So, this has happened to me twice now. The volume of the right side starts losing volume. You can definitely tell when this happens as It is almost instantaneous. I am allowed to wear headphones at work, at lower volumes, but it is never low enough to understand what people are saying, therefore, I am constantly taking out the right ear IEM to hear what people are saying. I guess i'm asking why this is actually happening (electronically, please do not state what I just stated above) and what I might be able to do to keep it from happening (also please do not state the obvious). Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? Or did you just find a well built IEM that It doesn't happen with. BTW, The iems that this has happened with have been the RE-zero and Monster turbines. Thanks for any input you guys might have.
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shoving Comply tips -into- silicone tips? Last post on 7/24/11 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 4/4/15 at 3:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM speaker losing volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just had that experience with my fx700s and it's in the overall volume, not just one side. Ever since I had them, for a few months now, I've listened to them at the same volume consistently, and now I'm having to increase the volume by one notch. Even though that seems minor it's a noticeable difference to my ears that I have to adjust it to get the same impact. I'm not sure if it's me or if it's changes in the IEM or the way I've handled them--the worst I've done was when I set them down once and it hit the surface kind of hard, but didn't drop them or anything like that.
This is my 1st high end IEM, so I don't know if that's normal burn in or what, but it worries me.
- IEM speaker losing volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2