Hey i recently purchased the dt880 as my 600ohm headphones. They arrived today which is the fastest shipping i've had from the us. However, looking at the the fedex invoice the description was "refurbished audio equipment". The box didn't come sealed and it was full white not orange like i've seen in unboxing threads. Should i be worried or am i just being paranoid? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Cans? (NOT for positional audio). Last post on 9/14/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought & Tested, Sennheiser HD650 Beyerdynamic DT880 (600ohm) AKG K702 [18 August 2011] Last post on 2/28/12 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
DT880 600 ohm Questionpost #1 of 63/23/11 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/24/11 at 5:55amThread Starterpost #3 of 63/24/11 at 10:28am
Can you take some pictures? That might help get you a response.
In the meantime, maybe you can contact the store you bought it from and ask about it. Keep in mind some headphones come in boxes that are not sealed (e.g., my AKGs 271 & 702, which I purchased from authorized dealers).post #4 of 63/24/11 at 10:31am
If you paid the regular price for them but they are refurbished I'd be contacting the seller. But, it may be in the fine print somewhere in their listing that they are refurbs. I didn't buy from them because their return policy is screwy unless the headphones are defective.post #5 of 63/24/11 at 5:29pm
Maybe they were new but wrote that on purpose: It may also be something similar to writing USED ELECTRONICS or, ELECTRONICS WARRANTY RETURN or GIFT on a box so that it helps you avoid duty, although I'm not sure how Fedex works that way. I have had that done before. Best to ask the company if this is the case or exactly why it was marked that way for you first. What's the Seller? I am curious. Did you get a decent price on them?
Edited by nick n - 3/24/11 at 5:32pmpost #6 of 63/24/11 at 5:44pmThread Starter
Seller was proaudiostar. Price was very good i got them for 294 shipped to Australia. They've told me that is was described as refurbished for custom purposes so I guess i'm just being paranoid since i was sold something second hand from ebay before. The box might be an updated version. It came with a guarantee booklet instead of just a piece of paper i saw in the unbox threads. My amp/dac doesnt come until a month an so far these sounds pretty average straight into the computer jack.
- DT880 600 ohm Question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 16 seconds ago
- › Good Closed-Back Headphones Under $500 51 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 57 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott... 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch X10 Headphone Jack Plug Repair UK 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 9 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse