Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Solid State that is as powerful as the Schiit Lyr and in the same price range? Last post on 5/22/12 at 2:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please Don't Kill Me. Need Amp for HiFiMAN HE-6 Prototype. Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How do I properly use a Headphone Amp? Last post on 3/10/11 at 12:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Schiit Audio Lyr: My First Impressions - Page 5post #61 of 1353/26/11 at 6:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1353/27/11 at 8:17ampost #63 of 1353/27/11 at 2:25pmpost #64 of 1353/27/11 at 2:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by jude
If you're wondering what the Lyr's tonal balance is, expect this (at least with these two top-tier planar magnetic headphones, and to my ears): Bass is weighty, solid, well-extended, and well controlled--yet I was left a bit wanting for more detail and texture down low, especially with the LCD-2, and in contrast to my Ray Samuels Audio Apache driving that same headphone balanced (it's worth keeping in mind that the Apache is a $3000.00 headphone amp/preamp). Again, I fully expect experimentation with tube rolling will help here.
Without getting too off-topic, I wonder if I could follow up regarding your experience with the Apache driving the LCD-2. How do you think it does with the LCD-2? Are there other amps which you strongly prefer for the LCD-2? Also, does it have enough power to drive the HE-6?
post #65 of 1353/27/11 at 3:30pm
From my experience yes it does have enough juice to drive the HE-6.
Regarding the LCD-2, it requires a powerful amp to bring out it's true potential. Of all the amps I've heard the LCD-2 paired with, only the WA22 and the upcoming balanced Red Wine amp truly brought it to life. I haven't heard it paired with the Apache though.
Edited by brasewel - 3/27/11 at 3:34pmpost #66 of 1353/28/11 at 10:05ampost #67 of 1353/28/11 at 12:37pmpost #68 of 1353/29/11 at 6:46pm
Considering getting one of these for when I get my LCD-2 (Hopefully soon!) Using a Matrix M-Stage at the moment, I will try it with LCD-2's first and see how it goes. Will the Schiit Lyr be much of an upgrade over the M-Stage?post #69 of 1353/29/11 at 10:04pmQuote:
Uh oh, sorry my bad , wrong schiit
a thread has been devoted to that here
Edited by tunarat - 3/29/11 at 10:06pmpost #70 of 1353/29/11 at 10:47pm
Quote:Originally Posted by tunarat
Uh oh, sorry my bad , wrong schiit
a thread has been devoted to that here
Yeah people seem to agree that the M-Stage seems to be slightly better than the Asgard, So the step up to the Lyr will most likely be quite a bit better than either.post #71 of 1353/30/11 at 5:17pmI agree with the consensus - thought provoking review & with regard to the LCD's, spot on IMO, thank you. I have been listening to some Miles Davis (seven steps esp) & random classical through this combo & have found myself captivated by the music time & time gain. I have also been enjoying my PRO900's through the Lyr - beautiful, orotund bass, I think this a great combo for House, Goa-Psy, Trance etc, I am only hoping that this will be the last of my aquisitions for a while (although I doubt it will be).post #72 of 1353/30/11 at 8:07pmpost #73 of 1354/1/11 at 9:30am
I bought the Lyr for my LCD-2s, which we already know is a great combo. But the Lyr also sounds great with my Grado GS1000i. I know it seems like overkill since the Grados are low impedance and high efficiency, but the extra power really seems to increase the already wide soundstage of the Grado's, which is a welcome surprise (to me at least...I'm still pretty much a newb though). Plus, the lows are deeper and wider, the mids are richer and smoother, the highs are just right (at least to my ears). Keep in mind that I'm coming from the Bellari HA540, but the step up in sound quality is a big one, and I can definitely recommend the Lyr to just about anybody.post #74 of 1354/1/11 at 9:44am
Very Impressive, it seem's a nice fit with either LCD-2's or HE6's, like Jude said tube rolling could enhance it to the next level. Impressive Indeed, I'm looking foward to putting My order in for the LCD2 & LYR. Thank's Jude, You just made My Wife Very Happy, Happy indeed!
- Schiit Audio Lyr: My First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 9 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 43 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom Cable 3 minutes ago
- › Worst headphones you've ever bought 4 minutes ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob