I bought the E7 + E9 combo off micca store a couple of months back, and the E7 was working great until a week ago when the headphone input stopped working. Now i cant listen to anything with the E7 alone, but it still works when its docked with the E9. One of the headphone inputs had not been working since i got it but i didnt mind since it has 2 inputs but about a week ago the other died. Has anyone been having problems with the E7? Maybe i just got a defective unit. Is there a way to contact Fiio? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- New to Amplifiers, have many questions Last post on 4/4/11 at 7:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good Audio Source for headphones?? Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:37am in Dedicated Source Components
- The usefulness of the E7? Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Micca is our best sale agents, so do not hesitate to contact Jack or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. they will help you solve the problem.
You can also PM to Jack.
I've returned two E7's as both of them had defective headphone jacks - It's potentially a great product but the quality of the headphone jacks is pathetic (if you look down it, the jacks look like a 4.5-5.5mm jack with a clip either side to push it in, which causes the wobble/sound cut out)
Right, the E7 is awesome but if the headphone jack is a common problem, they really should look into changing that.
I contacted micca store and got an RMA but the cost is $17 to have it replaced. It's a little high for getting a defective product. Doesn't the E7 come with a one year warranty?
Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK yes you do (one year warranty) and even further for defective products - If you search on here (and google) you'll find quite a few threads about the E7 and headphone jacks
sorry for the inconvenience, we had already notice most of the defective E7 is relate with headphone jack.
In fact, we use traditional headphone jack in E7, which the size is bigger than the jack in E5, E3, so it should have better quality. but there are two main reason:
1, when you use some very hard cable, it will curve the 3.5mm connector and make it disconnect.
2, current headphone jack use some metal contact plate, it have bigger elastic force but sometimes is easy to be damage, we will ask our supplier to use other
kind of metal to make the contact plate.
3, Depend on the fail rate, it is still under normal level, but we will try to improve the quality although it is quite common situation for mechanical component/part.
and it is the NO.1 reason in all our products.
4, Don't worry about the defective E7 because we have lots of local sales agent around the world, so it is quite easy to get service from a local sales agents.
- Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Tralucent DacAmp One... 17 seconds ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 52 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs under 100$ or below 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 Headphones with custom audiophile cable and amp 5 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)