What is the competition in this price range? I would be very interested in a comparison
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Complete List of "Audiophile" Headphones Last post on 5/8/11 at 2:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- busted driver on a Sony R10 - what to do?? Last post on 5/25/11 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony CD3000 Thread Last post on 7/4/15 at 12:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the most comfortable of them all? HELP! Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!! - Page 3post #31 of 20863/22/11 at 8:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 20863/22/11 at 9:44am
So the m50, being in the same price bracket, is the no-contest loser to the FA-011 at all points (except isolation, of course)? I've been considering a set of inexpensive open backed headphones for at home. I wonder if there is anywhere I can audition these because they're really beautiful headphones, and if they beat out my m50s and cost the same then I'm pretty much sold.post #33 of 20863/22/11 at 10:45am
The SQ of the FA-011 reminds me of what I hear from my vintage Beyer DT-990's (1988) but with nonreccessed midrange and an even more pronounced highend. I really like the SQ of my FA-004 except for the bass region (have really never been able to have this area of frequency range fleshed out to my liking). Sounds like the FA-011 has cured this problem in the bass department, also a more extended highend frequency range would not bother me. It appears that the FA-011 will be stiff competition for the AT AD-700, even though it's a little more expensive for the gamers out there. "LFF" always does great reviews-keep up the good work, at least from my stand point you are greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.post #34 of 20863/22/11 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by LFF
I honestly feel the FA-011's are better sounding than the HD-650's. To me, one of the best qualities of the HD-650 was the low, deep bass it put out. However, despite the low, deep bass, the HD-650 always sounded veiled to me. The FA-011's have low, deep bass but do not sound veiled at all and are very affordable.
I was planning to buy the hd650 but your review got me interested in these haha. if they're as good as you say then they're what i've been looking for. my wallet is gonna be happy lol. where can i buy these? i looked at the gd-audiobase site and they're not in stock.
post #35 of 20863/22/11 at 12:43pm
Similar to the FA-003 and better than the HD-650 in technical aspects? I was more interested in the technical and detail comparisons. Fischer have priced this model much lower than their 002 and 003, and so I wonder if 011 loses out technnically? If not, or they stand with equal footing, then maybe Fischer have ripped themselves off by pricing the 011 so low. humpost #36 of 20863/22/11 at 12:52pm
I have a quick question about the deep bass these cans possess. You compare it to the bass on the HD650, which has some solid bass, but then you wrap up the review saying that these are great cans for bassheads. The HD650 is hardly a can for bassheads, so this comparison seems quite contradictory to me. A more appropriate comparison would be with headphones such as the Sony XB500, Ultrasone Pro 900/HFI 580/780, or even the Denon D2000s.
As a basshead and someone who is very interested in the FA-011, could you elaborate a bit further on these cans' low end? If it extends deep and is tight and textured, that is awesome, but if it has similar quantity and impact as the HD650, it is hardly a headphone for bass lovers.
Thanks.post #37 of 20863/22/11 at 2:01pm
Thanks for posting LFF. Yet another great review from you. 2 quick questions if you don't mind:
1) What is the tension like on the headband area? Somewhat tight like a new K701? Or more loose?
2) How are the materials as far as quality? Specifically interested in the "fork" that holds the wood part. Plastic I assume? How is the build quality compared to say the FA-003?
Thanks in advance, I'm sure more people would like this info than just me.post #38 of 20863/22/11 at 2:10pmpost #39 of 20863/22/11 at 2:39pmpost #40 of 20863/22/11 at 2:52pmpost #41 of 20863/22/11 at 2:59pmpost #42 of 20863/22/11 at 3:17pmpost #43 of 20863/22/11 at 3:42pmpost #44 of 20863/22/11 at 4:48pm
I think LFF kicked off another buying frenzy. At least, these aren't going to hit the wallet too hard! I must say Fischer seems to have a good line on the current needs/wants of the modern headphone buyer, with good hi-fi sound for the investment being a priority...
I wouldn't mind a set of fun cans for more modern music (rock/alternative, club, etc). Sometimes "neutral" phones just aren't the best match for the music genre/recording, or what I am generally in the mood for. Makes me think about my old car stereo systems...so much fun and sounded great.
Edited by SLCanhead - 3/22/11 at 4:53pmpost #45 of 20863/22/11 at 6:42pm
I don't mind :) It's not that expensive and his opinion is one that many in here including me trust after his previous reviews. Of course I would need to get an amp first but I was planning on getting one anyway.
- REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread just now
- › Grado Fan Club! 45 seconds ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kerns AK jr w/ leather case 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for good closed Orthostatic cans 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 4 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3