As I saw there is a small button on the front beside indicated leds, I supposed it is the switching outputs' one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 12/23/16 at 8:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #482 of 33377/10/11 at 7:16pmpost #483 of 33377/10/11 at 7:33pm
Is this a stupid question or wouldn't this do what you want?
Not these specific versions perhaps. I know many of you would want the $4000, blessed by Jesus, version :)post #484 of 33377/11/11 at 12:59ampost #485 of 33377/11/11 at 3:30ampost #486 of 33377/11/11 at 3:51amThread Starterpost #487 of 33377/11/11 at 4:33am
Noticed in a photo stream somewhere a picture of Schiit amps burning in. Wondered if Bifrosts will be fully burned in when shipped or if we can expect that they will need some burn-in at home before they sound their best.post #488 of 33377/11/11 at 5:10ampost #489 of 33377/11/11 at 5:19amThread Starterpost #490 of 33377/11/11 at 5:45ampost #491 of 33377/11/11 at 5:57ampost #492 of 33377/11/11 at 7:00amQuote:
Hi, shaunybaby. As I mentioned above, there's a photostream somewhere (wish I remembered exactly where - if I locate it I'll let you know, or maybe someone else here will recognize it from my description) with captions that was sort of "A Day in the Life of Schiit," showing their offices, Mike and Jason doing designs, their production lead Rina Slayter, etc. One of the photos was captioned "[Name of Schiit Amp] burning in" or something like that, and showed a couple of rows of amps sitting on shelves.
I haven't e-mailed them to ask if this was an extra special shipment; I assumed it wasn't and that they did the burn-in procedure for pretty much everything they send out. Anyhow, I've posted the question about Bifrost burn-in here, so if Jason answers "WTF burn-in?" or something similar then we'll know either I hallucinated the photostream or that *was* a special shipment of amps.post #493 of 33377/11/11 at 7:07ampost #494 of 33377/11/11 at 7:07ampost #495 of 33377/11/11 at 7:14am
Burn-in? Yep, everything's burned in for a day before we ship. This isn't for audio quality, though--this is to catch early failures. Our amps usually improve over the next 50-100 hours of run time beyond our burn-in. Bifrost will probably be similar.
Power supply scrimping? Uh, no. Like I've said before, we don't do wall-warts, we don't do switching power supplies. Bifrost uses a 4X over-specced EI core transformer (the same kind of transformer we use on all of our gear,) feeding 5 stages of regulation, with low-noise regulators in critical sections, and over a dozen conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors--which you typically only find on very, very expensive gear. Bifrost is no joke--it's a serious DAC!
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Music Game IX 7 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Wants to Know....Your Ideal Earphone Design 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Introduction, Advices and Help 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 6 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear