Hey i recently purchased the dt880 as my 600ohm headphones. They arrived today which is the fastest shipping i've had from the us. However, looking at the the fedex invoice the description was "refurbished audio equipment". The box didn't come sealed and it was full white not orange like i've seen in unboxing threads. Should i be worried or am i just being paranoid? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Cans? (NOT for positional audio). Last post on 9/14/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought & Tested, Sennheiser HD650 Beyerdynamic DT880 (600ohm) AKG K702 [18 August 2011] Last post on 2/28/12 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
DT880 600 ohm Questionpost #1 of 63/23/11 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/24/11 at 5:55amThread Starterpost #3 of 63/24/11 at 10:28am
Can you take some pictures? That might help get you a response.
In the meantime, maybe you can contact the store you bought it from and ask about it. Keep in mind some headphones come in boxes that are not sealed (e.g., my AKGs 271 & 702, which I purchased from authorized dealers).post #4 of 63/24/11 at 10:31am
If you paid the regular price for them but they are refurbished I'd be contacting the seller. But, it may be in the fine print somewhere in their listing that they are refurbs. I didn't buy from them because their return policy is screwy unless the headphones are defective.post #5 of 63/24/11 at 5:29pm
Maybe they were new but wrote that on purpose: It may also be something similar to writing USED ELECTRONICS or, ELECTRONICS WARRANTY RETURN or GIFT on a box so that it helps you avoid duty, although I'm not sure how Fedex works that way. I have had that done before. Best to ask the company if this is the case or exactly why it was marked that way for you first. What's the Seller? I am curious. Did you get a decent price on them?
Edited by nick n - 3/24/11 at 5:32pmpost #6 of 63/24/11 at 5:44pmThread Starter
Seller was proaudiostar. Price was very good i got them for 294 shipped to Australia. They've told me that is was described as refurbished for custom purposes so I guess i'm just being paranoid since i was sold something second hand from ebay before. The box might be an updated version. It came with a guarantee booklet instead of just a piece of paper i saw in the unbox threads. My amp/dac doesnt come until a month an so far these sounds pretty average straight into the computer jack.
- DT880 600 ohm Question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 47 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 51 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Equipment racks - yay or nay? 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Loving the Indian food now 4 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2