I bought the E7 + E9 combo off micca store a couple of months back, and the E7 was working great until a week ago when the headphone input stopped working. Now i cant listen to anything with the E7 alone, but it still works when its docked with the E9. One of the headphone inputs had not been working since i got it but i didnt mind since it has 2 inputs but about a week ago the other died. Has anyone been having problems with the E7? Maybe i just got a defective unit. Is there a way to contact Fiio? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- New to Amplifiers, have many questions Last post on 4/4/11 at 7:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good Audio Source for headphones?? Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:37am in Dedicated Source Components
- The usefulness of the E7? Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Micca is our best sale agents, so do not hesitate to contact Jack or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. they will help you solve the problem.
You can also PM to Jack.
I've returned two E7's as both of them had defective headphone jacks - It's potentially a great product but the quality of the headphone jacks is pathetic (if you look down it, the jacks look like a 4.5-5.5mm jack with a clip either side to push it in, which causes the wobble/sound cut out)
Right, the E7 is awesome but if the headphone jack is a common problem, they really should look into changing that.
I contacted micca store and got an RMA but the cost is $17 to have it replaced. It's a little high for getting a defective product. Doesn't the E7 come with a one year warranty?
Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK yes you do (one year warranty) and even further for defective products - If you search on here (and google) you'll find quite a few threads about the E7 and headphone jacks
sorry for the inconvenience, we had already notice most of the defective E7 is relate with headphone jack.
In fact, we use traditional headphone jack in E7, which the size is bigger than the jack in E5, E3, so it should have better quality. but there are two main reason:
1, when you use some very hard cable, it will curve the 3.5mm connector and make it disconnect.
2, current headphone jack use some metal contact plate, it have bigger elastic force but sometimes is easy to be damage, we will ask our supplier to use other
kind of metal to make the contact plate.
3, Depend on the fail rate, it is still under normal level, but we will try to improve the quality although it is quite common situation for mechanical component/part.
and it is the NO.1 reason in all our products.
4, Don't worry about the defective E7 because we have lots of local sales agent around the world, so it is quite easy to get service from a local sales agents.
- Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS/FT Q audio French Silk 4 pins XLR cable for Audeze headphones 3 seconds ago
- › Onkyo DAC Amp HA200 15 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 1 minute ago
- › What is your favorite Japanese songs ? 1 minute ago
- › Question regarding IEM Types 4 minutes ago
- › Have TakStar Pro80 and Looking for the Next Step Up...Got Bored 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS 9 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest! 10 minutes ago
- › WTB: Aune T1 MK2 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)