- 536 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: United States, California,
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement DAC section for NuForce Icon HDP? Last post on 5/3/13 at 9:39pm in Computer Audio
- M-Audio 2496 sound card, do I need a DAC? Last post on 5/22/14 at 11:35am in Computer Audio
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC pairing with the Darkstar Last post on 12/23/16 at 8:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Musical Fidelity A3.24 vs. Schiit Bifrost Last post on 10/22/12 at 3:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Prize: 189 Euro. DAC performance is less good as you can read in many other reviews. Personally I find the DAC good enough. But then again, I do not have another to compare. Connectivity is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 219post #3271 of 33365/25/13 at 11:20amI don't have 24bit/88.2khz and 24bit/176.4khz and I have the gen2 usb board. I have some 24bit 88.2khz music that i want to play. Is the bifrost capable of outputing 24/88?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3272 of 33365/26/13 at 4:12ampost #3273 of 33365/26/13 at 4:12ampost #3274 of 33365/28/13 at 1:34pmpost #3275 of 33365/28/13 at 2:35pmpost #3276 of 33365/28/13 at 4:10pmpost #3277 of 33365/30/13 at 9:36am
Installed my uber last night. Sounds very bright but it could just need a good burn in.
Can anyone that has both the optical and usb connection explain the main differences sound wise. Is there a loss in clarity or tonal change? Is it worth upgrading to a usb?post #3278 of 33365/30/13 at 2:13pmpost #3279 of 33365/30/13 at 2:28pmpost #3280 of 33365/30/13 at 8:49pmpost #3281 of 33365/30/13 at 9:38pmpost #3282 of 33365/31/13 at 1:45amQuote:Quote:
LOL Check the Schiit Owners Unite thread rrahman (Keep up with your Schiit man!). We've been raising the price together. It should now be like $50,000 a piece upon release.post #3283 of 33365/31/13 at 5:32ampost #3284 of 33365/31/13 at 1:12pmI've got a V100. Closest I come to the HD800 is the T1 (which I'm sure many would say isn't close at all). Don't know whether this would help?
However...still a few days before I change-in the uber board and at least a week before I would try the above combo. Taboo/LCD2; Meier Classic/LCD2; Classic/T1 are ahead in the queue.post #3285 of 33365/31/13 at 7:50pm
- Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by chihwahli
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear