Well the board has been nicely detailed by a member here. Did you see his version with all the notes included. I believe it is linked into the first post.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 64
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My Bifrost (non-USB) just got shipped. The delay in shipping has caused me to make some changes in my plans so it is very likely that I am going to end up selling it here pretty soon but I just had to listen to and see what it sounds like. So be on the look out if you want a non-USB Bifrost.
Got mine today. It powers on just fine but otherwise it's not working. At least, the optical input doesn't appear to be working. I've tested it with two computers (iMac and MacBook Pro) along with two different optical cables. I'm unable to test the coaxial input. Correct input is selected on the Bifrost and sound settings are correct on the computers.
Not looking for help -- just wanted to let everyone know in case someone else has the same issue. And btw, I've already contacted Schiit. It IS pretty though :)
Jason got back to me quick!! Within 30 minutes actually. Looks like I'm just gonna have to return it for another (probably an early failure). No biggie -- I'm going on vacation for a few days anyway.
Now I gotta dash off and get a few errands run and pack.
As I have limited time before early bed to catch flight for RMAF, my very early impressions are right out of the box, but were still quite an eye opener. They echo David's comparison with the DacMagic. I've always felt the DacMagic was good, but rough and the first violin bow stroke told me all I needed to know in my decision between the 2 DACs. I've only had my DacMagic with no other DAC to compare with until now, and thought that there was probably not much if any differences between them. I need more time to see if the Bifrost has negative side effects, but the initial impressions are that it is VERY smooth and has good clarity, it just has a clean sound which was missing on the DacMagic. Passages that used to make my cringe slightly on my DacMagic are effortlessly played with the Bifrost. Soundstage depth seems improved, width slightly. Positioning and separation appear to be similar. As David mentioned it just feels more alive. Looking forward to putting much more time on this.
Now I gotta dash off and get a few errands run and pack.
Bifrost impressions sounding good so far, hopefully you can spend some more time with your new DAC when you get back. Its great to see some companies like Schiit still make decently priced items unlike certain other companies, cough (a certain planar magnetic company) cough.
Just received mine: Initial impressions follow same suit as others. I was previously using a nuforce uDac2. With the Bifrost, there's definitely some micro details coming out that I have not heard before -- with some added spacial-ness (if that's a word) and better separation of instruments. I've got to head back to work from lunch, but am letting the Bifrost burn in with my ripped ALAC copy of Isotek burn-in tracks. I'll post more info along with my other gear in use tonight or tomorrow.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 24 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 37 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 46 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 56 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica Announces SonicFuel Earbud/Canalphone Hybrids:... 57 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)