Hey i recently purchased the dt880 as my 600ohm headphones. They arrived today which is the fastest shipping i've had from the us. However, looking at the the fedex invoice the description was "refurbished audio equipment". The box didn't come sealed and it was full white not orange like i've seen in unboxing threads. Should i be worried or am i just being paranoid? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Cans? (NOT for positional audio). Last post on 9/14/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought & Tested, Sennheiser HD650 Beyerdynamic DT880 (600ohm) AKG K702 [18 August 2011] Last post on 2/28/12 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
DT880 600 ohm Questionpost #1 of 63/23/11 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/24/11 at 5:55amThread Starterpost #3 of 63/24/11 at 10:28am
Can you take some pictures? That might help get you a response.
In the meantime, maybe you can contact the store you bought it from and ask about it. Keep in mind some headphones come in boxes that are not sealed (e.g., my AKGs 271 & 702, which I purchased from authorized dealers).post #4 of 63/24/11 at 10:31am
If you paid the regular price for them but they are refurbished I'd be contacting the seller. But, it may be in the fine print somewhere in their listing that they are refurbs. I didn't buy from them because their return policy is screwy unless the headphones are defective.post #5 of 63/24/11 at 5:29pm
Maybe they were new but wrote that on purpose: It may also be something similar to writing USED ELECTRONICS or, ELECTRONICS WARRANTY RETURN or GIFT on a box so that it helps you avoid duty, although I'm not sure how Fedex works that way. I have had that done before. Best to ask the company if this is the case or exactly why it was marked that way for you first. What's the Seller? I am curious. Did you get a decent price on them?
Edited by nick n - 3/24/11 at 5:32pmpost #6 of 63/24/11 at 5:44pmThread Starter
Seller was proaudiostar. Price was very good i got them for 294 shipped to Australia. They've told me that is was described as refurbished for custom purposes so I guess i'm just being paranoid since i was sold something second hand from ebay before. The box might be an updated version. It came with a guarantee booklet instead of just a piece of paper i saw in the unbox threads. My amp/dac doesnt come until a month an so far these sounds pretty average straight into the computer jack.
- DT880 600 ohm Question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 14 seconds ago
- › JVC HA S160 or Koss KSC75..urgent 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › Best closed headphones for office use? (long list!) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 HEADPHONES REVIEW Serial No 001106 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-15) 7 minutes ago
- › I need much to learn... 7 minutes ago
- › Locus Design USB Cable Axis 4FT ( A to B) 8 minutes ago
- › FS: Aurisonics ASG-2 (Price Further Reduced) 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude