If anyone finds a review of the XGF500's let us know. I can't wait to hear comparisons to the TD-III. Then maybe i'll decide which of the two i want.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for clarity and BASS Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Xears Thread (formerly TD III) - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 9579/14/11 at 10:18amThread Starter
Well, the postman just left me a package with the XE200PRO & XGF500PRO. Have to say, dealing with Xears has been outstanding from purchase through delivery....Excellent customer service throughout.
The XE200s were a bit tedious to get a good seal. Tried various tips and finally settled on:
The 500s fit perfect with the stock tips that were on. Going to run them for a bit and change some tips etc....But right out of the box, I like what I hear on both. Both are a bit picky on the seal (TDIIIs, just put them in and go). Well worth it to spend the extra time to get it right....post #93 of 9579/14/11 at 11:23ampost #94 of 9579/14/11 at 11:48amThread Starter
Forgive me, I'm not quite adept to these terms yet....I'm slowly making the transition from full-sized (not giving them up yet...lol) to iems. The driver flex is the squishy wishy, I'm underwater sound upon pushing them in?
Much much less than the TDIII and barely noticeable imo.
In reference to my previous comments on the fit and seal, I have been trying them over the ear and it's not an issue anymore and quite comfortable.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 12:01pmpost #95 of 9579/14/11 at 12:39pmQuote:
Yeah, that's driver flex. Thanks for the reply.post #96 of 9579/14/11 at 1:54pmThread Starter
You are welcome jj!!!
Well, been listening to the 200s for a good while now and definitely "over the ear" hits the sweet spot and perfect seal.
iPod 5.5g (R'boxed) lossless (FLAC & ALAC) atm, with my usual (get a new toy tracks) 20 tracks on shuffle (trance, house, rock, thrash, hip-hop etc.).........Sounding good and balanced with nothing too overpowering.
The 500s are getting a little burn-in with my Clip Zip and will get a listen in a couple of hours...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 1:56pmpost #97 of 9579/16/11 at 6:43pmpost #98 of 9579/17/11 at 4:55ampost #99 of 9579/17/11 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:
Congratz jail......I personally don't know. Never thought of adding an amp to the Xears mix. I'll charge a 9V and plug them into a portable amp and report back...Quote:
Congratz NF...Post your impressions upon arrival...post #100 of 9579/17/11 at 9:51pmThread Starter
Well, had some fun today with the three amigos, plugging them into various iDevices and DAPs...
In reference to amping, the difference was minimal, however, controlling volume with it was great. They are not hard to drive. I believe they sound great out of various DAPs without an amp.
Cheers!!!post #101 of 9579/18/11 at 3:06ampost #102 of 9579/18/11 at 11:16amThread StarterQuote:
Hello n0str3ss and welcome.
Well, better is a little bit tricky in making a suggestion. What might be better for me, might not be for you and so on. What are your music preferences (genres, bands etc.). What sound characteristics would you like?
I purchased my TDIIIs in March 2011, so I don't think I have the V2 though.post #103 of 9579/18/11 at 11:26ampost #104 of 9579/18/11 at 11:33ampost #105 of 9579/18/11 at 12:19pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks! I definitely have the v1 with the Y-Cord.Quote:
I can't help you with classical, but I do listen to rock, metal, edm, and hip-hop.
I have to admit the 500s get on my nerves sometimes with the fit. I spent a good amount of time yesterday changing all the tips and came back around to the bi-flange. I don't know if it's the housing and I have tried them over the ear and staight down. Without a proper fit they sound very thin (as most do).
That being said, when they're on they're on and the detail is very good with good bass extension. They do have a treble emphasis (more than the TDIIIs & 200s) but nothing overbearing and no sibilance (usually associated). Clarity with good bass slam is what comes to mind. Guitars and kick drums are very present with a nice balanced feel.
Now, the TDIIIs have the driver flex issue (squishy whishy, but only for a few seconds) and honestly does not bother me. The 200s nor the 500s exhibit this.
Both, (all three rather) are great with various genres. I feel the TDIII & 200s bass goes deeper, whereas the 500s have an overall more balanced sound with a treble sparkle.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 14 seconds ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 27 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Howdy! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear