Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 9

post #121 of 3320

hmm... maybe bifrost will be the mid DAC and they will name the entry level one Midgard?

post #122 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAWolf View Post

hmm... maybe bifrost will be the mid DAC and they will name the entry level one Midgard?



I think the first DAC to be announced is the entry level, so Bifrost is probably the entry level DAC.

post #123 of 3320

Gungnir for the nicer DAC, maybe?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post





I think the first DAC to be announced is the entry level, so Bifrost is probably the entry level DAC.



 

post #124 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicLemming View Post

Gungnir for the nicer DAC, maybe?
 



 


Hopefully one day Schiit will have enough products to compose the lyrics to an entire Turisas song ;/ 

 

post #125 of 3320

If they can do lyrics for Tyr and Korpiklanni too, even better.

 

Which reminds me, I need to queue "Stand Up and Fight" in foobar tonight and give it a listen.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0st0 View Post




Hopefully one day Schiit will have enough products to compose the lyrics to an entire Turisas song ;/ 

 



 

post #126 of 3320

Schiit should make a 2,500 wpc amp and call it Gotterdammerung. Just the thing for playing Wagner on HE-6s...

post #127 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

Schiit should make a 2,500 wpc amp and call it Gotterdammerung. Just the thing for playing Wagner on HE-6s...


I think you're gonna have to go class G on that one...

post #128 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

Schiit should make a 2,500 wpc amp and call it Gotterdammerung. Just the thing for playing Wagner on HE-6s...


You want to listen to Wagner using a Schiit Gotterdammerung playing into a Hifiman HE6?  I think Wagner would be more of a Sennheiser HD800 or Beyer T1 sort of guy.

 

post #129 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

You want to listen to Wagner using a Schiit Gotterdammerung playing into a Hifiman HE6?  I think Wagner would be more of a Sennheiser HD800 or Beyer T1 sort of guy.

 


I think the HE-6s are less likely to explode in a shower of copper shrapnel if a fly lands on the volume dial...

post #130 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickronin View Post


I think the HE-6s are less likely to explode in a shower of copper shrapnel if a fly lands on the volume dial...


Yeah but imagine the 3D imaging!

 

post #131 of 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Yeah but imagine the 3D imaging!

 


Maybe if you run half a dozen stepped attenuators in series or add a digital volume control...

post #132 of 3320
Schiit names their products based of Norse mythological PLACES. Gungnir isn't a place.
post #133 of 3320

i almost have mixed feelings about the DAC announcement - i have dreams of pairing a schiit DAC with a lyr, but at the same time i don't think my budget can take any other hits at this point...

post #134 of 3320

 

The only thing that mixes my feelings, is the waiting time...frown.gif Sure would like the super-duper-dac to go with my Lyr...

 

Well its X-mas before you know it, and then I just might buy myself a "Odin-Thor-whatever-top-notch-above-all-and-state-of-the-art" DAC as a personal pressant for my ears....smily_headphones1.gif

post #135 of 3320
I believe their end of the year DAC will be called the Ragnarok... the doom of the gods. biggrin.gif It's an event not a place, but COME ON Schiit. XD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.