If anyone finds a review of the XGF500's let us know. I can't wait to hear comparisons to the TD-III. Then maybe i'll decide which of the two i want.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for clarity and BASS Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Xears Appreciation Thread (formerly TD III) - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, the postman just left me a package with the XE200PRO & XGF500PRO. Have to say, dealing with Xears has been outstanding from purchase through delivery....Excellent customer service throughout.
The XE200s were a bit tedious to get a good seal. Tried various tips and finally settled on:
The 500s fit perfect with the stock tips that were on. Going to run them for a bit and change some tips etc....But right out of the box, I like what I hear on both. Both are a bit picky on the seal (TDIIIs, just put them in and go). Well worth it to spend the extra time to get it right....
Forgive me, I'm not quite adept to these terms yet....I'm slowly making the transition from full-sized (not giving them up yet...lol) to iems. The driver flex is the squishy wishy, I'm underwater sound upon pushing them in?
Much much less than the TDIII and barely noticeable imo.
In reference to my previous comments on the fit and seal, I have been trying them over the ear and it's not an issue anymore and quite comfortable.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 12:01pm
Yeah, that's driver flex. Thanks for the reply.
You are welcome jj!!!
Well, been listening to the 200s for a good while now and definitely "over the ear" hits the sweet spot and perfect seal.
iPod 5.5g (R'boxed) lossless (FLAC & ALAC) atm, with my usual (get a new toy tracks) 20 tracks on shuffle (trance, house, rock, thrash, hip-hop etc.).........Sounding good and balanced with nothing too overpowering.
The 500s are getting a little burn-in with my Clip Zip and will get a listen in a couple of hours...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/14/11 at 1:56pm
Congratz jail......I personally don't know. Never thought of adding an amp to the Xears mix. I'll charge a 9V and plug them into a portable amp and report back...
Congratz NF...Post your impressions upon arrival...
Well, had some fun today with the three amigos, plugging them into various iDevices and DAPs...
In reference to amping, the difference was minimal, however, controlling volume with it was great. They are not hard to drive. I believe they sound great out of various DAPs without an amp.
Hello n0str3ss and welcome.
Well, better is a little bit tricky in making a suggestion. What might be better for me, might not be for you and so on. What are your music preferences (genres, bands etc.). What sound characteristics would you like?
I purchased my TDIIIs in March 2011, so I don't think I have the V2 though.
Thanks! I definitely have the v1 with the Y-Cord.
I can't help you with classical, but I do listen to rock, metal, edm, and hip-hop.
I have to admit the 500s get on my nerves sometimes with the fit. I spent a good amount of time yesterday changing all the tips and came back around to the bi-flange. I don't know if it's the housing and I have tried them over the ear and staight down. Without a proper fit they sound very thin (as most do).
That being said, when they're on they're on and the detail is very good with good bass extension. They do have a treble emphasis (more than the TDIIIs & 200s) but nothing overbearing and no sibilance (usually associated). Clarity with good bass slam is what comes to mind. Guitars and kick drums are very present with a nice balanced feel.
Now, the TDIIIs have the driver flex issue (squishy whishy, but only for a few seconds) and honestly does not bother me. The 200s nor the 500s exhibit this.
Both, (all three rather) are great with various genres. I feel the TDIII & 200s bass goes deeper, whereas the 500s have an overall more balanced sound with a treble sparkle.
- Xears Appreciation Thread (formerly TD III)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What is the best SILICONE ciem on the market 9 seconds ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › The biggest factors of headphone sound 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 8 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)