Recently i was over at my dad's and he had a pair of ATH 40f/s or something similar to that, can't remember the exact model (or maybe that is it?) Anyways i remember the sound they had and the detail and nuances they brought out to be simply amazing, they actually gave me a big wide smile on my face and i remember saying out loud "this is F****** awesome" the only gripe i had about them was they had very little bass at all. I've spent a lot of time (and money) goofing around with home audio equipment and have owned some very accurate speakers before (and still do). I've never quite heard headphones perform as well or better then speakers so i never was into them that much. These completely trashed my perception of my speakers i own now and made everything i have ever heard in my life sound like absolute crap when compared. I was looking around at headroom for a pair of AT phones and couldn't find the 40f/s, not because i wanted to buy them, (lack of bass was something keeping me from buying them) but because i wanted to compare the frequency response graph of them to other AT phones. One pair i was considering getting was the ATH M50's because they do have better bass response from what i can tell by looking at the response graph. I'm looking for that sonic signature i heard in those headphones (40f/s) the flat, detailed, "perfect" sound i heard but i have no clue whether or not AT's sound varies throughout their different headphones. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Will I need an Amp for DT 770 ? Last post on 10/3/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For studio monitoring, wich headphone should I get? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debating between 4 good headphones Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with detachable wire?! Last post on 2/17/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH m50 vs ATH m40fs vs ATH m30 vs ATH Pro700sv?????? Last post on 2/1/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Audio Technica Advice.post #1 of 83/21/11 at 7:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/21/11 at 8:02pmpost #3 of 83/21/11 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #4 of 83/21/11 at 8:12pm
Oh, now i understand.
Like you mentioned, the M50's have more bass..its very detailed and have a nice midrange (not recessed) more aspects to add:
the M50's are very comfy, and have better isolation.
a fun headphone to listen to.
Edited by earerror - 3/21/11 at 8:13pmpost #5 of 83/21/11 at 9:12pmpost #6 of 83/21/11 at 10:45pm
I'm an ATH-M50 owner. If you have not owned quality headphones before you will be blown away by the ATH-M50. There is virtually no sound leakage and has excellent isolation. However the soundstage is not very good making it poor for movies and gaming.post #7 of 83/22/11 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #8 of 83/22/11 at 10:46amThread Starter
- Audio Technica Advice.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 26 seconds ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › What makes Balanced Armatures sound "thin", makes electrostats have... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)