huge soundstage which some considered as too huge is K701 and the other is HD800. check these out
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 3/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 3/24/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of 5 popular cans in the $250-350 range - K701, HD650, DT990/600ohm, SR325is, D2000 -... Last post on 6/20/13 at 6:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 but more detailed? Last post on 10/1/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Classical Music ... HD800 vs. HD650 vs. HD600? Last post on 7/19/11 at 6:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 to DT990 comparison (sort of head to head, sort of not) Last post on 6/16/11 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Widest Soundstage? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 585/30/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
i heard k702 is an improvement from the k701post #18 of 585/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #19 of 585/30/12 at 9:27pmpost #20 of 585/30/12 at 9:36pmpost #21 of 585/30/12 at 9:37pmpost #22 of 586/2/12 at 5:58ampost #23 of 586/2/12 at 10:51am
The Ultrasone headphones project wider surround sound effect and they offers deep punchy bass with detailed mids highs.
Edited by ZARIM - 6/2/12 at 5:47pmpost #24 of 586/2/12 at 1:42pmpost #25 of 586/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #26 of 586/2/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dixter
Only you can answer if you can hear the difference....
To me 16 bit does not cut it...
Set up Foobar2000 on your laptop and install component WASAPI and set it for 24 bit...
it works fine with your E17... and you should notice the difference easily...
Don't forget to set the Windows for 24 bit or your laptop will drag the 24 bit down to 16 bit...
here's a site showing you how to get 24 bit out of your laptop/E17
This is a pretty silly post.post #27 of 586/2/12 at 9:01pm
I know this is an old thread, but for me it's easily the K501 (with the proper recording). Larger than the Q701, AD700 and everything else i've tried.
Larger than the HD-800? Possibly..I don't know.
I went into Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 and I about fell out of my chair. I was in this hotel's lobby with the K501 on my head and it felt like I was really there and all that elevator music was surrounding me and coming from outside my head.
Somehow the K501 doesn't screw up your music and make anything too distant. Not even vocals.post #28 of 586/22/12 at 11:23ampost #29 of 586/22/12 at 11:35am
Haha my thoughts exactly (regarding Dixter's post about upsampling to 24-bit for the 'easily noticeable difference')...Quote:
Care to elaborate? This sounds interesting... :)post #30 of 586/22/12 at 5:57pmQuote:
You could get Grado SR60's. Or if you save up a bit more for $130 try Sennheiser HD-518's.
- Widest Soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 57 seconds ago
- › How to play dsd files??? 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum or Alessandro MS1 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for Head-Fi Members in the Nashville / Middle Tennessee /... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)