Much sexier when placing beside one of their amps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 33367/3/11 at 7:25pmpost #363 of 33367/4/11 at 2:46ampost #364 of 33367/4/11 at 7:45am
Certainly is tempting to replace my HDP with a Bifrost, but not having an analog input is a non-starter for me with my setup, however I do understand the entry level aspect. Hope the next models have this feature.post #365 of 33367/4/11 at 7:47ampost #366 of 33367/4/11 at 8:23ampost #367 of 33367/4/11 at 9:00amQuote:
I doubt it. I'm sure Jason would have posted to let us know. Also he said he was going to give those who already purchased via Pay-Pal (a.k.a me) the chance to re-order and not pay until it was shipped.....I haven't gotten any info.post #368 of 33367/4/11 at 12:04pm
Yep, the "authorize only, charge only when shipped" deal is working on PayPal (basically, now we're only using them for processing, but the account and everything is on our site.)
We'll be contacting everyone on Tuesday after the holiday and canceling/re-placing orders--I'll go change the site FAQ about ordering right now.
All the best,
Jasonpost #369 of 33367/4/11 at 12:57pm
1) You should consider also Amazon Payments... I have used it and is IMHO better than Google Checkout
2) I see no Google Checkout there (or I didn't in the morning)
3) No plans for Lyr+Bifrost combo deals?post #370 of 33367/4/11 at 12:58pmpost #371 of 33367/4/11 at 2:09pm
Hooked, To have an Analog input would either make it a Preamp, Integrated Amp, Headphone Amp, or have it including a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). More and more Integrated Amps and Headphone Amps are including a DAC (Usually cheaply implemented), but since Schiit labels and is marketing the Bifrost as a DAC, and they market their own range of Headphone Amplifiers it's not likely that you'll see a Jack of all trades (Master of None!) product out of Schiit anytime soon.
The HDP is such a Jack of All Trades product. It's versatile and surprisingly good considering it's an all in one unit with an ultra cheap external power supply. For higher performance separates are the way to go, at least that has always been my findings. Not to mention the whole Made in the USA thing.post #372 of 33367/4/11 at 2:22pm
A couple of quick answers:
1. No combo deals, unless we're allowed to raise the price on the products to the levels they should sell at, then provide a discount from there. Kidding, of course.
2. No analog inputs on any DAC product, no volume controls, nothing preamplifierish. Too many compromises.
3. No Amazon Payments or Google right now--they don't integrate well with the new cart. The current system allows you to pay with a credit card or PayPal account, which'll have to be enough for now.
And now, off to get stuff ready for watching fireworks tonight!
Jasonpost #373 of 33367/4/11 at 2:29pmJason,
Time to update this part of your FAQ, since you now have your own DACs:Quote:Originally Posted by Schiit.com
But, wouldn’t a separate D/A converter sound better?
Sure it would.
Also, now that Google payments are not an option, I assume orders already placed with Google are fine?
Thanks.post #374 of 33367/4/11 at 2:56pm
Yep, no problem on that front! We'll try to put it back in the future, but it just doesn't want to do international shipments for the moment.post #375 of 33367/4/11 at 4:10pmQuote:
Liking this point
Have a great fireworks show, happy 4th.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 27 seconds ago
- › Open Back Headphones Under $500 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 7 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear