Recently i was over at my dad's and he had a pair of ATH 40f/s or something similar to that, can't remember the exact model (or maybe that is it?) Anyways i remember the sound they had and the detail and nuances they brought out to be simply amazing, they actually gave me a big wide smile on my face and i remember saying out loud "this is F****** awesome" the only gripe i had about them was they had very little bass at all. I've spent a lot of time (and money) goofing around with home audio equipment and have owned some very accurate speakers before (and still do). I've never quite heard headphones perform as well or better then speakers so i never was into them that much. These completely trashed my perception of my speakers i own now and made everything i have ever heard in my life sound like absolute crap when compared. I was looking around at headroom for a pair of AT phones and couldn't find the 40f/s, not because i wanted to buy them, (lack of bass was something keeping me from buying them) but because i wanted to compare the frequency response graph of them to other AT phones. One pair i was considering getting was the ATH M50's because they do have better bass response from what i can tell by looking at the response graph. I'm looking for that sonic signature i heard in those headphones (40f/s) the flat, detailed, "perfect" sound i heard but i have no clue whether or not AT's sound varies throughout their different headphones. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Will I need an Amp for DT 770 ? Last post on 10/3/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For studio monitoring, wich headphone should I get? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debating between 4 good headphones Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with detachable wire?! Last post on 2/17/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH m50 vs ATH m40fs vs ATH m30 vs ATH Pro700sv?????? Last post on 2/1/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Audio Technica Advice.post #1 of 83/21/11 at 7:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/21/11 at 8:02pmpost #3 of 83/21/11 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #4 of 83/21/11 at 8:12pm
Oh, now i understand.
Like you mentioned, the M50's have more bass..its very detailed and have a nice midrange (not recessed) more aspects to add:
the M50's are very comfy, and have better isolation.
a fun headphone to listen to.
Edited by earerror - 3/21/11 at 8:13pmpost #5 of 83/21/11 at 9:12pmpost #6 of 83/21/11 at 10:45pm
I'm an ATH-M50 owner. If you have not owned quality headphones before you will be blown away by the ATH-M50. There is virtually no sound leakage and has excellent isolation. However the soundstage is not very good making it poor for movies and gaming.post #7 of 83/22/11 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #8 of 83/22/11 at 10:46amThread Starter
- Audio Technica Advice.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 48 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K7XX 1 minute ago
- › PS Audio Perfectwave AC-3 Power Cable (2 Meter/6.5 ft) 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › What's your foobar2000 setup? 4 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 5 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...