Has anyone gotten their bifrost yet? Any prelim impressions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Owned this amp for just over a year and it is wonderful for the price. FiiO is one of the few companies that openly lists all of their specs to the public. I reason I bought this was primarily to...
The Bravo V2 is an attractive and inexpensive "pseudo-tube/hybrid" amp that is easily accessible to beginner DIYers if modifications are desired (which they definitely are as I will expand on...
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Let the feedback and reviews commence.
Some people who ordered early without USB should have had theirs ship on Friday. I am hanging out. My home rig has gone from having the choice of a matrix and DacMagic down to now having to use my iBasso d12 as the DAC. The Bifrost will be a big improvement. I am looking forward to comparing the optical and USB inputs. Because I use a Mac as source I don't really have a coax output. This means that I can output 192 via pure music software upsampling but only 96 via optical.
Let the feedback and reviews commence.
Don't think schiit has shipped out all of the non-USB version yet :[ Still waiting on my trackcing
At least you wont have long to wait.
People should start receiving their non usb units about now. Cant wait for the initial thoughts and reviews. Will hopefully have mine in a week too.
Got mine today. I was about the 20th order placed on Day 1. Lest everyone start to wonder, I sent in a prepaid overnight shipping label. You didn't get skipped.
To set the stage a bit, I have relatively limited experience with DACs. Up to now, I have had the Dacmagic and the Cobra D10 units. Both were a decent improvement over the Squeezebox internal DACs.
With just a few hours on it, I can say that the Bifrost is significantly better than the Dacmagic. The primary quality that I notice is a much larger sense of space and soundstage. This observation is made using HD600 headphones and the Asgard amp - a combination that I have been using for 7 months in conjunction with the Dacmagic. The sound of the Bifrost is, to use a cliche, 'organic'. Nothing calls attention to itself, but everything sounds alive. By comparison, the Dacmagic was a bit 'shimmery' in a way that is dazzling at first but wears badly over the hours.
Physically, the Bifrost is identical to the Asgard with the exception of the volume knob. The two look great together. And for those of you interested in heat output, the Bifrost runs just warm - like you would expect from a unit with electricity running through it. By comparison to the egg-fryer (Asgard), it is positively cool.
I am not sure how much break-in will factor in on the Bifrost. But I have reference recordings, as we all do, that will help me to accurately assess changes over the hours.
Based on this extremely limited session, I can assure you that I am saving for the Statement product to use in my listening room!
Edited by DavidNighorn - 10/11/11 at 8:39pm
Pish overnight shipping what a waste of money gotta love how fedex ground shipping takes only 1 day to deliver me the item.
Hopefully Schiit can ship it out by the end of the week :[. Sold my nfb-12 to make room for the Biforst and now my Lyr and LCD2 is all lonely.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 2 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 41 seconds ago
- › Grado - HF2's original owner 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › What headphones are these? From the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headset for $70 (max) 6 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3