Much sexier when placing beside one of their amps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 1/5/13 at 11:53pm in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Certainly is tempting to replace my HDP with a Bifrost, but not having an analog input is a non-starter for me with my setup, however I do understand the entry level aspect. Hope the next models have this feature.
I doubt it. I'm sure Jason would have posted to let us know. Also he said he was going to give those who already purchased via Pay-Pal (a.k.a me) the chance to re-order and not pay until it was shipped.....I haven't gotten any info.
Yep, the "authorize only, charge only when shipped" deal is working on PayPal (basically, now we're only using them for processing, but the account and everything is on our site.)
We'll be contacting everyone on Tuesday after the holiday and canceling/re-placing orders--I'll go change the site FAQ about ordering right now.
All the best,
1) You should consider also Amazon Payments... I have used it and is IMHO better than Google Checkout
2) I see no Google Checkout there (or I didn't in the morning)
3) No plans for Lyr+Bifrost combo deals?
Hooked, To have an Analog input would either make it a Preamp, Integrated Amp, Headphone Amp, or have it including a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). More and more Integrated Amps and Headphone Amps are including a DAC (Usually cheaply implemented), but since Schiit labels and is marketing the Bifrost as a DAC, and they market their own range of Headphone Amplifiers it's not likely that you'll see a Jack of all trades (Master of None!) product out of Schiit anytime soon.
The HDP is such a Jack of All Trades product. It's versatile and surprisingly good considering it's an all in one unit with an ultra cheap external power supply. For higher performance separates are the way to go, at least that has always been my findings. Not to mention the whole Made in the USA thing.
A couple of quick answers:
1. No combo deals, unless we're allowed to raise the price on the products to the levels they should sell at, then provide a discount from there. Kidding, of course.
2. No analog inputs on any DAC product, no volume controls, nothing preamplifierish. Too many compromises.
3. No Amazon Payments or Google right now--they don't integrate well with the new cart. The current system allows you to pay with a credit card or PayPal account, which'll have to be enough for now.
And now, off to get stuff ready for watching fireworks tonight!
Time to update this part of your FAQ, since you now have your own DACs:
But, wouldn’t a separate D/A converter sound better?
Sure it would.
Also, now that Google payments are not an option, I assume orders already placed with Google are fine?
Yep, no problem on that front! We'll try to put it back in the future, but it just doesn't want to do international shipments for the moment.
Liking this point
Have a great fireworks show, happy 4th.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 8 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Interconnect DIY question: which side to ground? 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 (PRISTINE AS UNUSED) 7 minutes ago
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi