What is the competition in this price range? I would be very interested in a comparison
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Complete List of "Audiophile" Headphones Last post on 5/8/11 at 2:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- busted driver on a Sony R10 - what to do?? Last post on 5/25/11 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 2:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the most comfortable of them all? HELP! Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!! - Page 3post #31 of 20713/22/11 at 8:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 20713/22/11 at 9:44am
So the m50, being in the same price bracket, is the no-contest loser to the FA-011 at all points (except isolation, of course)? I've been considering a set of inexpensive open backed headphones for at home. I wonder if there is anywhere I can audition these because they're really beautiful headphones, and if they beat out my m50s and cost the same then I'm pretty much sold.post #33 of 20713/22/11 at 10:45am
The SQ of the FA-011 reminds me of what I hear from my vintage Beyer DT-990's (1988) but with nonreccessed midrange and an even more pronounced highend. I really like the SQ of my FA-004 except for the bass region (have really never been able to have this area of frequency range fleshed out to my liking). Sounds like the FA-011 has cured this problem in the bass department, also a more extended highend frequency range would not bother me. It appears that the FA-011 will be stiff competition for the AT AD-700, even though it's a little more expensive for the gamers out there. "LFF" always does great reviews-keep up the good work, at least from my stand point you are greatly appreciated. Happy Listening.post #34 of 20713/22/11 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by LFF
I honestly feel the FA-011's are better sounding than the HD-650's. To me, one of the best qualities of the HD-650 was the low, deep bass it put out. However, despite the low, deep bass, the HD-650 always sounded veiled to me. The FA-011's have low, deep bass but do not sound veiled at all and are very affordable.
I was planning to buy the hd650 but your review got me interested in these haha. if they're as good as you say then they're what i've been looking for. my wallet is gonna be happy lol. where can i buy these? i looked at the gd-audiobase site and they're not in stock.
post #35 of 20713/22/11 at 12:43pm
Similar to the FA-003 and better than the HD-650 in technical aspects? I was more interested in the technical and detail comparisons. Fischer have priced this model much lower than their 002 and 003, and so I wonder if 011 loses out technnically? If not, or they stand with equal footing, then maybe Fischer have ripped themselves off by pricing the 011 so low. humpost #36 of 20713/22/11 at 12:52pm
I have a quick question about the deep bass these cans possess. You compare it to the bass on the HD650, which has some solid bass, but then you wrap up the review saying that these are great cans for bassheads. The HD650 is hardly a can for bassheads, so this comparison seems quite contradictory to me. A more appropriate comparison would be with headphones such as the Sony XB500, Ultrasone Pro 900/HFI 580/780, or even the Denon D2000s.
As a basshead and someone who is very interested in the FA-011, could you elaborate a bit further on these cans' low end? If it extends deep and is tight and textured, that is awesome, but if it has similar quantity and impact as the HD650, it is hardly a headphone for bass lovers.
Thanks.post #37 of 20713/22/11 at 2:01pm
Thanks for posting LFF. Yet another great review from you. 2 quick questions if you don't mind:
1) What is the tension like on the headband area? Somewhat tight like a new K701? Or more loose?
2) How are the materials as far as quality? Specifically interested in the "fork" that holds the wood part. Plastic I assume? How is the build quality compared to say the FA-003?
Thanks in advance, I'm sure more people would like this info than just me.post #38 of 20713/22/11 at 2:10pmpost #39 of 20713/22/11 at 2:39pmpost #40 of 20713/22/11 at 2:52pmpost #41 of 20713/22/11 at 2:59pmpost #42 of 20713/22/11 at 3:17pmpost #43 of 20713/22/11 at 3:42pmpost #44 of 20713/22/11 at 4:48pm
I think LFF kicked off another buying frenzy. At least, these aren't going to hit the wallet too hard! I must say Fischer seems to have a good line on the current needs/wants of the modern headphone buyer, with good hi-fi sound for the investment being a priority...
I wouldn't mind a set of fun cans for more modern music (rock/alternative, club, etc). Sometimes "neutral" phones just aren't the best match for the music genre/recording, or what I am generally in the mood for. Makes me think about my old car stereo systems...so much fun and sounded great.
Edited by SLCanhead - 3/22/11 at 4:53pmpost #45 of 20713/22/11 at 6:42pm
I don't mind :) It's not that expensive and his opinion is one that many in here including me trust after his previous reviews. Of course I would need to get an amp first but I was planning on getting one anyway.
- REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 seconds ago
- › Currently using AKG K702 anniversaries, what would be a good upgrade? 25 seconds ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 33 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Headphone, Dac, and Amp Recommendation for Rock, Metal, and Blues 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Want headphones for metalcore, $100 budget 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob