Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 37

post #541 of 3320

Hell, all I would want is a black option for the top level stuff.  Otherwise I'd have to anodize the stuff myself and lose all that Schiit.

post #542 of 3320

I hear Tubbs has three of them
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Ugh, the font alone screams 80's Miami and Don Johnson.  All that's missing is the hot pink neon.  At least to my ears.  tongue_smile.gif  

 

 



 

post #543 of 3320


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgladwin85 View Post

If theres one small thing I dont like about the material used for at least for what i've seen so far, its that while i love the brushed look, i wish the texture was smoother.  It seems as though the brushed crevices would catch dirt and make it hard to dust off.  But i'm merely nitpicking.



When you say "seen so far," do you mean actual pieces or photos/renderings?  I was in their dealer's showroom this past Saturday listening to a Lyr, and though I didn't run my fingers across its surface or make a detailed examination, it did not look especially rough-textured to me, at least not to the point where there would be crevices deep enough to hold dust.

 

(BTW, Jason, the fellow I spoke to - not the principal - said he'd love for you to call re the Bifrost.  But likely you've already communicated with someone there about it.)

post #544 of 3320

I actually don't mind the aesthetics of any of them.. I own the PS Audio DLIII & Matrix Mini-i.  Was considering the Bel Canto 1.5 but now that the Bifrost is coming, I think it will be an awesome look for my Head-Fi setup. Not to mention that I expect the combo to sound phenomenal.

post #545 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by judmarc View Post


 



When you say "seen so far," do you mean actual pieces or photos/renderings?  I was in their dealer's showroom this past Saturday listening to a Lyr, and though I didn't run my fingers across its surface or make a detailed examination, it did not look especially rough-textured to me, at least not to the point where there would be crevices deep enough to hold dust.

 

(BTW, Jason, the fellow I spoke to - not the principal - said he'd love for you to call re the Bifrost.  But likely you've already communicated with someone there about it.)



What dealer?  I'm a PA guy too...Southeast.  Curious to know what dealers are carrying Schitt in PA.

post #546 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure View Post
What dealer?  I'm a PA guy too...Southeast.  Curious to know what dealers are carrying Schitt in PA


Schiit has dealers???  That surprises me as with the prices they charge (very affordable) and being US-made, I don't know how they could make any money other than selling direct!

 

post #547 of 3320

P1014598.jpg

 

Now that is a good-looking, informative display. Firewire too!

post #548 of 3320
Everytime I look at those headphone jack and LEDs, I laugh a lot.
post #549 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post

Everytime I look at those headphone jack and LEDs, I laugh a lot.


I didn't notice that before, but now the lulz won't stop...

post #550 of 3320

That's one of the best DACs made, btw... rolleyes.gif

post #551 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

That's one of the best DACs made, btw... rolleyes.gif


You can't help but laugh, though, despite it being 'the best'. tongue.gif

It's even got dangling red haired bangs and a small goatee, heh.
Edited by Maxvla - 7/12/11 at 9:45pm
post #552 of 3320

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

You can't help but laugh, though, despite it being 'the best'. tongue.gif

It's even got dangling red haired bangs and a small goatee, heh.


I resemble that last remark; are you talking about me or the DAC?

biggrin.gif

 

post #553 of 3320
In my wait for the statement amp and DAC, I have weakened and ordered a Bifrost. Now I can sit back and wait until early September rather than Christmas time. :-)
post #554 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post

In my wait for the statement amp and DAC, I have weakened and ordered a Bifrost. Now I can sit back and wait until early September rather than Christmas time. :-)

See, wasn't that easy. Forget that willpower stuff. It's no good.
post #555 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post

In my wait for the statement amp and DAC, I have weakened and ordered a Bifrost. Now I can sit back and wait until early September rather than Christmas time. :-)


Then when the time comes, you can sell your Schiit and buy some more Schiit. And I'm sure that you will make a statement.blink.gif
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.