If anyone finds a review of the XGF500's let us know. I can't wait to hear comparisons to the TD-III. Then maybe i'll decide which of the two i want.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for clarity and BASS Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Xears Thread (formerly TD III) - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, the postman just left me a package with the XE200PRO & XGF500PRO. Have to say, dealing with Xears has been outstanding from purchase through delivery....Excellent customer service throughout.
The XE200s were a bit tedious to get a good seal. Tried various tips and finally settled on:
The 500s fit perfect with the stock tips that were on. Going to run them for a bit and change some tips etc....But right out of the box, I like what I hear on both. Both are a bit picky on the seal (TDIIIs, just put them in and go). Well worth it to spend the extra time to get it right....
Forgive me, I'm not quite adept to these terms yet....I'm slowly making the transition from full-sized (not giving them up yet...lol) to iems. The driver flex is the squishy wishy, I'm underwater sound upon pushing them in?
Much much less than the TDIII and barely noticeable imo.
In reference to my previous comments on the fit and seal, I have been trying them over the ear and it's not an issue anymore and quite comfortable.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 12:01pm
Yeah, that's driver flex. Thanks for the reply.
You are welcome jj!!!
Well, been listening to the 200s for a good while now and definitely "over the ear" hits the sweet spot and perfect seal.
iPod 5.5g (R'boxed) lossless (FLAC & ALAC) atm, with my usual (get a new toy tracks) 20 tracks on shuffle (trance, house, rock, thrash, hip-hop etc.).........Sounding good and balanced with nothing too overpowering.
The 500s are getting a little burn-in with my Clip Zip and will get a listen in a couple of hours...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 1:56pm
Congratz jail......I personally don't know. Never thought of adding an amp to the Xears mix. I'll charge a 9V and plug them into a portable amp and report back...
Congratz NF...Post your impressions upon arrival...
Well, had some fun today with the three amigos, plugging them into various iDevices and DAPs...
In reference to amping, the difference was minimal, however, controlling volume with it was great. They are not hard to drive. I believe they sound great out of various DAPs without an amp.
Hello n0str3ss and welcome.
Well, better is a little bit tricky in making a suggestion. What might be better for me, might not be for you and so on. What are your music preferences (genres, bands etc.). What sound characteristics would you like?
I purchased my TDIIIs in March 2011, so I don't think I have the V2 though.
Thanks! I definitely have the v1 with the Y-Cord.
I can't help you with classical, but I do listen to rock, metal, edm, and hip-hop.
I have to admit the 500s get on my nerves sometimes with the fit. I spent a good amount of time yesterday changing all the tips and came back around to the bi-flange. I don't know if it's the housing and I have tried them over the ear and staight down. Without a proper fit they sound very thin (as most do).
That being said, when they're on they're on and the detail is very good with good bass extension. They do have a treble emphasis (more than the TDIIIs & 200s) but nothing overbearing and no sibilance (usually associated). Clarity with good bass slam is what comes to mind. Guitars and kick drums are very present with a nice balanced feel.
Now, the TDIIIs have the driver flex issue (squishy whishy, but only for a few seconds) and honestly does not bother me. The 200s nor the 500s exhibit this.
Both, (all three rather) are great with various genres. I feel the TDIII & 200s bass goes deeper, whereas the 500s have an overall more balanced sound with a treble sparkle.
- Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) just now
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 17 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 26 seconds ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 2 minutes ago
- › 🇸🇬 CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February) 3 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2