Much sexier when placing beside one of their amps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 12/23/16 at 8:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 33377/3/11 at 7:25pmpost #363 of 33377/4/11 at 2:46ampost #364 of 33377/4/11 at 7:45am
Certainly is tempting to replace my HDP with a Bifrost, but not having an analog input is a non-starter for me with my setup, however I do understand the entry level aspect. Hope the next models have this feature.post #365 of 33377/4/11 at 7:47ampost #366 of 33377/4/11 at 8:23ampost #367 of 33377/4/11 at 9:00amQuote:
I doubt it. I'm sure Jason would have posted to let us know. Also he said he was going to give those who already purchased via Pay-Pal (a.k.a me) the chance to re-order and not pay until it was shipped.....I haven't gotten any info.post #368 of 33377/4/11 at 12:04pm
Yep, the "authorize only, charge only when shipped" deal is working on PayPal (basically, now we're only using them for processing, but the account and everything is on our site.)
We'll be contacting everyone on Tuesday after the holiday and canceling/re-placing orders--I'll go change the site FAQ about ordering right now.
All the best,
Jasonpost #369 of 33377/4/11 at 12:57pm
1) You should consider also Amazon Payments... I have used it and is IMHO better than Google Checkout
2) I see no Google Checkout there (or I didn't in the morning)
3) No plans for Lyr+Bifrost combo deals?post #370 of 33377/4/11 at 12:58pmpost #371 of 33377/4/11 at 2:09pm
Hooked, To have an Analog input would either make it a Preamp, Integrated Amp, Headphone Amp, or have it including a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). More and more Integrated Amps and Headphone Amps are including a DAC (Usually cheaply implemented), but since Schiit labels and is marketing the Bifrost as a DAC, and they market their own range of Headphone Amplifiers it's not likely that you'll see a Jack of all trades (Master of None!) product out of Schiit anytime soon.
The HDP is such a Jack of All Trades product. It's versatile and surprisingly good considering it's an all in one unit with an ultra cheap external power supply. For higher performance separates are the way to go, at least that has always been my findings. Not to mention the whole Made in the USA thing.post #372 of 33377/4/11 at 2:22pm
A couple of quick answers:
1. No combo deals, unless we're allowed to raise the price on the products to the levels they should sell at, then provide a discount from there. Kidding, of course.
2. No analog inputs on any DAC product, no volume controls, nothing preamplifierish. Too many compromises.
3. No Amazon Payments or Google right now--they don't integrate well with the new cart. The current system allows you to pay with a credit card or PayPal account, which'll have to be enough for now.
And now, off to get stuff ready for watching fireworks tonight!
Jasonpost #373 of 33377/4/11 at 2:29pmJason,
Time to update this part of your FAQ, since you now have your own DACs:Quote:Originally Posted by Schiit.com
But, wouldn’t a separate D/A converter sound better?
Sure it would.
Also, now that Google payments are not an option, I assume orders already placed with Google are fine?
Thanks.post #374 of 33377/4/11 at 2:56pm
Yep, no problem on that front! We'll try to put it back in the future, but it just doesn't want to do international shipments for the moment.post #375 of 33377/4/11 at 4:10pmQuote:
Liking this point
Have a great fireworks show, happy 4th.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 53 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Noble X Universal IEM. 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 3 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear