As I saw there is a small button on the front beside indicated leds, I supposed it is the switching outputs' one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is this a stupid question or wouldn't this do what you want?
Not these specific versions perhaps. I know many of you would want the $4000, blessed by Jesus, version :)
Noticed in a photo stream somewhere a picture of Schiit amps burning in. Wondered if Bifrosts will be fully burned in when shipped or if we can expect that they will need some burn-in at home before they sound their best.
Hi, shaunybaby. As I mentioned above, there's a photostream somewhere (wish I remembered exactly where - if I locate it I'll let you know, or maybe someone else here will recognize it from my description) with captions that was sort of "A Day in the Life of Schiit," showing their offices, Mike and Jason doing designs, their production lead Rina Slayter, etc. One of the photos was captioned "[Name of Schiit Amp] burning in" or something like that, and showed a couple of rows of amps sitting on shelves.
I haven't e-mailed them to ask if this was an extra special shipment; I assumed it wasn't and that they did the burn-in procedure for pretty much everything they send out. Anyhow, I've posted the question about Bifrost burn-in here, so if Jason answers "WTF burn-in?" or something similar then we'll know either I hallucinated the photostream or that *was* a special shipment of amps.
Burn-in? Yep, everything's burned in for a day before we ship. This isn't for audio quality, though--this is to catch early failures. Our amps usually improve over the next 50-100 hours of run time beyond our burn-in. Bifrost will probably be similar.
Power supply scrimping? Uh, no. Like I've said before, we don't do wall-warts, we don't do switching power supplies. Bifrost uses a 4X over-specced EI core transformer (the same kind of transformer we use on all of our gear,) feeding 5 stages of regulation, with low-noise regulators in critical sections, and over a dozen conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors--which you typically only find on very, very expensive gear. Bifrost is no joke--it's a serious DAC!
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15... 1 second ago
- › FS: New E16 Breeze Audio DamcAmp 51 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › PC Gaming / voice recording setup 1 minute ago
- › Munich HIGH END 2015 Germany 14. - 17. May 2015 1 minute ago
- › WTB: MSB Analog DAC 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Another take on computer speakers (2.0, 4" - 5", 160 USD) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2