I bit on the Xi200PRO in addition to a XE200PRO that I'm receiving as a warranty replacement. I'll compare the two for sure. I was curious about the XGF500, but ultimately decided on the Xi200PRO because it seemed like no one had them on head-fi.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for clarity and BASS Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
Xears Thread (formerly TD III) - Page 9post #121 of 9579/23/11 at 3:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 9579/23/11 at 4:05pm
Wow it's only been a short while and Xears have already released quite a few new models, I've been using the XE200PRO and sold my XGF500PROs to my friend but I still feel the isolation is better from the TDIIIs, and without isolation my XE200PROs don't sound too good so I've been using my Shure 440s a lot lately. I've yet to burn them in for 50 hours though, probably only used them for about 10 hours :S
Anyways, how do you think the isolation would be with the XSR330PRO or Xi200PRO, I love both their designs and they both have a smaller earpiece/head so it should fit in my ear better.
Just for info, I get the underground quite often so isolation is rather important for me but I love the sound of Xears earphones but I still think isolation is the first step as without it even good sound is muffled out by the surrounded sounds of the tube chugging a long.post #123 of 9579/24/11 at 4:12am
Wow.. These new XSR330PRO promise, a lot!!! Love the design (not so much for the red cable)...Quote:
Supreme Reference XSR330PRO
high end in ear headphones
Extreme Ultra-high-end In-Ear Earphones Neodymium
- excellent sound of superlatives by the latest high-end Neodymtreibertechnologie
- Multiple Layer Diaphragm 10 mm neodymium high-end (multi-layer membrane)
- Plastic housing
- profound, rich, powerful bass, punchy mids, clear highs
- High Pure Power! Club Sound Feeling!
- suitable for all styles of music from rock / pop, techno to classical music
- unique, captivating, attractive design and perfect workmanship
- with laser engraved logo on the case noble Xear
- 3.5mm gold-plated straight plug suitable for PC, laptop, MP3 player, etc. ..
- symmetric low-ribbon tangle - rubber - cable for easy carrying
- Cable Length 1.30 m
- Frequency response 5-25000Hz
- 124 dB SPL Maximum SPL @ 1kHz
- Supreme Reference XSR330PRO high-end In-Ear Headphones
- Hybrid silicon ear pads size S / M / L (1 pair)
- Foam pads from Micro Engineering foam, universal suit (1 pair)
- Triple Flange Sleeves - 3lamellige ear pads, universal suit (1 pair)
- Dual Flange Sleeves - 2lamellige ear pads, universal suit (1 pair)
- noble Xear Softbag headphone pocket with Velcro closure
(translated from german from Xears.com)post #124 of 9579/24/11 at 4:32amQuote:Originally Posted by HeatFan12
Lol...Favorite? That's a dangerous word around here....
What you will gain with the 500s is better clarity and better mids w/ less bass. I consider it an upgrade for the detail retrieval. That being said, the TD IIIs were my first Xears and I am totally happy with them. The bass impact is great for what I listen to. Would I be happy with the TD IIIs only if I would not have purchased the other two?....Yes......Would I consider selling the other two?...No....Different presentation is always a good thing...
Well, Thomas & Co. are still putting them out...I need to stop checking their site....lol
Brand new- XSR330PRO...How about someone taking one for the team...Red flat cable very nice indeed.....Coupon code is good- KLANGFUZZIS...Added it to my cart and checked but I have to stop spending $$$....
Where do you guys get these coupons from? :)post #125 of 9579/24/11 at 4:41ampost #126 of 9579/24/11 at 6:53am
Just an update. I noticed when I first tried the XT2 Pro's on that the left earphone had driver flex but the right didn't. This appears to be resulting in a slight attenuation in th eright ear, especially with bass frequencies, I swapped ears to confirm.
I've emailed Thomas, hopefully I can get a replacement, but I've already decided these aren't for me. If i do get a replacement and they are all OK I'll probably put them up for a trade, but before i do that I'm up for passing them to someone for review and comparison. I'd really like to send them to Joker but this will mean not having them for quite some time.post #127 of 9579/24/11 at 7:56ampost #128 of 9579/24/11 at 2:11pm
Guys, I had the TDIII v1s before which had brilliant isolation, however, they've now broken and I'm using the XE200PROs but I feel the isolation isnt that good, would the Xi200PRO have better isolation?post #129 of 9579/24/11 at 2:19pmThread StarterQuote:
Well, I would not say worse, just different signatures. I listen to some bass heavy music and at first the 500s sounded thin and bright. On top of finding the right tip and getting a good seal, I started liking their presentation once the fit was right. I guess with the housing, it just takes some time to get it right.
When you mean isolation, you mean the seal is not tight and you can hear outside noise?
With all three of my Xears, I can't hear anything on the outside.post #130 of 9579/24/11 at 3:00pmQuote:
If you get the metro you'll know what I mean :) The XE200PROs have good enough isolation for walking, even along a motorway but for a tube ride underground the noise starts to seep through. I feel the housing is a bit too big and therefore it is a tiny bit loose. I do like the design of the Xi200PRO though and love how small the housing is, but unfortunately it's made from plastic and I've always found the wooden IEMs to be more to my liking (my favourites are TDIII and XE200PRO, both of which have wooden housing AFAIK). You reckon the Xi200PRO would have a better seal than the XE200PRO, maybe even better than the TDIII?
EDIT: By the way I use the foam tips supplied by Xears, I feel they're godly. The London underground is simply too old though and there are some places where it screeches horribly.
Edited by Ulti - 9/24/11 at 3:02pmpost #131 of 9579/24/11 at 3:18pmThread Starter
Oh ok, now I understand...Those are some loud trains indeed. Eraser XIV (see quote below) ordered both, so he might shed some light on the isolation
Quote:post #132 of 9579/24/11 at 4:50pmQuote:
Yeah I guess I have to wait then, I'm quite impatient :(post #133 of 9579/24/11 at 5:06pm
FYI I asked Thomas from Xears what the difference between the XE200PRO and TD-III are and he said that the XE200PRO has 10mm driver vs. the TD-III's 9mm driver.
He also said that "XE200PRO" is the best out of the BlackWood models. So there is the opinion of the manufacturer, though I'd take it with a grain of salt. There is a big banner up on xears.com that features the XE200PRO and says "July Model" in German, so maybe this is a new revision?
Anyways I ordered a pair for 30 euros + 8 shipping to China yesterday and will post my opinion once I receive them.post #134 of 9579/24/11 at 9:32pmThread Starter
Congratz Pin....I like the 200s, but it is getting difficult to keep up with all of them, since they are putting out different models seems like all the time...lol......Looking forward to your impressions...
On another note, I have become a fan of wearing them "over the ear"...It started with the 500s, since I could not get a proper fit, then it trickled down and over the ear is the sweet spot indeed...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/24/11 at 9:38pmpost #135 of 9579/27/11 at 5:11am
Well Thomas has been very helpful. I asked if I could be supplied a different model as replacement for the XT2 Pro and asked for suggestions, he mentioned the XSR330PRO for an extra 10Euro so I've gone with that. I'll let you know how they sound in comparison.....hopefully they won't have a driver issue as wellReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › looking for earbuds, earphones that suits listening to... 14 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 25 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Review by mark2410 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear