I bought the E7 + E9 combo off micca store a couple of months back, and the E7 was working great until a week ago when the headphone input stopped working. Now i cant listen to anything with the E7 alone, but it still works when its docked with the E9. One of the headphone inputs had not been working since i got it but i didnt mind since it has 2 inputs but about a week ago the other died. Has anyone been having problems with the E7? Maybe i just got a defective unit. Is there a way to contact Fiio? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- New to Amplifiers, have many questions Last post on 4/4/11 at 7:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good Audio Source for headphones?? Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:37am in Dedicated Source Components
- The usefulness of the E7? Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Micca is our best sale agents, so do not hesitate to contact Jack or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. they will help you solve the problem.
You can also PM to Jack.
I've returned two E7's as both of them had defective headphone jacks - It's potentially a great product but the quality of the headphone jacks is pathetic (if you look down it, the jacks look like a 4.5-5.5mm jack with a clip either side to push it in, which causes the wobble/sound cut out)
Right, the E7 is awesome but if the headphone jack is a common problem, they really should look into changing that.
I contacted micca store and got an RMA but the cost is $17 to have it replaced. It's a little high for getting a defective product. Doesn't the E7 come with a one year warranty?
Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK yes you do (one year warranty) and even further for defective products - If you search on here (and google) you'll find quite a few threads about the E7 and headphone jacks
sorry for the inconvenience, we had already notice most of the defective E7 is relate with headphone jack.
In fact, we use traditional headphone jack in E7, which the size is bigger than the jack in E5, E3, so it should have better quality. but there are two main reason:
1, when you use some very hard cable, it will curve the 3.5mm connector and make it disconnect.
2, current headphone jack use some metal contact plate, it have bigger elastic force but sometimes is easy to be damage, we will ask our supplier to use other
kind of metal to make the contact plate.
3, Depend on the fail rate, it is still under normal level, but we will try to improve the quality although it is quite common situation for mechanical component/part.
and it is the NO.1 reason in all our products.
4, Don't worry about the defective E7 because we have lots of local sales agent around the world, so it is quite easy to get service from a local sales agents.
- Fiio E7 Heaphone Input Problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › Your fave Guitar? 1 minute ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 12 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 12 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2