I bought the E7 + E9 combo off micca store a couple of months back, and the E7 was working great until a week ago when the headphone input stopped working. Now i cant listen to anything with the E7 alone, but it still works when its docked with the E9. One of the headphone inputs had not been working since i got it but i didnt mind since it has 2 inputs but about a week ago the other died. Has anyone been having problems with the E7? Maybe i just got a defective unit. Is there a way to contact Fiio? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- New to Amplifiers, have many questions Last post on 4/4/11 at 7:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good Audio Source for headphones?? Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:37am in Dedicated Source Components
- The usefulness of the E7? Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/22/11 at 3:16ampost #3 of 83/22/11 at 3:31am
Micca is our best sale agents, so do not hesitate to contact Jack or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. they will help you solve the problem.
You can also PM to Jack.post #4 of 83/22/11 at 4:37ampost #5 of 83/22/11 at 1:34pm
I've returned two E7's as both of them had defective headphone jacks - It's potentially a great product but the quality of the headphone jacks is pathetic (if you look down it, the jacks look like a 4.5-5.5mm jack with a clip either side to push it in, which causes the wobble/sound cut out)post #6 of 83/22/11 at 1:54pmThread Starter
Right, the E7 is awesome but if the headphone jack is a common problem, they really should look into changing that.
I contacted micca store and got an RMA but the cost is $17 to have it replaced. It's a little high for getting a defective product. Doesn't the E7 come with a one year warranty?post #7 of 83/22/11 at 2:27pm
Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK yes you do (one year warranty) and even further for defective products - If you search on here (and google) you'll find quite a few threads about the E7 and headphone jackspost #8 of 83/22/11 at 8:09pm
sorry for the inconvenience, we had already notice most of the defective E7 is relate with headphone jack.
In fact, we use traditional headphone jack in E7, which the size is bigger than the jack in E5, E3, so it should have better quality. but there are two main reason:
1, when you use some very hard cable, it will curve the 3.5mm connector and make it disconnect.
2, current headphone jack use some metal contact plate, it have bigger elastic force but sometimes is easy to be damage, we will ask our supplier to use other
kind of metal to make the contact plate.
3, Depend on the fail rate, it is still under normal level, but we will try to improve the quality although it is quite common situation for mechanical component/part.
and it is the NO.1 reason in all our products.
4, Don't worry about the defective E7 because we have lots of local sales agent around the world, so it is quite easy to get service from a local sales agents.
- Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › iTunes vs the world! (AAC quality?) 33 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz hm9 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear