Much sexier when placing beside one of their amps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Certainly is tempting to replace my HDP with a Bifrost, but not having an analog input is a non-starter for me with my setup, however I do understand the entry level aspect. Hope the next models have this feature.
I doubt it. I'm sure Jason would have posted to let us know. Also he said he was going to give those who already purchased via Pay-Pal (a.k.a me) the chance to re-order and not pay until it was shipped.....I haven't gotten any info.
Yep, the "authorize only, charge only when shipped" deal is working on PayPal (basically, now we're only using them for processing, but the account and everything is on our site.)
We'll be contacting everyone on Tuesday after the holiday and canceling/re-placing orders--I'll go change the site FAQ about ordering right now.
All the best,
1) You should consider also Amazon Payments... I have used it and is IMHO better than Google Checkout
2) I see no Google Checkout there (or I didn't in the morning)
3) No plans for Lyr+Bifrost combo deals?
Hooked, To have an Analog input would either make it a Preamp, Integrated Amp, Headphone Amp, or have it including a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). More and more Integrated Amps and Headphone Amps are including a DAC (Usually cheaply implemented), but since Schiit labels and is marketing the Bifrost as a DAC, and they market their own range of Headphone Amplifiers it's not likely that you'll see a Jack of all trades (Master of None!) product out of Schiit anytime soon.
The HDP is such a Jack of All Trades product. It's versatile and surprisingly good considering it's an all in one unit with an ultra cheap external power supply. For higher performance separates are the way to go, at least that has always been my findings. Not to mention the whole Made in the USA thing.
A couple of quick answers:
1. No combo deals, unless we're allowed to raise the price on the products to the levels they should sell at, then provide a discount from there. Kidding, of course.
2. No analog inputs on any DAC product, no volume controls, nothing preamplifierish. Too many compromises.
3. No Amazon Payments or Google right now--they don't integrate well with the new cart. The current system allows you to pay with a credit card or PayPal account, which'll have to be enough for now.
And now, off to get stuff ready for watching fireworks tonight!
Time to update this part of your FAQ, since you now have your own DACs:
But, wouldn’t a separate D/A converter sound better?
Sure it would.
Also, now that Google payments are not an option, I assume orders already placed with Google are fine?
Yep, no problem on that front! We'll try to put it back in the future, but it just doesn't want to do international shipments for the moment.
Liking this point
Have a great fireworks show, happy 4th.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 17 seconds ago
- › Synergistic Research "Atmosphere" 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Replacement for Etymotic hf3 -- or just get another pair? 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Meet 12/06/14 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 4 minutes ago
- › x3 - Freeze while playing 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)