I bought the E7 + E9 combo off micca store a couple of months back, and the E7 was working great until a week ago when the headphone input stopped working. Now i cant listen to anything with the E7 alone, but it still works when its docked with the E9. One of the headphone inputs had not been working since i got it but i didnt mind since it has 2 inputs but about a week ago the other died. Has anyone been having problems with the E7? Maybe i just got a defective unit. Is there a way to contact Fiio? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- New to Amplifiers, have many questions Last post on 4/4/11 at 7:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good Audio Source for headphones?? Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:37am in Dedicated Source Components
- The usefulness of the E7? Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Micca is our best sale agents, so do not hesitate to contact Jack or send mail to email@example.com. they will help you solve the problem.
You can also PM to Jack.
I've returned two E7's as both of them had defective headphone jacks - It's potentially a great product but the quality of the headphone jacks is pathetic (if you look down it, the jacks look like a 4.5-5.5mm jack with a clip either side to push it in, which causes the wobble/sound cut out)
Right, the E7 is awesome but if the headphone jack is a common problem, they really should look into changing that.
I contacted micca store and got an RMA but the cost is $17 to have it replaced. It's a little high for getting a defective product. Doesn't the E7 come with a one year warranty?
Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK yes you do (one year warranty) and even further for defective products - If you search on here (and google) you'll find quite a few threads about the E7 and headphone jacks
sorry for the inconvenience, we had already notice most of the defective E7 is relate with headphone jack.
In fact, we use traditional headphone jack in E7, which the size is bigger than the jack in E5, E3, so it should have better quality. but there are two main reason:
1, when you use some very hard cable, it will curve the 3.5mm connector and make it disconnect.
2, current headphone jack use some metal contact plate, it have bigger elastic force but sometimes is easy to be damage, we will ask our supplier to use other
kind of metal to make the contact plate.
3, Depend on the fail rate, it is still under normal level, but we will try to improve the quality although it is quite common situation for mechanical component/part.
and it is the NO.1 reason in all our products.
4, Don't worry about the defective E7 because we have lots of local sales agent around the world, so it is quite easy to get service from a local sales agents.
- Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Radio frequency in headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo ES-FC300 vs AKG K545 3 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)