Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 84

post #1246 of 3320

can someone with the bifrost tell me what all that mechanical clicking is coming from when switching tracks?

post #1247 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmd View Post

can someone with the bifrost tell me what all that mechanical clicking is coming from when switching tracks?


Im guessing that the Soft Mute on the AK 4399 is not activated during track switching so you are hearing this click!
 

 

post #1248 of 3320

@Anaxilus - thanks, and I apologise for referring to you as 'analaxative' in another post.

post #1249 of 3320

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

@Anaxilus - thanks, and I apologise for referring to you as 'analaxative' in another post.


No problem.  Glad I could smooth things out for ya.  wink.gif

 

post #1250 of 3320
Or, clear schiit up? biggrin.gif
post #1251 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmd View Post

can someone with the bifrost tell me what all that mechanical clicking is coming from when switching tracks?


Are you using optical out from your laptop? Just asking because the clicking only happens when I use optical and when switching track. But when I use coaxial out from my Fiio E10 no clicking noise. So I am assuming that Yikes is correct about your computer/laptop stopping the data stream between tracks

 

Hopefully this helps


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post

Such clicks usually happen when the Data Stream is being interrupted. The DAC temporarily looses lock and the Data Stream must be reacquired. Some players stop the data stream between tracks (and some form of clicking can result), some PC configurations also can cause this issue. About 10 years ago I had a wicked expensive Krell processor that lost lock (and therefore clicked obnoxiously) between every track. It ended badly.

 

As far as the Asgard having enough power for the LCD2 goes, when I tried them together power wasn't the issue. I ultimately preferred my HiFiMan HE5LE to the LCD2's.



 


Edited by xxhaxx - 10/27/11 at 1:33am
post #1252 of 3320

I had hoped to post some impressions of the Bifrost by next week, but I just realised they use USPS for international shipping. Last time I used USPS for they took over 25 days just to leave the US borders. So far it has been a week.
 

"sigh"

post #1253 of 3320

You should try pricing International UPS or FedEx. You'll understand the use of USPS.

post #1254 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post

You should try pricing International UPS or FedEx. You'll understand the use of USPS.


The brokerage fees the others charge are criminal. There is a class action lawsuit ongoing against UPS in Canada. Stick with USPS, the value for money they offer is very good by comparison.
post #1255 of 3320



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


The brokerage fees the others charge are criminal. There is a class action lawsuit ongoing against UPS in Canada. Stick with USPS, the value for money they offer is very good by comparison.


I paid $5 USPS/Canada Post brokerage fee for my Asgard. A fellow Canadian from an other forum paid $138 for the same Asgard with UPS..... But it's true that he got his faster than me !! blink.gif

 

Avoid UPS and Fedex as much as you can.... In fact, I never deal with a company that doesn't allow me to choose the courrier...

 

Denys
 

 

post #1256 of 3320

Hey all,

 

Final update on USB: WE BEGIN SHIPPING TODAY!

 

Sorry for yelling, but it's a great relief to finally get these out the door. I expect a few will go today, many will go tomorrow, and all backorders will be cleared up next week. This also means the review units ship as well, so you can expect some pro opinions soon.

 

With respect to the clicking, that's simply the muting relay. It's completely normal. 

 

All the best,

Jason

 

 

 

 

post #1257 of 3320

I aways deal with USPS for international shipping, their rates are amazing.  Shipping time ranges from deathly fast(canada, 3 days), to excruciatingly slow 1.5 weeks to eastern Europe.

 

But UPS and Fed Ex stick it with really high fee's.  Most people seem to prefer USPS when I internationally ship.


Edited by ninjikiran - 10/27/11 at 8:47am
post #1258 of 3320

Whoo hoo.  Great work Jason.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Hey all,

 

Final update on USB: WE BEGIN SHIPPING TODAY!

 

Sorry for yelling, but it's a great relief to finally get these out the door. I expect a few will go today, many will go tomorrow, and all backorders will be cleared up next week. This also means the review units ship as well, so you can expect some pro opinions soon.

 

With respect to the clicking, that's simply the muting relay. It's completely normal. 

 

All the best,

Jason

 

 

 

 



 

post #1259 of 3320

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Hey all,

 

Final update on USB: WE BEGIN SHIPPING TODAY!

 

Sorry for yelling, but it's a great relief to finally get these out the door. I expect a few will go today, many will go tomorrow, and all backorders will be cleared up next week. This also means the review units ship as well, so you can expect some pro opinions soon.

 

With respect to the clicking, that's simply the muting relay. It's completely normal. 

 

All the best,

Jason


Congrats!  Hope to hear some impressions soon.

post #1260 of 3320
Quote:
View Post

 

With respect to the clicking, that's simply the muting relay. It's completely normal. 

 

All the best,

Jason

 

 

 

 



Jason,

 

is this to prevent subsonics going thought during track switching?

 

 


Edited by ecohifi - 10/27/11 at 12:08pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.