My previous headphones were Equation RP-15, but were replaced with RP-21 when the yoke(?) developed a crack around the time Equation debuted it. Several years later, the RP-21 split in exactly the same spot. These headphones were babied, always unplugged before removed and placed in a safe spot, and left the room only once - in a box that was never unpacked. After years of trouble-free use, it split unexpectedly upon taking them off. To add to the misfortune, Equation cannot replace them because they are back ordered for several weeks. Considering this problem occurred twice, I am seriously doubting the wisdom of using a headphone that uses plastic at a stress point.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD448 vs Equation RP-21? Please help! Last post on 8/2/10 at 12:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- superlux hd-662F vs equation audio rp-21 ?? Last post on 9/13/11 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Equation RP-21 the right decision? input appreciated Last post on 8/30/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of VSonic VSD3S in-ear headphones. *** As a Disclaimer I would like to mention the following. Often in my reviews I provide manufacture link if it's available, where...
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Equation RP-21: made to fail
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/27/11 at 6:57pmpost #3 of 63/27/11 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 63/17/12 at 5:17pm
I have had the RP-21s for 4 years or so and have had this same problem with the cracked headband/yoke thing a couple of time. A couple of years ago when it happened I was able to send them in and get them repaired under the 2 year warranty.
They broke again a while ago. I would like to get them repaired if possible. Equation Audio seems to have gone out of business. Their website is down and their phone lines are disconnected. Does anyone know how I could get these fixed or should I just toss them and start looking for a new set of cans? Thanks!post #5 of 64/22/12 at 1:12pm
- Equation RP-21: made to fail
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IRIVER IHP120 IHP120 & 140 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 38 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by twister6
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)