My previous headphones were Equation RP-15, but were replaced with RP-21 when the yoke(?) developed a crack around the time Equation debuted it. Several years later, the RP-21 split in exactly the same spot. These headphones were babied, always unplugged before removed and placed in a safe spot, and left the room only once - in a box that was never unpacked. After years of trouble-free use, it split unexpectedly upon taking them off. To add to the misfortune, Equation cannot replace them because they are back ordered for several weeks. Considering this problem occurred twice, I am seriously doubting the wisdom of using a headphone that uses plastic at a stress point.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD448 vs Equation RP-21? Please help! Last post on 8/2/10 at 12:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- superlux hd-662F vs equation audio rp-21 ?? Last post on 9/13/11 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Equation RP-21 the right decision? input appreciated Last post on 8/30/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equation RP-21: made to fail
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 63/27/11 at 6:57pmpost #3 of 63/27/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 63/17/12 at 5:17pm
I have had the RP-21s for 4 years or so and have had this same problem with the cracked headband/yoke thing a couple of time. A couple of years ago when it happened I was able to send them in and get them repaired under the 2 year warranty.
They broke again a while ago. I would like to get them repaired if possible. Equation Audio seems to have gone out of business. Their website is down and their phone lines are disconnected. Does anyone know how I could get these fixed or should I just toss them and start looking for a new set of cans? Thanks!post #5 of 64/22/12 at 1:12pm
- Equation RP-21: made to fail
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 24 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear