Is it dangerous to keep my volume/gain knob at a little past 3 o'clock? I can't get any of my headphones to wang unless it's at 3 o'clock.
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amplifier? Last post on 10/12/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp required or Not. . . . . . Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.post #1 of 73/26/11 at 1:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 73/26/11 at 9:54ampost #3 of 73/26/11 at 7:40pm
I don't know what headphones you're using but it seems as if the Boa isn't enough to drive them properly. I've had this amp and it was good with efficient headphones like Grados, Denon 1001 and IEMs, but didn't stand a chance with cans like the HD650 or K-70x.post #4 of 73/26/11 at 9:38pmThread Starter
I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up.
post #5 of 73/26/11 at 10:08pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Sephiroth619
"I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up."
I wouldn't worry about the amp. It should be able to take it.post #6 of 73/27/11 at 3:22pm
I would expect for you to turn up the volume knob significantly more for HD580 than 280 and 7506. 3 o' clock should be an awful lot for 7506 and 280. They are all equally loud at that knob position?
What's your source?post #7 of 73/27/11 at 4:49pmThread Starter
I was expecting the same, the volume knob to much higher on the HD580 than the HD280 and 7506 but it's not the case. Only when I plug the headphones straight from the source is when I notice the difference, it's a slight difference though, not significant.
I'm using a Sansa Fuze.
Maybe I'll try getting a D6.
- Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › SE535 low-frequecy response review 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2