So, this has happened to me twice now. The volume of the right side starts losing volume. You can definitely tell when this happens as It is almost instantaneous. I am allowed to wear headphones at work, at lower volumes, but it is never low enough to understand what people are saying, therefore, I am constantly taking out the right ear IEM to hear what people are saying. I guess i'm asking why this is actually happening (electronically, please do not state what I just stated above) and what I might be able to do to keep it from happening (also please do not state the obvious). Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? Or did you just find a well built IEM that It doesn't happen with. BTW, The iems that this has happened with have been the RE-zero and Monster turbines. Thanks for any input you guys might have.
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shoving Comply tips -into- silicone tips? Last post on 7/24/11 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 4/4/15 at 3:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM speaker losing volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just had that experience with my fx700s and it's in the overall volume, not just one side. Ever since I had them, for a few months now, I've listened to them at the same volume consistently, and now I'm having to increase the volume by one notch. Even though that seems minor it's a noticeable difference to my ears that I have to adjust it to get the same impact. I'm not sure if it's me or if it's changes in the IEM or the way I've handled them--the worst I've done was when I set them down once and it hit the surface kind of hard, but didn't drop them or anything like that.
This is my 1st high end IEM, so I don't know if that's normal burn in or what, but it worries me.
- IEM speaker losing volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 19 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › What Cables for Audeze LCD-2? 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather) 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2