KT120 got installed today. There is definitely a little more top and bottom end, mids did not change. They are HUGE tubes, if you put these in your amp and you are using it in the middle of a rack or shelf, be sure you will still have enough clearance on top. They add another inch or so to the height of a 6550.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cary SLI-80 vs Cary exciter headphone amp. Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
- Headphone Impedance
Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite! - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Looks like another F1 up for sale on AGon.....$3500
F1 up for $2300!
Awfully quiet in here...You all must be busy listening to your SLI-80's....Can we get a speaker & HP review? What are people hooking the Cary up to?
Eric, my SLI-80 setup is as follow:
Speakers: 2 Nola Boxers with Straightwire Expresso wires.
Analog: Denon DL-62 TT with AES PH1-DJH phono pre
Digital: Cary Xciter DAC and Oppo BDP-83
I love the setup David. The Denon table is a long time favorite of mine. I also am a fan of the AKM Dac chips and I have enjoyed the Cary when I have had a chance to listen to it. I have read a lot about the Nola's but have never heard them. I'll bet they are a sweet pairing with the Cary gear.
What cartridge are you running with the Denon?
Nice....I have been a Dynavector fan myself. Everything I have read about the Benz and Clearaudio look really good.
I use the SLI-80 Sig with the Rega R7 speakers ( http://www.stereotimes.com/speak022306.shtml , transmission line, 3-way, 89 dB ). Really like it a lot.
My favorite headphone with the SLI-80 is the LCD-2 rev.1
I was listening to the 7's at HiFi Heaven. Very nice sound. It was an all Rega system. I have never heard the Audeze's on the SLI-80, but I loved the HD800's on it.
Looks like I may have a line on an SLI-80! I'll know in a couple of weeks as the owner is traveling, but I think we have a deal. I'll drop pics if it happens.
- Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 52 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3