My previous headphones were Equation RP-15, but were replaced with RP-21 when the yoke(?) developed a crack around the time Equation debuted it. Several years later, the RP-21 split in exactly the same spot. These headphones were babied, always unplugged before removed and placed in a safe spot, and left the room only once - in a box that was never unpacked. After years of trouble-free use, it split unexpectedly upon taking them off. To add to the misfortune, Equation cannot replace them because they are back ordered for several weeks. Considering this problem occurred twice, I am seriously doubting the wisdom of using a headphone that uses plastic at a stress point.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD448 vs Equation RP-21? Please help! Last post on 8/2/10 at 12:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- superlux hd-662F vs equation audio rp-21 ?? Last post on 9/13/11 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Equation RP-21 the right decision? input appreciated Last post on 8/30/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Equation RP-21: made to fail
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/27/11 at 6:57pmpost #3 of 63/27/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 63/17/12 at 5:17pm
I have had the RP-21s for 4 years or so and have had this same problem with the cracked headband/yoke thing a couple of time. A couple of years ago when it happened I was able to send them in and get them repaired under the 2 year warranty.
They broke again a while ago. I would like to get them repaired if possible. Equation Audio seems to have gone out of business. Their website is down and their phone lines are disconnected. Does anyone know how I could get these fixed or should I just toss them and start looking for a new set of cans? Thanks!post #5 of 64/22/12 at 1:12pm
- Equation RP-21: made to fail
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 12 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 46 seconds ago
- › ES100: HIFIMAN's New Flagship Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Getting a HUGO or HDVD800? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)