Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Solid State that is as powerful as the Schiit Lyr and in the same price range? Last post on 5/22/12 at 2:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please Don't Kill Me. Need Amp for HiFiMAN HE-6 Prototype. Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How do I properly use a Headphone Amp? Last post on 3/10/11 at 12:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Schiit Audio Lyr: My First Impressions - Page 5post #61 of 1353/26/11 at 6:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1353/27/11 at 8:17ampost #63 of 1353/27/11 at 2:25pmpost #64 of 1353/27/11 at 2:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by jude
If you're wondering what the Lyr's tonal balance is, expect this (at least with these two top-tier planar magnetic headphones, and to my ears): Bass is weighty, solid, well-extended, and well controlled--yet I was left a bit wanting for more detail and texture down low, especially with the LCD-2, and in contrast to my Ray Samuels Audio Apache driving that same headphone balanced (it's worth keeping in mind that the Apache is a $3000.00 headphone amp/preamp). Again, I fully expect experimentation with tube rolling will help here.
Without getting too off-topic, I wonder if I could follow up regarding your experience with the Apache driving the LCD-2. How do you think it does with the LCD-2? Are there other amps which you strongly prefer for the LCD-2? Also, does it have enough power to drive the HE-6?
post #65 of 1353/27/11 at 3:30pm
From my experience yes it does have enough juice to drive the HE-6.
Regarding the LCD-2, it requires a powerful amp to bring out it's true potential. Of all the amps I've heard the LCD-2 paired with, only the WA22 and the upcoming balanced Red Wine amp truly brought it to life. I haven't heard it paired with the Apache though.
Edited by brasewel - 3/27/11 at 3:34pmpost #66 of 1353/28/11 at 10:05ampost #67 of 1353/28/11 at 12:37pmpost #68 of 1353/29/11 at 6:46pm
Considering getting one of these for when I get my LCD-2 (Hopefully soon!) Using a Matrix M-Stage at the moment, I will try it with LCD-2's first and see how it goes. Will the Schiit Lyr be much of an upgrade over the M-Stage?post #69 of 1353/29/11 at 10:04pmQuote:
Uh oh, sorry my bad , wrong schiit
a thread has been devoted to that here
Edited by tunarat - 3/29/11 at 10:06pmpost #70 of 1353/29/11 at 10:47pm
Quote:Originally Posted by tunarat
Uh oh, sorry my bad , wrong schiit
a thread has been devoted to that here
Yeah people seem to agree that the M-Stage seems to be slightly better than the Asgard, So the step up to the Lyr will most likely be quite a bit better than either.post #71 of 1353/30/11 at 5:17pmI agree with the consensus - thought provoking review & with regard to the LCD's, spot on IMO, thank you. I have been listening to some Miles Davis (seven steps esp) & random classical through this combo & have found myself captivated by the music time & time gain. I have also been enjoying my PRO900's through the Lyr - beautiful, orotund bass, I think this a great combo for House, Goa-Psy, Trance etc, I am only hoping that this will be the last of my aquisitions for a while (although I doubt it will be).post #72 of 1353/30/11 at 8:07pmpost #73 of 1354/1/11 at 9:30am
I bought the Lyr for my LCD-2s, which we already know is a great combo. But the Lyr also sounds great with my Grado GS1000i. I know it seems like overkill since the Grados are low impedance and high efficiency, but the extra power really seems to increase the already wide soundstage of the Grado's, which is a welcome surprise (to me at least...I'm still pretty much a newb though). Plus, the lows are deeper and wider, the mids are richer and smoother, the highs are just right (at least to my ears). Keep in mind that I'm coming from the Bellari HA540, but the step up in sound quality is a big one, and I can definitely recommend the Lyr to just about anybody.post #74 of 1354/1/11 at 9:44am
Very Impressive, it seem's a nice fit with either LCD-2's or HE6's, like Jude said tube rolling could enhance it to the next level. Impressive Indeed, I'm looking foward to putting My order in for the LCD2 & LYR. Thank's Jude, You just made My Wife Very Happy, Happy indeed!
- Schiit Audio Lyr: My First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 11 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 13 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Is there anyway to use the FiiO E18 DAC if you don't want to stack it? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)