Is it dangerous to keep my volume/gain knob at a little past 3 o'clock? I can't get any of my headphones to wang unless it's at 3 o'clock.
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amplifier? Last post on 10/12/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp required or Not. . . . . . Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't know what headphones you're using but it seems as if the Boa isn't enough to drive them properly. I've had this amp and it was good with efficient headphones like Grados, Denon 1001 and IEMs, but didn't stand a chance with cans like the HD650 or K-70x.
I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up.
Quote:Originally Posted by Sephiroth619
"I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up."
I wouldn't worry about the amp. It should be able to take it.
I would expect for you to turn up the volume knob significantly more for HD580 than 280 and 7506. 3 o' clock should be an awful lot for 7506 and 280. They are all equally loud at that knob position?
What's your source?
I was expecting the same, the volume knob to much higher on the HD580 than the HD280 and 7506 but it's not the case. Only when I plug the headphones straight from the source is when I notice the difference, it's a slight difference though, not significant.
I'm using a Sansa Fuze.
Maybe I'll try getting a D6.
- Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser IE 800 (2 weeks old mint condition, includes everything)... 2 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 13 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)