Maybe you can audition the LCD2's with the WA7 at A2A? I'm sure you can come to a decision faster this way on your purchase. Not to mention you have a huge array of can's to try out at A2A and I'm positive that George can also help you with decision making on your purchase as well, nothing beat's listening to the actual thing itself before dropping the cash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Complete List of "Audiophile" Headphones Last post on 5/8/11 at 2:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- busted driver on a Sony R10 - what to do?? Last post on 5/25/11 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 2:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the most comfortable of them all? HELP! Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!! - Page 127post #1891 of 20771/12/13 at 1:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 20771/14/13 at 12:05am
I wouldn't imagine the pair of FA-011 I happen to have owned even remotely close to LCD2. The clarity lags behind even the $50 Digitech Pro (FA-003 OEM equivalent). These discussion spark my interest in trying another pair, the issue though is since the different batches of FA-011 sound so varied from one another, it is pretty much a trial and error thing until Fischer audio improves its QC.
Edited by Greeni - 1/14/13 at 12:19ampost #1893 of 20771/14/13 at 1:31am
Hey DefQon! Visited A2A today, unfortunately George seemed busy- but Guillaume was there to assist. Went to the bank and withdrew just over $1000 before i arrived just in case- but alas i wasnt swept off my feet. Not sure ill ever find the one perfect can? I may end up as i thought- with 4-6 pairs of headphones after all? Here are my findings:
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/14/13 at 1:35ampost #1894 of 20771/19/13 at 6:06am
Has anyone already used the Turtle beach ear Cushion? My own original ear cushions are getting really worn out.
So I would like to know are they exactly the same?
I have also another problem, I live in The Netherlands and I can’t get hold on to these cushions. (the only supplier for EU is a French company who don’t replies to my English e-mails..) The turtle beach US support isn’t willing to help me with this matter.
But maybe there is anyone so kind to order these ear cushions for me and send them to me. I will pay of course in advanced.post #1895 of 20771/24/13 at 4:37ampost #1896 of 20771/24/13 at 9:08pmpost #1897 of 20771/24/13 at 9:27pmpost #1898 of 20771/25/13 at 1:53ampost #1899 of 20771/25/13 at 1:54ampost #1900 of 20771/25/13 at 4:22pmpost #1901 of 20771/25/13 at 4:40pmpost #1902 of 20771/25/13 at 8:33pm
Just put my spare pleather pads from my FA-003 (Digitech rebadge) and comfort is heaps better, unfortunately it has also made the cans sound a lot muddier and congested - mid bass seems to take over - seems to be due to the pads providing a better seal, whereas the cloth pads allowed the drivers to breathe a bit better.. I've tried EQ'ing the mid-bass down by ~2dB and giving a slight bump from 1k to 16k peaking at 4k@3dB which makes the sound somewhat pleasant...
Like previous comments have stated, it appears the driver has to be kept pretty close to you ear to keep the great sound signature.post #1903 of 20771/25/13 at 9:10pm
Yeh one of Fischer's representatives here did report saying while ago when everyone was complaining about the earpads that the current earpads Fischer provides on all FA-011 units is the best pad they have experimented, measured and played with to offer the best sound out of these units.post #1904 of 20771/26/13 at 8:00pm
So I've played around with them a bit more and ended up adding the foam mesh back on the driver - I find it helps keep the mid bass a little less busy. I also tweaked my EQ a bit more and I think I've got it at about 90% of what the sound used to be, considering the extra comfort this is probably the most enjoyable experience I've had with them.
I've attached some pics to show how the pads work with the FA-011, also got a snap of the basic driver side EQ settings for my Xonar ST.post #1905 of 20771/26/13 at 9:00pm
Good job on the pads. I might chuck on my velour pads from my 003's onto my 011's. With pleather I think their will be too much mid bass with possibility of smearing and pulling the treble back a bit. You can also try cutting an opening in that foam disc using a 20cent coin should bring a bit of slight clarity to treble. (Australian).
- REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › New IEMs from Rock It Sounds 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)