Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › USB cable supposedly improving DAC sound quality? How can I take other posts seriously after that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

USB cable supposedly improving DAC sound quality? How can I take other posts seriously after that? - Page 17  

post #241 of 256
Quote:
heaphone unit produces vibration

 

How? Most are solid state. Nothing moves.

 

 

Quote:

 

in turn resonates into the base of the material it is siting on or in and in turn creates more vibration back into the unit.

 

 

 

 

Even if true - how does this vibration affect the sound. What are the audible characteristics of a vibrating solid state amplifier or dac or usb audio host?

post #242 of 256

I always like to give multiple opportunities for people to back up their statements. We're here to share, learn and make improvements to our audio experiences. 

 

But this is just maddening.

post #243 of 256

You guy's are being trolled hard.

post #244 of 256

But he (liamstrain) is right. You make claims which you cannot back up. No, personal 'experience' does not interest anyone and is no proof. ("Aliens visit earth. Proof: I got abducted by aliens" ...)

Also, there's no reason why a rational person should believe in what you say. And before you even start with closed-mindedness, I'm sure that anyone would happily change their mind if you had some evidence. This is the sound science forum after all.


Edited by xnor - 6/29/12 at 1:26pm
post #245 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan View Post

You guy's are being trolled hard.

No, I think he actually thinks he knows what he's talking about.

 

Trolling would be "lol guys ur all def i have $5000 cables and they sound way better even my def gramma says so", then posting some variation of that in response to everything instead of actually formulating some untested pseudoscience theory.

post #246 of 256

Or making a comment like the Denon 2/5/7k have no bass ;).
 

post #247 of 256

It looked like someone made a sockpuppet account, until the 10 paragraph post.

post #248 of 256

i don't think i made a sock puppet host. actually i have been researching information for the past 3 days on USB cables. There are multiple factors that are accountable to a USB cable that sends data in pockets at a time to the DAC and can have errors due to not all the information being sent and received correctly therefore playing back distortion, lack of broadband freq or HF etc... ferrite beads, heavily insulated USB cables, poorly manufactured USB cables, the list can go on.

To say that a well made USB cable doesn't help the audio is a far cry. digital cables have a sound to it, information is information but the faster it takes to be received reduces jitter, improves performance  and speed and ultimately unveils clearer sound.

 there are many doubters and believers on this subject and i don't know why that is, perhaps it is a matter of science vs spiritualism. science bases its perception on facts and observation(graphs and charts) and spiritualism bases its perception on inner truth and enlightenment(high end materials and superior build quality). 

post #249 of 256

i am sure people are going to want the links to the facts i stated but i didn't keep track of them and therefore my reply is void to those that are anal about facts.lol

post #250 of 256

di-HM2H.jpg

 

TROLL ALERT!


Edited by proton007 - 7/2/12 at 11:39pm
post #251 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griploc View Post

perhaps it is a matter of science vs spiritualism. science bases its perception on facts and observation(graphs and charts) and spiritualism bases its perception on inner truth and enlightenment(high end materials and superior build quality).

 

WTF are u talking about?!

 

What's next?  Shamanism??  So you did all this 'research' and didn't want to post any links or substantive arguments to an audience that exists/asks exactly for that.  Rather convenient, ya?  At least make a well reasoned subjective argument based on perceptions and experience w/ specific examples and use some form of inductive logic w/o invoking faith and teleology.  At this point I think you're just here to hear yourself talk and troll this thread.

 

/ignored

post #252 of 256
I swapped my buddy's $300 USB cable running to his DAC with the $5 cable running to his printer, that was three months ago and it's still that way. He hasn't noticed and he won't until he looks back there and sees it.
post #253 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I swapped my buddy's $300 USB cable running to his DAC with the $5 cable running to his printer, that was three months ago and it's still that way. He hasn't noticed and he won't until he looks back there and sees it.

 

One day he'll be delighted to discover why his pictures have been coming out so crisp and clear!  wink_face.gif

post #254 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeaj View Post

 

One day he'll be delighted to discover why his pictures have been coming out so crisp and clear!  wink_face.gif

 

The imaging is superb!

post #255 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I swapped my buddy's $300 USB cable running to his DAC with the $5 cable running to his printer, that was three months ago and it's still that way. He hasn't noticed and he won't until he looks back there and sees it.

You stole his $300 cable? blink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › USB cable supposedly improving DAC sound quality? How can I take other posts seriously after that?