Maybe you can audition the LCD2's with the WA7 at A2A? I'm sure you can come to a decision faster this way on your purchase. Not to mention you have a huge array of can's to try out at A2A and I'm positive that George can also help you with decision making on your purchase as well, nothing beat's listening to the actual thing itself before dropping the cash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Complete List of "Audiophile" Headphones Last post on 5/8/11 at 2:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- busted driver on a Sony R10 - what to do?? Last post on 5/25/11 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/10/13 at 1:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 10/23/12 at 11:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the most comfortable of them all? HELP! Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!! - Page 127post #1891 of 20381/12/13 at 1:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 20381/14/13 at 12:05am
I wouldn't imagine the pair of FA-011 I happen to have owned even remotely close to LCD2. The clarity lags behind even the $50 Digitech Pro (FA-003 OEM equivalent). These discussion spark my interest in trying another pair, the issue though is since the different batches of FA-011 sound so varied from one another, it is pretty much a trial and error thing until Fischer audio improves its QC.
Edited by Greeni - 1/14/13 at 12:19ampost #1893 of 20381/14/13 at 1:31am
Hey DefQon! Visited A2A today, unfortunately George seemed busy- but Guillaume was there to assist. Went to the bank and withdrew just over $1000 before i arrived just in case- but alas i wasnt swept off my feet. Not sure ill ever find the one perfect can? I may end up as i thought- with 4-6 pairs of headphones after all? Here are my findings:
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/14/13 at 1:35ampost #1894 of 20381/19/13 at 6:06am
Has anyone already used the Turtle beach ear Cushion? My own original ear cushions are getting really worn out.
So I would like to know are they exactly the same?
I have also another problem, I live in The Netherlands and I can’t get hold on to these cushions. (the only supplier for EU is a French company who don’t replies to my English e-mails..) The turtle beach US support isn’t willing to help me with this matter.
But maybe there is anyone so kind to order these ear cushions for me and send them to me. I will pay of course in advanced.post #1895 of 20381/24/13 at 4:37ampost #1896 of 20381/24/13 at 9:08pmpost #1897 of 20381/24/13 at 9:27pmpost #1898 of 20381/25/13 at 1:53ampost #1899 of 20381/25/13 at 1:54ampost #1900 of 20381/25/13 at 4:22pmpost #1901 of 20381/25/13 at 4:40pmpost #1902 of 20381/25/13 at 8:33pm
Just put my spare pleather pads from my FA-003 (Digitech rebadge) and comfort is heaps better, unfortunately it has also made the cans sound a lot muddier and congested - mid bass seems to take over - seems to be due to the pads providing a better seal, whereas the cloth pads allowed the drivers to breathe a bit better.. I've tried EQ'ing the mid-bass down by ~2dB and giving a slight bump from 1k to 16k peaking at 4k@3dB which makes the sound somewhat pleasant...
Like previous comments have stated, it appears the driver has to be kept pretty close to you ear to keep the great sound signature.post #1903 of 20381/25/13 at 9:10pm
Yeh one of Fischer's representatives here did report saying while ago when everyone was complaining about the earpads that the current earpads Fischer provides on all FA-011 units is the best pad they have experimented, measured and played with to offer the best sound out of these units.post #1904 of 20381/26/13 at 8:00pm
So I've played around with them a bit more and ended up adding the foam mesh back on the driver - I find it helps keep the mid bass a little less busy. I also tweaked my EQ a bit more and I think I've got it at about 90% of what the sound used to be, considering the extra comfort this is probably the most enjoyable experience I've had with them.
I've attached some pics to show how the pads work with the FA-011, also got a snap of the basic driver side EQ settings for my Xonar ST.post #1905 of 20381/26/13 at 9:00pm
Good job on the pads. I might chuck on my velour pads from my 003's onto my 011's. With pleather I think their will be too much mid bass with possibility of smearing and pulling the treble back a bit. You can also try cutting an opening in that foam disc using a 20cent coin should bring a bit of slight clarity to treble. (Australian).
- REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 14 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 18 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › xonar essence stx along with headphones and speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 5 minutes ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe