So I went to do the "tape mod" and one lousy screw held me up. Try as I might I could not get that ****** out! I was using those mini Philips screw drivers that opticians use, which usually serve me well with tiny screws. Alas I will have to invest in a longer handle Philips for more leverage. I would like to report that David Gilmour's On an Island sounds nice on these.
- categoryOver Ear
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7 G1 Monitor Headphones Green
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7 K1 Monitor Headphones Black
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7 P1 Monitor Headphones Pink
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7PP K Retro Style Monitor Headphones Black
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7PP W Retro Style Monitor Headphones White
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7 R1 Monitor Stereo Headphones Headphones Red
- itemPanasonic RP HTX7 RS Ryan Sheckler Signature Headphones
Related Forum Threads
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 or JVC HARX700? Last post on 8/28/11 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions: Sennheiser HD 201 - Panasonic RP-HTX7 Last post on 5/15/11 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 with a cMoy and sansa clip+ yeah!!! Last post on 3/23/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 vs. Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 3/18/11 at 1:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB500's? Opinions? Last post on 5/1/13 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
Panasonic RP-HTX7 Apreciation thread - Page 3post #31 of 404/23/12 at 9:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 404/27/12 at 7:04amThread Starter
shame that screw was being a bas***d hope you can get it out, as the tape mod really does help. for $30 they are a steal. i think the build quality is really good for the price, metal headband that is bomb proof (i managed to bend mine back into shape after someone bent them completly out of shape) the cups are plastic but very unlikely to break and the cable is really nice quality.post #33 of 404/27/12 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by randomkid
shame that screw was being a bas***d hope you can get it out, as the tape mod really does help. for $30 they are a steal. i think the build quality is really good for the price, metal headband that is bomb proof (i managed to bend mine back into shape after someone bent them completly out of shape) the cups are plastic but very unlikely to break and the cable is really nice quality.
Yeah I am going to pick up a beefier handled screwdriver today so I can wrestle that screw outta there. I am really curious to hear what the tape mod does to the sound. Does it bring out the mids quite a bit? I think I will pick up some flat black paint as well, as I am not too keen on the slime green colour. Or maybe I will do a Van Halen "Frankenstein" paint job on them...post #34 of 404/27/12 at 2:58pm
I picked up a screwdriver that did the trick for getting these phones apart. I used double sided acrylic tape on the holes. I did notice a slight improvement in the mids and the bass was tamed as well, perhaps a bit too much for my taste. The treble still seems a bit bright though. Perhaps only covering one hole would be sufficient? These phones sure do love metal. I have been playing Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets and these things just eat it up.post #35 of 4011/25/12 at 11:09pmpost #36 of 401/2/13 at 1:28pmpost #37 of 401/3/13 at 1:49amThread Starterpost #38 of 404/5/13 at 7:05am
I was wondering how you guys&gals handle the massive sound leaking ?
I have had my headphones now for some time and I love them but am only wearing the headphones at home.It is not because I blast it very loud from my mobile phone or my mp3 player or what not ... I just simply hear EVERYTHING outside of the phones, very clear. And other people have told me as well, and I have triede having other wear them so I can hear it myself.
I tried googling "how to fix sound leak" or different combos of these words with headphones but came up blank.
I am thinking myself of some type of sound isolation foam , small thin lining, or the stuff you use for cars, but can not find the equivalent for smaller items, some sort of foil to put into the "cups" of the headphones.
Maybe it is the soft "donut" , the foamy thing going around my ears that is the weak spot, I don't know, they sit pretty tight.
Did someone do a mod on this , maybe with some other phones , but basically the same problem ?
I would really appreciate any info anyone has on this subject, as these are amazing headphones with so much potential.
Edited by Vanillahead - 4/5/13 at 7:06ampost #39 of 404/5/13 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #40 of 405/14/13 at 2:55pm
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 Apreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 28 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 28 seconds ago
- › The Gaming Deals Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The Christiansen "DG" 300B Amplifier Build Thread 1 minute ago
- › New dude here 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70 4 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe