Is it dangerous to keep my volume/gain knob at a little past 3 o'clock? I can't get any of my headphones to wang unless it's at 3 o'clock.
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amplifier? Last post on 10/12/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp required or Not. . . . . . Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.post #1 of 73/26/11 at 1:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 73/26/11 at 9:54ampost #3 of 73/26/11 at 7:40pm
I don't know what headphones you're using but it seems as if the Boa isn't enough to drive them properly. I've had this amp and it was good with efficient headphones like Grados, Denon 1001 and IEMs, but didn't stand a chance with cans like the HD650 or K-70x.post #4 of 73/26/11 at 9:38pmThread Starter
I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up.
post #5 of 73/26/11 at 10:08pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Sephiroth619
"I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up."
I wouldn't worry about the amp. It should be able to take it.post #6 of 73/27/11 at 3:22pm
I would expect for you to turn up the volume knob significantly more for HD580 than 280 and 7506. 3 o' clock should be an awful lot for 7506 and 280. They are all equally loud at that knob position?
What's your source?post #7 of 73/27/11 at 4:49pmThread Starter
I was expecting the same, the volume knob to much higher on the HD580 than the HD280 and 7506 but it's not the case. Only when I plug the headphones straight from the source is when I notice the difference, it's a slight difference though, not significant.
I'm using a Sansa Fuze.
Maybe I'll try getting a D6.
- Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Stax Thread III 12 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › IEM burn-in damage 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › Best sound under 200 USD? 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Top 10 Truths Of Head-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2