So, this has happened to me twice now. The volume of the right side starts losing volume. You can definitely tell when this happens as It is almost instantaneous. I am allowed to wear headphones at work, at lower volumes, but it is never low enough to understand what people are saying, therefore, I am constantly taking out the right ear IEM to hear what people are saying. I guess i'm asking why this is actually happening (electronically, please do not state what I just stated above) and what I might be able to do to keep it from happening (also please do not state the obvious). Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? Or did you just find a well built IEM that It doesn't happen with. BTW, The iems that this has happened with have been the RE-zero and Monster turbines. Thanks for any input you guys might have.
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shoving Comply tips -into- silicone tips? Last post on 7/24/11 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 9/1/15 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
IEM speaker losing volumepost #1 of 83/22/11 at 6:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/22/11 at 11:18pm
I just had that experience with my fx700s and it's in the overall volume, not just one side. Ever since I had them, for a few months now, I've listened to them at the same volume consistently, and now I'm having to increase the volume by one notch. Even though that seems minor it's a noticeable difference to my ears that I have to adjust it to get the same impact. I'm not sure if it's me or if it's changes in the IEM or the way I've handled them--the worst I've done was when I set them down once and it hit the surface kind of hard, but didn't drop them or anything like that.
This is my 1st high end IEM, so I don't know if that's normal burn in or what, but it worries me.post #3 of 83/23/11 at 6:05amThread Starterpost #4 of 83/24/11 at 5:57amThread Starterpost #5 of 83/24/11 at 5:59ampost #6 of 83/24/11 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #7 of 83/24/11 at 6:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM speaker losing volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 47 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear