huge soundstage which some considered as too huge is K701 and the other is HD800. check these out
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 3/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 3/24/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of 5 popular cans in the $250-350 range - K701, HD650, DT990/600ohm, SR325is, D2000 -... Last post on 6/20/13 at 6:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 but more detailed? Last post on 10/1/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Classical Music ... HD800 vs. HD650 vs. HD600? Last post on 7/19/11 at 6:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 to DT990 comparison (sort of head to head, sort of not) Last post on 6/16/11 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Widest Soundstage? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 585/30/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
i heard k702 is an improvement from the k701post #18 of 585/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #19 of 585/30/12 at 9:27pmpost #20 of 585/30/12 at 9:36pmpost #21 of 585/30/12 at 9:37pmpost #22 of 586/2/12 at 5:58ampost #23 of 586/2/12 at 10:51am
The Ultrasone headphones project wider surround sound effect and they offers deep punchy bass with detailed mids highs.
Edited by ZARIM - 6/2/12 at 5:47pmpost #24 of 586/2/12 at 1:42pmpost #25 of 586/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #26 of 586/2/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dixter
Only you can answer if you can hear the difference....
To me 16 bit does not cut it...
Set up Foobar2000 on your laptop and install component WASAPI and set it for 24 bit...
it works fine with your E17... and you should notice the difference easily...
Don't forget to set the Windows for 24 bit or your laptop will drag the 24 bit down to 16 bit...
here's a site showing you how to get 24 bit out of your laptop/E17
This is a pretty silly post.post #27 of 586/2/12 at 9:01pm
I know this is an old thread, but for me it's easily the K501 (with the proper recording). Larger than the Q701, AD700 and everything else i've tried.
Larger than the HD-800? Possibly..I don't know.
I went into Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 and I about fell out of my chair. I was in this hotel's lobby with the K501 on my head and it felt like I was really there and all that elevator music was surrounding me and coming from outside my head.
Somehow the K501 doesn't screw up your music and make anything too distant. Not even vocals.post #28 of 586/22/12 at 11:23ampost #29 of 586/22/12 at 11:35am
Haha my thoughts exactly (regarding Dixter's post about upsampling to 24-bit for the 'easily noticeable difference')...Quote:
Care to elaborate? This sounds interesting... :)post #30 of 586/22/12 at 5:57pmQuote:
You could get Grado SR60's. Or if you save up a bit more for $130 try Sennheiser HD-518's.
- Widest Soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Grado GS1000i Statement Series headphones - mint condition 5 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Want to buy: SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ Plus 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)