Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum › HIFIMAN HM-601 Music Player, RE0 IEM and Grammy Award Winners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HIFIMAN HM-601 Music Player, RE0 IEM and Grammy Award Winners

post #1 of 89
Thread Starter 

Grammy Award Winner Kenny G 

 

DAN_1202443914853.JPGDAN_1242343317848.JPG

 

Grammy Award Winner  Gretchen Wilson 

 

thumbnail_IMG_4129118816409.JPGthumbnail_IMG_4184060119026.JPG

 

Grammy Award Winner Pat Monahan (Band Train)

 

_MG_970322810205.JPG_MG_9617885419529.JPG

 

Grammy Award Winner Zac brown band

 

IMG_9315453502495.jpgIMG_930104790031.jpgIMG_929412776706.jpgIMG_9292229171678.jpg

 

Grammy Award Winner Faith Evans

 

DSC_868340138497.JPGDSC_8764101804963.JPG

 

American Idols Jordin Sparks

 

DSC_8275271880209.JPG

 

American Pie Shannon Elizabeth  

IMG_0047203664615.jpgIMG_0049615982173.jpgIMG_4837022395619.jpg

 

Movie Crash Landing Brandon Barash

IMG_4685140311055n.jpgIMG_4772792090580.JPG

 

NBA Championship Winner Tim Duncan

thumbnail_IMG_4353994351247.JPG

 

Mondo Guerra and Seth Henderson

thumbnail_IMG_4458047166685.JPGthumbnail_IMG_4524000430583.JPGthumbnail_IMG_4524932106960.JPG

 

Reply
post #2 of 89

I now have some faith in celebrities. At least they're not wearing some custom Beats!

post #3 of 89

I wanted to be cool like them and I was thinking on buying one until I saw that chick with a moustache in the end...

post #4 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post

I now have some faith in celebrities. At least they're not wearing some custom Beats!


A lot of them are though...a ton in the NBA. Im glad for Tim Duncan
post #5 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerdelMaL View Post

I wanted to be cool like them and I was thinking on buying one until I saw that chick with a moustache in the end...


lol.
post #6 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerdelMaL View Post

I wanted to be cool like them and I was thinking on buying one until I saw that chick with a moustache in the end...




me too!.. HAA..

 

Although I am not so sure these poeple went to the market and bought these. It appears to me that this was an ad both setup for people to demo....

post #7 of 89

Good old Tim Duncan is in to this too?

post #8 of 89

Since I'm a big Spurs fan, and seeing Tim Duncan here made me want a Hifi-Man.

post #9 of 89

Kenny G uses HiFiMan? Looks like I will not be buying one then. 

 

In my opinion, if HiFiMan makers want to advertise their products, they should use musicians associated with making great, sincere music... Styles like Jazz, classical, metal, rock doesn't matter, but I'm talking about sincerity. 

 

For example..

 

Miles Davis Monster cable tribute earphones...

 

AKG Quincy Jones headphones. 

 

I believe AKG, Monster cable did some thinking before coming out with those tribute models.

 

I would assume that Head-fi'ers, audiophiles also pride themselves on listening to good music. They wouldn't spend all that money and develop their ears for this hobby to listen to processed elevator music.

 

 

 

 

post #10 of 89

So was this a sponsor booth? (at the Grammy Awards presumably?)

 

post #11 of 89

Now that's a lot of earwax being shared. atsmile.gif

post #12 of 89

I notice Fang is getting more saavy marketing wise. Not a bad move at all. I remember when HeadDirect / HifiMan was a small outfit years ago. Oh how times change. Bigger and better things.

Are they using RE0s? RE252s? It's definately one of the Hifiman brand earphones as it's photographed with the classic Hifiman large bi-flange tip.

 

EDIT: Oh don't worry, silly me asking dumb questions without reading the thread title,


Edited by chinesekiwi - 4/21/11 at 9:35am
post #13 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by emremusic View Post

Kenny G uses HiFiMan? Looks like I will not be buying one then. 

 

In my opinion, if HiFiMan makers want to advertise their products, they should use musicians associated with making great, sincere music... Styles like Jazz, classical, metal, rock doesn't matter, but I'm talking about sincerity. 

 

For example..

 

Miles Davis Monster cable tribute earphones...

 

AKG Quincy Jones headphones. 

 

I believe AKG, Monster cable did some thinking before coming out with those tribute models.

 

I would assume that Head-fi'ers, audiophiles also pride themselves on listening to good music. They wouldn't spend all that money and develop their ears for this hobby to listen to processed elevator music.

 

 

When it comes to music, to each his own.  I'm sure there are Kenny G fans here.  A fellow Head-Fi'er I was giving a demo to said to me recently, when asked what kind of music he wanted to hear, said something like, "Anything but classical."  At an audio show last year, I was in a demo room when someone, when rock was being played, said, "Finally, something other than jazz!"  Like I said, to each his own.

 

As it turns out, I really don't think there's an endorsement deal between Kenny G and HiFiMAN.  HiFiMAN apparently had an exhibit somewhere at the Grammys, and it seems Kenny G came by for a listen.  I'll buy the product on merit, and the HM-601 is a great-sounding product (in my opinion), whether the guy's endorsing it or not (again, I don't think he is).

 

As for Shannon Elizabeth:  Three photos, and in each one she's smiling and happy, and posing nicely for that last one--I thought that was rather sporting of her.  Hopefully Tim Duncan's pic is a before photo--maybe he was smiling big after he heard the gear.  smile.gif

 


 

 

post #14 of 89


shannon wearing them trumps kenny g wearing them. Since he was first in the pics and she was last, i totally forgot about kenny g until you reminded me.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

 

When it comes to music, to each his own.  I'm sure there are Kenny G fans here.  A fellow Head-Fi'er I was giving a demo to said to me recently, when asked what kind of music he wanted to hear, said something like, "Anything but classical."  At an audio show last year, I was in a demo room when someone, when rock was being played, said, "Finally, something other than jazz!"  Like I said, to each his own.

 

As it turns out, I really don't think there's an endorsement deal between Kenny G and HiFiMAN.  HiFiMAN apparently had an exhibit somewhere at the Grammys, and it seems Kenny G came by for a listen.  I'll buy the product on merit, and the HM-601 is a great-sounding product (in my opinion), whether the guy's endorsing it or not (again, I don't think he is).

 

As for Shannon Elizabeth:  Three photos, and in each one she's smiling and happy, and posing nicely for that last one--I thought that was rather sporting of her.  Hopefully Tim Duncan's pic is a before photo--maybe he was smiling big after he heard the gear.  smile.gif

 


 

 



 

post #15 of 89

Wait, what? Kenny G isn't on the "Musical Acts Approved by Head-Fi" -list? Why?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum › HIFIMAN HM-601 Music Player, RE0 IEM and Grammy Award Winners