Ahhhh, ISO 9001....Say what you do, Do what you Say, Show documentation.
Fun stuff...in the end it works out for a better product though.
Thanks Jason for the heads up. I am sure that many manufacturers wouldn't even tell people if they were shipping a couple of days late.
But to compensate for the extreme heartache that many people are feeling.... do you have any news on intermediate or statement Schiit? I am sure there is something that you can announce that will get tongues wagging....
Nobody has their order status updated yet because . . . we need a couple more days, I'm afraid.
In the process of getting ISO9001 certified, our PC board assembly house has been slooooowwww. So the boards are just trickling in. The good news is that it looks like we'll have much better supply than we expected, so we should be able to clear the preorders much more quickly than I thought. But--bottom line--they're shipping next week, not this week.
Sorry for the ongoing delays.
All the best,
Ah, not an another week. It will probably take a couple of weeks to ship it Norway. Then I will probably not have untill late October/early November. I've never waited such a long time for a product. I think I preordered in May(?)
I was going to wait for reviews to start coming in before I order my Bifrost but since I'm so happy with my Lyr I thought "what the heck". Hopefully the back order gets cleared quickly!!!
Latest news on Bifrost from Schiit
Here's what happened, if you're interested: our PC board assembly house got stuck in the middle of ISO9001 certification as we entered Bifrost production. The translation: they're delivering more slowly than we expected, and USB cards are especially impacted. I'd expect most of the Bifrosts shipped in the first week will be sans USB. The good news is that once the floodgates open, they open a lot wider than we hoped, so we'll be able to clear the pre-orders more quickly.
Okay, to answer a few more questions:
1. Yes, things around here are a little insane right now. We're basically living at the PCB assembly house at the moment. And yes, this is a local place--about 20 minutes away from our office.
2. Internal photos? Yeah, we had a few more important things to do. Sorry about that. An internal shot will go up today.
3. Shipping Monday? No. End of week for the first non-USB units. Assuming the board house doesn't get distracted by ISO again, or have someone out due to illness. See below.
4. Why the ongoing delays? Because this is a VERY different animal than an amplifier. First, we cannot make units ourselves, as we have done in the past with amps. The surface-mount components are the size of fly crap, so we are completely dependent on the boardhouse. We have to wait for the first article, program it, test it, and release production if it meets spec. If it doesn't, repeat as necessary. Also, if the board house tells us, "We're going to ship the 22nd," then we take them at their word. If they subsequently say, "Ah, the 24th, the 27th, ah, I mean the 2nd, and that's for the analog boards, not the motherboard or the USB board," there is nothing we can do about it. Except apologize to you.
5. Have we learned our lesson? Absolutely. You'll be hearing a lot less from us about what's coming when, until we actually have product in hand. That means you'll be able to confidently pre-order based on a real timetable that will be a lot shorter than 2 months. The bad news is, this will mean you won't hear about our new products for a while. I expect we will still have something (or somethings) new out this year, and something (or somethings) else out in Q1 2012. But that's all I can say at the moment.
All the best,