- 7,177 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 64post #946 of 9601/24/15 at 6:52amHello guys, I love my ES10 but would like to get new cups as they are too scratched and possibly a better cable. Any shop or DIYer can help me do that? Changing the cups is easy but sourcing them...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 9601/25/15 at 12:59amQuote:
I found these worked really well on mine, http://www.bestskinsever.com/audio-technica-ath-es7-headphone-skins, they fit the round part in the center and conform well to the curved edges, not too pricy either.post #948 of 9601/25/15 at 1:44ampost #949 of 9601/28/15 at 6:36ampost #950 of 9602/7/15 at 7:18pmpost #951 of 9602/26/15 at 10:14ampost #952 of 9602/26/15 at 12:53pmpost #953 of 9604/8/15 at 1:23am
Should I go with the ES700 brand new for AU$189 or the ES10's used for AU$269?
Any input would be awesome. There's a "make an offer" option. so I may take the plunge and make an offer of $200.post #954 of 9604/8/15 at 1:31ampost #955 of 9604/8/15 at 1:38amQuote:
thanks for the quick response brother :)
Yeah, well I'm looking for something that I can use whenever we go travelling or for on the go use, no matter how little we do in fact travel I still find that the Yamaha EPH-100's are too uncomfortable for my ears, which is why I'm selling them. Not to say that they are not in fact uncomfortable but I never seem to be able to wear them or any IEMS for long periods of time, Besides the Jaybirds bluebuds X earphones, the wings seem to work great for me.
there's a used ES10 on ebay used for $269 and @Young Spade is selling his ES10's as well..if I can find one for the right price I'll give them a go. however the ES700's are only AU$189 in Australia and for what they are going to be used for there's no point lashing out 100's of dollars.post #956 of 9604/8/15 at 2:44amQuote:
If you are familiar with using Tenso, you can buy a brand new es10 for like US $220 from Japan right now.post #957 of 9604/8/15 at 3:11ampost #958 of 9604/11/15 at 12:48am
I have tried both. Both sound to me better, than any other portable headphone i have tried. I kept ES10 and gave away ES700. ES10 are slightly more comfy with default pads and much more comfy with real leather pads from ESW11LTD. ES10 isolate outside noise better thanks to bigger pads, but they dont isolate enough for bus/train/noisy street. As the sound goes... i did compare them few times side by side and ES10 always sounded better. ES10 have deeper and stronger bass,better clarity, a bit V-shaped signature - more drums and sparkle/details. ES700 sound veiled compared to them and a bit boring. ES700 have more focus on mid - voice and string instruments.
Edited by vincik - 4/11/15 at 1:08ampost #959 of 9606/6/15 at 7:50am
My cable on ES10 is finally broken. Jack connector lost all of it's gold and is full of scratches and when i move cable in certain way, it cracks in left channel. Could you recommend, what should i replace it with? Also. Is it hard to do it at home? I know at least two people here did swap their cables, so if you would be so kind and share your experience.post #960 of 9606/16/15 at 1:21pm
i was at headphone shop to replace broken cable on es10, so i also listen few of the headphones... ath m50x, es700, senheiser hd600 and some expensive grado headphones (over 500US dollars). None of them sounded to me as good as my es10. Only senheiser came on same level, but without those sweet low frequencies of es10. I also remember, that last time i was in headphone shop, i came to same conclusion with many other headphones like senheiser momentum, hd25.. only more expensive headphones i still didn't get chance to compare to es10 are those from sony... btw i also tried ibasso dx90 and fiio x5 players and didn't like their sound either compared to my Studio 3rd. That was especially quite something i didn't expect. Anyway. Congrats to all owners of es10. They are truly the best portables and one of the top even compared to big open expensive headphones.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Direct Sound Sound Extreme Isolating Headphones 9 seconds ago
- › The Opamp thread 18 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 41 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › $500 headphone suggestion for electronic 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo Black - free registered shipping worldwide 7 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 9 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2