As I saw there is a small button on the front beside indicated leds, I supposed it is the switching outputs' one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is this a stupid question or wouldn't this do what you want?
Not these specific versions perhaps. I know many of you would want the $4000, blessed by Jesus, version :)
Noticed in a photo stream somewhere a picture of Schiit amps burning in. Wondered if Bifrosts will be fully burned in when shipped or if we can expect that they will need some burn-in at home before they sound their best.
Hi, shaunybaby. As I mentioned above, there's a photostream somewhere (wish I remembered exactly where - if I locate it I'll let you know, or maybe someone else here will recognize it from my description) with captions that was sort of "A Day in the Life of Schiit," showing their offices, Mike and Jason doing designs, their production lead Rina Slayter, etc. One of the photos was captioned "[Name of Schiit Amp] burning in" or something like that, and showed a couple of rows of amps sitting on shelves.
I haven't e-mailed them to ask if this was an extra special shipment; I assumed it wasn't and that they did the burn-in procedure for pretty much everything they send out. Anyhow, I've posted the question about Bifrost burn-in here, so if Jason answers "WTF burn-in?" or something similar then we'll know either I hallucinated the photostream or that *was* a special shipment of amps.
Burn-in? Yep, everything's burned in for a day before we ship. This isn't for audio quality, though--this is to catch early failures. Our amps usually improve over the next 50-100 hours of run time beyond our burn-in. Bifrost will probably be similar.
Power supply scrimping? Uh, no. Like I've said before, we don't do wall-warts, we don't do switching power supplies. Bifrost uses a 4X over-specced EI core transformer (the same kind of transformer we use on all of our gear,) feeding 5 stages of regulation, with low-noise regulators in critical sections, and over a dozen conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors--which you typically only find on very, very expensive gear. Bifrost is no joke--it's a serious DAC!
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 16 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 3 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8250 vs 8251 vs Dayton vs Micca speakers 5 minutes ago
- › Post any photograph you want! 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)