73/27/11 at 3:22pm
I would expect for you to turn up the volume knob significantly more for HD580 than 280 and 7506. 3 o' clock should be an awful lot for 7506 and 280. They are all equally loud at that knob position?
What's your source?post #7 of 73/27/11 at 4:49pmThread Starter
I was expecting the same, the volume knob to much higher on the HD580 than the HD280 and 7506 but it's not the case. Only when I plug the headphones straight from the source is when I notice the difference, it's a slight difference though, not significant.
I'm using a Sansa Fuze.
Maybe I'll try getting a D6.
- Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Vape-Fi 8 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 21 seconds ago
- › Amp/DAC combo mostly for desktop listening around $100? 29 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 38 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone250 U.S. Tour & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 7 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2