Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and feedback. You guys treat new comers very very warmly
Related Forum Threads
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/Dac recommendation/questions? Last post on 9/21/11 at 7:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Immersive headphone for ambient Last post on 9/7/11 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread Last post on 7/23/13 at 3:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
Portable Amp/DAC Recommendation for HD650's - Page 2post #16 of 233/23/11 at 9:56amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 233/24/11 at 8:15ampost #18 of 233/26/11 at 8:12pmpost #19 of 233/26/11 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #20 of 233/28/11 at 4:43pmYou will love the D6 its an awesome Amp/DAC thats what I run with my 650's you may want to mess with other opamps to change the sound, thats the beauty. Some people like a warm sound others like a more analytical sound. Out of the box the D6 sounds good but will benefit from the Topflight kit if you want a tube sound then get some AD797's. Have fun!post #21 of 233/28/11 at 4:50pmThread Starter
D6 came in today!!!! Like is so far, definitely a step up from no amp at all. You have my interest with these omamp suggestions, where can I find more information about these things?post #22 of 233/28/11 at 5:42pmTo start contact topflight he has a opamp kit that you can buy that comes with different opamps for you to try... If you want something like the 797's its a bit tougher to get you can look on ebay or contact me I have two extras that I can sell. Just enjoy your amp if you get into opamp rolling its very addictive, search the boards for opamps and read up on some suggestionspost #23 of 233/18/12 at 10:06pm
I second the opamp rolling gets addictive, I don't do it any longer. To the OP it was your choice to get the D6, and IMO, it's a cleaner sound than the e7/9 combo by a fair margin.......Enjoy!!!
Quote:Originally Posted by MrScary
To start contact topflight he has a opamp kit that you can buy that comes with different opamps for you to try... If you want something like the 797's its a bit tougher to get you can look on ebay or contact me I have two extras that I can sell. Just enjoy your amp if you get into opamp rolling its very addictive, search the boards for opamps and read up on some suggestions
Edited by the search never ends - 3/22/12 at 5:25pm
- Portable Amp/DAC Recommendation for HD650's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 second ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Black Shanling M5 with Leather Case and card full of Lossless/DSD... 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 35 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 1 minute ago
- › USB C Digital Interconnect 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone 3 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear