What is the competition in this price range? I would be very interested in a comparison
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Complete List of "Audiophile" Headphones Last post on 5/8/11 at 2:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- busted driver on a Sony R10 - what to do?? Last post on 5/25/11 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the most comfortable of them all? HELP! Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!! - Page 3post #31 of 20823/22/11 at 8:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 20823/22/11 at 9:44am
So the m50, being in the same price bracket, is the no-contest loser to the FA-011 at all points (except isolation, of course)? I've been considering a set of inexpensive open backed headphones for at home. I wonder if there is anywhere I can audition these because they're really beautiful headphones, and if they beat out my m50s and cost the same then I'm pretty much sold.post #33 of 20823/22/11 at 10:45am
The SQ of the FA-011 reminds me of what I hear from my vintage Beyer DT-990's (1988) but with nonreccessed midrange and an even more pronounced highend. I really like the SQ of my FA-004 except for the bass region (have really never been able to have this area of frequency range fleshed out to my liking). Sounds like the FA-011 has cured this problem in the bass department, also a more extended highend frequency range would not bother me. It appears that the FA-011 will be stiff competition for the AT AD-700, even though it's a little more expensive for the gamers out there. "LFF" always does great reviews-keep up the good work, at least from my stand point you are greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.post #34 of 20823/22/11 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by LFF
I honestly feel the FA-011's are better sounding than the HD-650's. To me, one of the best qualities of the HD-650 was the low, deep bass it put out. However, despite the low, deep bass, the HD-650 always sounded veiled to me. The FA-011's have low, deep bass but do not sound veiled at all and are very affordable.
I was planning to buy the hd650 but your review got me interested in these haha. if they're as good as you say then they're what i've been looking for. my wallet is gonna be happy lol. where can i buy these? i looked at the gd-audiobase site and they're not in stock.
post #35 of 20823/22/11 at 12:43pm
Similar to the FA-003 and better than the HD-650 in technical aspects? I was more interested in the technical and detail comparisons. Fischer have priced this model much lower than their 002 and 003, and so I wonder if 011 loses out technnically? If not, or they stand with equal footing, then maybe Fischer have ripped themselves off by pricing the 011 so low. humpost #36 of 20823/22/11 at 12:52pm
I have a quick question about the deep bass these cans possess. You compare it to the bass on the HD650, which has some solid bass, but then you wrap up the review saying that these are great cans for bassheads. The HD650 is hardly a can for bassheads, so this comparison seems quite contradictory to me. A more appropriate comparison would be with headphones such as the Sony XB500, Ultrasone Pro 900/HFI 580/780, or even the Denon D2000s.
As a basshead and someone who is very interested in the FA-011, could you elaborate a bit further on these cans' low end? If it extends deep and is tight and textured, that is awesome, but if it has similar quantity and impact as the HD650, it is hardly a headphone for bass lovers.
Thanks.post #37 of 20823/22/11 at 2:01pm
Thanks for posting LFF. Yet another great review from you. 2 quick questions if you don't mind:
1) What is the tension like on the headband area? Somewhat tight like a new K701? Or more loose?
2) How are the materials as far as quality? Specifically interested in the "fork" that holds the wood part. Plastic I assume? How is the build quality compared to say the FA-003?
Thanks in advance, I'm sure more people would like this info than just me.post #38 of 20823/22/11 at 2:10pmpost #39 of 20823/22/11 at 2:39pmpost #40 of 20823/22/11 at 2:52pmpost #41 of 20823/22/11 at 2:59pmpost #42 of 20823/22/11 at 3:17pmpost #43 of 20823/22/11 at 3:42pmpost #44 of 20823/22/11 at 4:48pm
I think LFF kicked off another buying frenzy. At least, these aren't going to hit the wallet too hard! I must say Fischer seems to have a good line on the current needs/wants of the modern headphone buyer, with good hi-fi sound for the investment being a priority...
I wouldn't mind a set of fun cans for more modern music (rock/alternative, club, etc). Sometimes "neutral" phones just aren't the best match for the music genre/recording, or what I am generally in the mood for. Makes me think about my old car stereo systems...so much fun and sounded great.
Edited by SLCanhead - 3/22/11 at 4:53pmpost #45 of 20823/22/11 at 6:42pm
I don't mind :) It's not that expensive and his opinion is one that many in here including me trust after his previous reviews. Of course I would need to get an amp first but I was planning on getting one anyway.
- REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 58 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Need advice on creating my dream setup 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing between Dunu-2000 Vs Senheiser IE80 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone from the Philippines here? 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Hey 3 minutes ago
- › Tuneshell - How to send files to phone via USB? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2