If anyone finds a review of the XGF500's let us know. I can't wait to hear comparisons to the TD-III. Then maybe i'll decide which of the two i want.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for clarity and BASS Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Xears Appreciation Thread (formerly TD III) - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, the postman just left me a package with the XE200PRO & XGF500PRO. Have to say, dealing with Xears has been outstanding from purchase through delivery....Excellent customer service throughout.
The XE200s were a bit tedious to get a good seal. Tried various tips and finally settled on:
The 500s fit perfect with the stock tips that were on. Going to run them for a bit and change some tips etc....But right out of the box, I like what I hear on both. Both are a bit picky on the seal (TDIIIs, just put them in and go). Well worth it to spend the extra time to get it right....
Forgive me, I'm not quite adept to these terms yet....I'm slowly making the transition from full-sized (not giving them up yet...lol) to iems. The driver flex is the squishy wishy, I'm underwater sound upon pushing them in?
Much much less than the TDIII and barely noticeable imo.
In reference to my previous comments on the fit and seal, I have been trying them over the ear and it's not an issue anymore and quite comfortable.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 12:01pm
Yeah, that's driver flex. Thanks for the reply.
You are welcome jj!!!
Well, been listening to the 200s for a good while now and definitely "over the ear" hits the sweet spot and perfect seal.
iPod 5.5g (R'boxed) lossless (FLAC & ALAC) atm, with my usual (get a new toy tracks) 20 tracks on shuffle (trance, house, rock, thrash, hip-hop etc.).........Sounding good and balanced with nothing too overpowering.
The 500s are getting a little burn-in with my Clip Zip and will get a listen in a couple of hours...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 1:56pm
Congratz jail......I personally don't know. Never thought of adding an amp to the Xears mix. I'll charge a 9V and plug them into a portable amp and report back...
Congratz NF...Post your impressions upon arrival...
Well, had some fun today with the three amigos, plugging them into various iDevices and DAPs...
In reference to amping, the difference was minimal, however, controlling volume with it was great. They are not hard to drive. I believe they sound great out of various DAPs without an amp.
Hello n0str3ss and welcome.
Well, better is a little bit tricky in making a suggestion. What might be better for me, might not be for you and so on. What are your music preferences (genres, bands etc.). What sound characteristics would you like?
I purchased my TDIIIs in March 2011, so I don't think I have the V2 though.
Thanks! I definitely have the v1 with the Y-Cord.
I can't help you with classical, but I do listen to rock, metal, edm, and hip-hop.
I have to admit the 500s get on my nerves sometimes with the fit. I spent a good amount of time yesterday changing all the tips and came back around to the bi-flange. I don't know if it's the housing and I have tried them over the ear and staight down. Without a proper fit they sound very thin (as most do).
That being said, when they're on they're on and the detail is very good with good bass extension. They do have a treble emphasis (more than the TDIIIs & 200s) but nothing overbearing and no sibilance (usually associated). Clarity with good bass slam is what comes to mind. Guitars and kick drums are very present with a nice balanced feel.
Now, the TDIIIs have the driver flex issue (squishy whishy, but only for a few seconds) and honestly does not bother me. The 200s nor the 500s exhibit this.
Both, (all three rather) are great with various genres. I feel the TDIII & 200s bass goes deeper, whereas the 500s have an overall more balanced sound with a treble sparkle.
- Xears Appreciation Thread (formerly TD III)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Laptop for Audio 3 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 55 seconds ago
- › Geek Out 1000 vs. Shiit "Magni 2 & Modi 2" Combo 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 4 minutes ago
- › Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones... 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2