huge soundstage which some considered as too huge is K701 and the other is HD800. check these out
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 3/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 3/24/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of 5 popular cans in the $250-350 range - K701, HD650, DT990/600ohm, SR325is, D2000 -... Last post on 6/20/13 at 6:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyer DT990 - 600 ohm version; my last pair of cans for a while? Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 but more detailed? Last post on 10/1/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Widest Soundstage? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 585/30/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
i heard k702 is an improvement from the k701post #18 of 585/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #19 of 585/30/12 at 9:27pmpost #20 of 585/30/12 at 9:36pmpost #21 of 585/30/12 at 9:37pmpost #22 of 586/2/12 at 5:58ampost #23 of 586/2/12 at 10:51am
The Ultrasone headphones project wider surround sound effect and they offers deep punchy bass with detailed mids highs.
Edited by ZARIM - 6/2/12 at 5:47pmpost #24 of 586/2/12 at 1:42pmpost #25 of 586/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #26 of 586/2/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dixter
Only you can answer if you can hear the difference....
To me 16 bit does not cut it...
Set up Foobar2000 on your laptop and install component WASAPI and set it for 24 bit...
it works fine with your E17... and you should notice the difference easily...
Don't forget to set the Windows for 24 bit or your laptop will drag the 24 bit down to 16 bit...
here's a site showing you how to get 24 bit out of your laptop/E17
This is a pretty silly post.post #27 of 586/2/12 at 9:01pm
I know this is an old thread, but for me it's easily the K501 (with the proper recording). Larger than the Q701, AD700 and everything else i've tried.
Larger than the HD-800? Possibly..I don't know.
I went into Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 and I about fell out of my chair. I was in this hotel's lobby with the K501 on my head and it felt like I was really there and all that elevator music was surrounding me and coming from outside my head.
Somehow the K501 doesn't screw up your music and make anything too distant. Not even vocals.post #28 of 586/22/12 at 11:23ampost #29 of 586/22/12 at 11:35am
Haha my thoughts exactly (regarding Dixter's post about upsampling to 24-bit for the 'easily noticeable difference')...Quote:
Care to elaborate? This sounds interesting... :)post #30 of 586/22/12 at 5:57pmQuote:
You could get Grado SR60's. Or if you save up a bit more for $130 try Sennheiser HD-518's.
- Widest Soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 16 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 34 seconds ago
- › Etymotic hf3 Review 35 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 41 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...