Is it dangerous to keep my volume/gain knob at a little past 3 o'clock? I can't get any of my headphones to wang unless it's at 3 o'clock.
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amplifier? Last post on 10/12/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp required or Not. . . . . . Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.post #1 of 73/26/11 at 1:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 73/26/11 at 9:54ampost #3 of 73/26/11 at 7:40pm
I don't know what headphones you're using but it seems as if the Boa isn't enough to drive them properly. I've had this amp and it was good with efficient headphones like Grados, Denon 1001 and IEMs, but didn't stand a chance with cans like the HD650 or K-70x.post #4 of 73/26/11 at 9:38pmThread Starter
I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up.
post #5 of 73/26/11 at 10:08pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Sephiroth619
"I currently have Sennheiser HD280, HD580, and Sony MDR-7506. They're all equally loud when at 3 o'clock. I'm just really concerned about the volume knob being turned so far up."
I wouldn't worry about the amp. It should be able to take it.post #6 of 73/27/11 at 3:22pm
I would expect for you to turn up the volume knob significantly more for HD580 than 280 and 7506. 3 o' clock should be an awful lot for 7506 and 280. They are all equally loud at that knob position?
What's your source?post #7 of 73/27/11 at 4:49pmThread Starter
I was expecting the same, the volume knob to much higher on the HD580 than the HD280 and 7506 but it's not the case. Only when I plug the headphones straight from the source is when I notice the difference, it's a slight difference though, not significant.
I'm using a Sansa Fuze.
Maybe I'll try getting a D6.
- Ibasso D2+ BOA: volume/gain question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 30 seconds ago
- › [Review] Meelectronics A161p, the most satisfying IEM I've ever heard 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 3 minutes ago
- › swans m50w vs klipsch promedia 2.1 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 minutes ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 10 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)