KT120 got installed today. There is definitely a little more top and bottom end, mids did not change. They are HUGE tubes, if you put these in your amp and you are using it in the middle of a rack or shelf, be sure you will still have enough clearance on top. They add another inch or so to the height of a 6550.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cary SLI-80 vs Cary exciter headphone amp. Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite! - Page 9post #121 of 2544/30/13 at 5:30pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 2544/30/13 at 5:52pmpost #123 of 2544/30/13 at 7:11pmpost #124 of 2544/30/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
Looks like another F1 up for sale on AGon.....$3500post #125 of 2544/30/13 at 7:40pmpost #126 of 2546/6/13 at 6:24pmQuote:
F1 up for $2300!post #127 of 2548/19/13 at 9:04pmpost #128 of 2548/20/13 at 4:48am
Eric, my SLI-80 setup is as follow:
Speakers: 2 Nola Boxers with Straightwire Expresso wires.
Analog: Denon DL-62 TT with AES PH1-DJH phono pre
Digital: Cary Xciter DAC and Oppo BDP-83post #129 of 2548/20/13 at 5:11am
I love the setup David. The Denon table is a long time favorite of mine. I also am a fan of the AKM Dac chips and I have enjoyed the Cary when I have had a chance to listen to it. I have read a lot about the Nola's but have never heard them. I'll bet they are a sweet pairing with the Cary gear.
What cartridge are you running with the Denon?post #130 of 2548/20/13 at 7:31ampost #131 of 2548/20/13 at 2:04pmThread Starterpost #132 of 2548/20/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
Nice....I have been a Dynavector fan myself. Everything I have read about the Benz and Clearaudio look really good.post #133 of 2548/20/13 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by ardilla
I use the SLI-80 Sig with the Rega R7 speakers ( http://www.stereotimes.com/speak022306.shtml , transmission line, 3-way, 89 dB ). Really like it a lot.
My favorite headphone with the SLI-80 is the LCD-2 rev.1
I was listening to the 7's at HiFi Heaven. Very nice sound. It was an all Rega system. I have never heard the Audeze's on the SLI-80, but I loved the HD800's on it.post #134 of 2549/1/13 at 7:52pm
Looks like I may have a line on an SLI-80! I'll know in a couple of weeks as the owner is traveling, but I think we have a deal. I'll drop pics if it happens.
- Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 20 seconds ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › [EU|UK] Zu Audio Mission Premium Hi-Fi Power Cable (2M) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear