Recently i was over at my dad's and he had a pair of ATH 40f/s or something similar to that, can't remember the exact model (or maybe that is it?) Anyways i remember the sound they had and the detail and nuances they brought out to be simply amazing, they actually gave me a big wide smile on my face and i remember saying out loud "this is F****** awesome" the only gripe i had about them was they had very little bass at all. I've spent a lot of time (and money) goofing around with home audio equipment and have owned some very accurate speakers before (and still do). I've never quite heard headphones perform as well or better then speakers so i never was into them that much. These completely trashed my perception of my speakers i own now and made everything i have ever heard in my life sound like absolute crap when compared. I was looking around at headroom for a pair of AT phones and couldn't find the 40f/s, not because i wanted to buy them, (lack of bass was something keeping me from buying them) but because i wanted to compare the frequency response graph of them to other AT phones. One pair i was considering getting was the ATH M50's because they do have better bass response from what i can tell by looking at the response graph. I'm looking for that sonic signature i heard in those headphones (40f/s) the flat, detailed, "perfect" sound i heard but i have no clue whether or not AT's sound varies throughout their different headphones. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Will I need an Amp for DT 770 ? Last post on 10/3/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For studio monitoring, wich headphone should I get? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debating between 4 good headphones Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with detachable wire?! Last post on 2/17/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH m50 vs ATH m40fs vs ATH m30 vs ATH Pro700sv?????? Last post on 2/1/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
Audio Technica Advice.post #1 of 83/21/11 at 7:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/21/11 at 8:02pmpost #3 of 83/21/11 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #4 of 83/21/11 at 8:12pm
Oh, now i understand.
Like you mentioned, the M50's have more bass..its very detailed and have a nice midrange (not recessed) more aspects to add:
the M50's are very comfy, and have better isolation.
a fun headphone to listen to.
Edited by earerror - 3/21/11 at 8:13pmpost #5 of 83/21/11 at 9:12pmpost #6 of 83/21/11 at 10:45pm
I'm an ATH-M50 owner. If you have not owned quality headphones before you will be blown away by the ATH-M50. There is virtually no sound leakage and has excellent isolation. However the soundstage is not very good making it poor for movies and gaming.post #7 of 83/22/11 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #8 of 83/22/11 at 10:46amThread Starter
- Audio Technica Advice.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter - nearly new! [Canada] 2 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 20 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 55 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25 1-ii 1 minute ago
- › AUSDOM M05 With APT-X WorldWide Review ------Reviewers Wanted ! 1 minute ago
- › Tennmak 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations Please for HD 800s 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse