huge soundstage which some considered as too huge is K701 and the other is HD800. check these out
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 3/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 3/24/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of 5 popular cans in the $250-350 range - K701, HD650, DT990/600ohm, SR325is, D2000 -... Last post on 6/20/13 at 6:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT990 - 600 ohm version; my last pair of cans for a while? Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 but more detailed? Last post on 10/1/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Widest Soundstage? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 585/30/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
i heard k702 is an improvement from the k701post #18 of 585/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #19 of 585/30/12 at 9:27pmpost #20 of 585/30/12 at 9:36pmpost #21 of 585/30/12 at 9:37pmpost #22 of 586/2/12 at 5:58ampost #23 of 586/2/12 at 10:51am
The Ultrasone headphones project wider surround sound effect and they offers deep punchy bass with detailed mids highs.
Edited by ZARIM - 6/2/12 at 5:47pmpost #24 of 586/2/12 at 1:42pmpost #25 of 586/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #26 of 586/2/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dixter
Only you can answer if you can hear the difference....
To me 16 bit does not cut it...
Set up Foobar2000 on your laptop and install component WASAPI and set it for 24 bit...
it works fine with your E17... and you should notice the difference easily...
Don't forget to set the Windows for 24 bit or your laptop will drag the 24 bit down to 16 bit...
here's a site showing you how to get 24 bit out of your laptop/E17
This is a pretty silly post.post #27 of 586/2/12 at 9:01pm
I know this is an old thread, but for me it's easily the K501 (with the proper recording). Larger than the Q701, AD700 and everything else i've tried.
Larger than the HD-800? Possibly..I don't know.
I went into Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 and I about fell out of my chair. I was in this hotel's lobby with the K501 on my head and it felt like I was really there and all that elevator music was surrounding me and coming from outside my head.
Somehow the K501 doesn't screw up your music and make anything too distant. Not even vocals.post #28 of 586/22/12 at 11:23ampost #29 of 586/22/12 at 11:35am
Haha my thoughts exactly (regarding Dixter's post about upsampling to 24-bit for the 'easily noticeable difference')...Quote:
Care to elaborate? This sounds interesting... :)post #30 of 586/22/12 at 5:57pmQuote:
You could get Grado SR60's. Or if you save up a bit more for $130 try Sennheiser HD-518's.
- Widest Soundstage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 2 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Pleneu M 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 5 minutes ago
- › LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse