Recently i was over at my dad's and he had a pair of ATH 40f/s or something similar to that, can't remember the exact model (or maybe that is it?) Anyways i remember the sound they had and the detail and nuances they brought out to be simply amazing, they actually gave me a big wide smile on my face and i remember saying out loud "this is F****** awesome" the only gripe i had about them was they had very little bass at all. I've spent a lot of time (and money) goofing around with home audio equipment and have owned some very accurate speakers before (and still do). I've never quite heard headphones perform as well or better then speakers so i never was into them that much. These completely trashed my perception of my speakers i own now and made everything i have ever heard in my life sound like absolute crap when compared. I was looking around at headroom for a pair of AT phones and couldn't find the 40f/s, not because i wanted to buy them, (lack of bass was something keeping me from buying them) but because i wanted to compare the frequency response graph of them to other AT phones. One pair i was considering getting was the ATH M50's because they do have better bass response from what i can tell by looking at the response graph. I'm looking for that sonic signature i heard in those headphones (40f/s) the flat, detailed, "perfect" sound i heard but i have no clue whether or not AT's sound varies throughout their different headphones. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Will I need an Amp for DT 770 ? Last post on 10/3/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For studio monitoring, wich headphone should I get? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debating between 4 good headphones Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with detachable wire?! Last post on 2/17/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH m50 vs ATH m40fs vs ATH m30 vs ATH Pro700sv?????? Last post on 2/1/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Audio Technica Advice.post #1 of 83/21/11 at 7:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/21/11 at 8:02pmpost #3 of 83/21/11 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #4 of 83/21/11 at 8:12pm
Oh, now i understand.
Like you mentioned, the M50's have more bass..its very detailed and have a nice midrange (not recessed) more aspects to add:
the M50's are very comfy, and have better isolation.
a fun headphone to listen to.
Edited by earerror - 3/21/11 at 8:13pmpost #5 of 83/21/11 at 9:12pmpost #6 of 83/21/11 at 10:45pm
I'm an ATH-M50 owner. If you have not owned quality headphones before you will be blown away by the ATH-M50. There is virtually no sound leakage and has excellent isolation. However the soundstage is not very good making it poor for movies and gaming.post #7 of 83/22/11 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #8 of 83/22/11 at 10:46amThread Starter
- Audio Technica Advice.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 21 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 41 seconds ago
- › reasonable pair of over-ears 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › General Headphone Amplifier Survey 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude