Hey i recently purchased the dt880 as my 600ohm headphones. They arrived today which is the fastest shipping i've had from the us. However, looking at the the fedex invoice the description was "refurbished audio equipment". The box didn't come sealed and it was full white not orange like i've seen in unboxing threads. Should i be worried or am i just being paranoid? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Cans? (NOT for positional audio). Last post on 9/14/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought & Tested, Sennheiser HD650 Beyerdynamic DT880 (600ohm) AKG K702 [18 August 2011] Last post on 2/28/12 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
DT880 600 ohm Questionpost #1 of 63/23/11 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/24/11 at 5:55amThread Starterpost #3 of 63/24/11 at 10:28am
Can you take some pictures? That might help get you a response.
In the meantime, maybe you can contact the store you bought it from and ask about it. Keep in mind some headphones come in boxes that are not sealed (e.g., my AKGs 271 & 702, which I purchased from authorized dealers).post #4 of 63/24/11 at 10:31am
If you paid the regular price for them but they are refurbished I'd be contacting the seller. But, it may be in the fine print somewhere in their listing that they are refurbs. I didn't buy from them because their return policy is screwy unless the headphones are defective.post #5 of 63/24/11 at 5:29pm
Maybe they were new but wrote that on purpose: It may also be something similar to writing USED ELECTRONICS or, ELECTRONICS WARRANTY RETURN or GIFT on a box so that it helps you avoid duty, although I'm not sure how Fedex works that way. I have had that done before. Best to ask the company if this is the case or exactly why it was marked that way for you first. What's the Seller? I am curious. Did you get a decent price on them?
Edited by nick n - 3/24/11 at 5:32pmpost #6 of 63/24/11 at 5:44pmThread Starter
Seller was proaudiostar. Price was very good i got them for 294 shipped to Australia. They've told me that is was described as refurbished for custom purposes so I guess i'm just being paranoid since i was sold something second hand from ebay before. The box might be an updated version. It came with a guarantee booklet instead of just a piece of paper i saw in the unbox threads. My amp/dac doesnt come until a month an so far these sounds pretty average straight into the computer jack.
- DT880 600 ohm Question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Over-the-ear Headphone for trance for price under 7000 INR (approx... 41 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Agressive V shaped headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...