Much sexier when placing beside one of their amps
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 10/29/12 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Certainly is tempting to replace my HDP with a Bifrost, but not having an analog input is a non-starter for me with my setup, however I do understand the entry level aspect. Hope the next models have this feature.
I doubt it. I'm sure Jason would have posted to let us know. Also he said he was going to give those who already purchased via Pay-Pal (a.k.a me) the chance to re-order and not pay until it was shipped.....I haven't gotten any info.
Yep, the "authorize only, charge only when shipped" deal is working on PayPal (basically, now we're only using them for processing, but the account and everything is on our site.)
We'll be contacting everyone on Tuesday after the holiday and canceling/re-placing orders--I'll go change the site FAQ about ordering right now.
All the best,
1) You should consider also Amazon Payments... I have used it and is IMHO better than Google Checkout
2) I see no Google Checkout there (or I didn't in the morning)
3) No plans for Lyr+Bifrost combo deals?
Hooked, To have an Analog input would either make it a Preamp, Integrated Amp, Headphone Amp, or have it including a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). More and more Integrated Amps and Headphone Amps are including a DAC (Usually cheaply implemented), but since Schiit labels and is marketing the Bifrost as a DAC, and they market their own range of Headphone Amplifiers it's not likely that you'll see a Jack of all trades (Master of None!) product out of Schiit anytime soon.
The HDP is such a Jack of All Trades product. It's versatile and surprisingly good considering it's an all in one unit with an ultra cheap external power supply. For higher performance separates are the way to go, at least that has always been my findings. Not to mention the whole Made in the USA thing.
A couple of quick answers:
1. No combo deals, unless we're allowed to raise the price on the products to the levels they should sell at, then provide a discount from there. Kidding, of course.
2. No analog inputs on any DAC product, no volume controls, nothing preamplifierish. Too many compromises.
3. No Amazon Payments or Google right now--they don't integrate well with the new cart. The current system allows you to pay with a credit card or PayPal account, which'll have to be enough for now.
And now, off to get stuff ready for watching fireworks tonight!
Time to update this part of your FAQ, since you now have your own DACs:
But, wouldn’t a separate D/A converter sound better?
Sure it would.
Also, now that Google payments are not an option, I assume orders already placed with Google are fine?
Yep, no problem on that front! We'll try to put it back in the future, but it just doesn't want to do international shipments for the moment.
Liking this point
Have a great fireworks show, happy 4th.
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- › Looking for a amp that could be used with my pc,and could be portable? 35 seconds ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 2 minutes ago
- › Seeking help for a new pair of headphones please 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Takato's Giant Wanted Ad (Big update - 3/1/15) 7 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3