huge soundstage which some considered as too huge is K701 and the other is HD800. check these out
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 3/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 3/24/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of 5 popular cans in the $250-350 range - K701, HD650, DT990/600ohm, SR325is, D2000 -... Last post on 6/20/13 at 6:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyer DT990 - 600 ohm version; my last pair of cans for a while? Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 but more detailed? Last post on 10/1/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Widest Soundstage? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 585/30/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
i heard k702 is an improvement from the k701post #18 of 585/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #19 of 585/30/12 at 9:27pmpost #20 of 585/30/12 at 9:36pmpost #21 of 585/30/12 at 9:37pmpost #22 of 586/2/12 at 5:58ampost #23 of 586/2/12 at 10:51am
The Ultrasone headphones project wider surround sound effect and they offers deep punchy bass with detailed mids highs.
Edited by ZARIM - 6/2/12 at 5:47pmpost #24 of 586/2/12 at 1:42pmpost #25 of 586/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #26 of 586/2/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dixter
Only you can answer if you can hear the difference....
To me 16 bit does not cut it...
Set up Foobar2000 on your laptop and install component WASAPI and set it for 24 bit...
it works fine with your E17... and you should notice the difference easily...
Don't forget to set the Windows for 24 bit or your laptop will drag the 24 bit down to 16 bit...
here's a site showing you how to get 24 bit out of your laptop/E17
This is a pretty silly post.post #27 of 586/2/12 at 9:01pm
I know this is an old thread, but for me it's easily the K501 (with the proper recording). Larger than the Q701, AD700 and everything else i've tried.
Larger than the HD-800? Possibly..I don't know.
I went into Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 and I about fell out of my chair. I was in this hotel's lobby with the K501 on my head and it felt like I was really there and all that elevator music was surrounding me and coming from outside my head.
Somehow the K501 doesn't screw up your music and make anything too distant. Not even vocals.post #28 of 586/22/12 at 11:23ampost #29 of 586/22/12 at 11:35am
Haha my thoughts exactly (regarding Dixter's post about upsampling to 24-bit for the 'easily noticeable difference')...Quote:
Care to elaborate? This sounds interesting... :)post #30 of 586/22/12 at 5:57pmQuote:
You could get Grado SR60's. Or if you save up a bit more for $130 try Sennheiser HD-518's.
- Widest Soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 15 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 6 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 9 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 10 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 11 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear