- 7,179 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 64post #946 of 9601/24/15 at 6:52amHello guys, I love my ES10 but would like to get new cups as they are too scratched and possibly a better cable. Any shop or DIYer can help me do that? Changing the cups is easy but sourcing them...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 9601/25/15 at 12:59amQuote:
I found these worked really well on mine, http://www.bestskinsever.com/audio-technica-ath-es7-headphone-skins, they fit the round part in the center and conform well to the curved edges, not too pricy either.post #948 of 9601/25/15 at 1:44ampost #949 of 9601/28/15 at 6:36ampost #950 of 9602/7/15 at 7:18pmpost #951 of 9602/26/15 at 10:14ampost #952 of 9602/26/15 at 12:53pmpost #953 of 9604/8/15 at 1:23am
Should I go with the ES700 brand new for AU$189 or the ES10's used for AU$269?
Any input would be awesome. There's a "make an offer" option. so I may take the plunge and make an offer of $200.post #954 of 9604/8/15 at 1:31ampost #955 of 9604/8/15 at 1:38amQuote:
thanks for the quick response brother :)
Yeah, well I'm looking for something that I can use whenever we go travelling or for on the go use, no matter how little we do in fact travel I still find that the Yamaha EPH-100's are too uncomfortable for my ears, which is why I'm selling them. Not to say that they are not in fact uncomfortable but I never seem to be able to wear them or any IEMS for long periods of time, Besides the Jaybirds bluebuds X earphones, the wings seem to work great for me.
there's a used ES10 on ebay used for $269 and @Young Spade is selling his ES10's as well..if I can find one for the right price I'll give them a go. however the ES700's are only AU$189 in Australia and for what they are going to be used for there's no point lashing out 100's of dollars.post #956 of 9604/8/15 at 2:44amQuote:
If you are familiar with using Tenso, you can buy a brand new es10 for like US $220 from Japan right now.post #957 of 9604/8/15 at 3:11ampost #958 of 9604/11/15 at 12:48am
I have tried both. Both sound to me better, than any other portable headphone i have tried. I kept ES10 and gave away ES700. ES10 are slightly more comfy with default pads and much more comfy with real leather pads from ESW11LTD. ES10 isolate outside noise better thanks to bigger pads, but they dont isolate enough for bus/train/noisy street. As the sound goes... i did compare them few times side by side and ES10 always sounded better. ES10 have deeper and stronger bass,better clarity, a bit V-shaped signature - more drums and sparkle/details. ES700 sound veiled compared to them and a bit boring. ES700 have more focus on mid - voice and string instruments.
Edited by vincik - 4/11/15 at 1:08ampost #959 of 9606/6/15 at 7:50am
My cable on ES10 is finally broken. Jack connector lost all of it's gold and is full of scratches and when i move cable in certain way, it cracks in left channel. Could you recommend, what should i replace it with? Also. Is it hard to do it at home? I know at least two people here did swap their cables, so if you would be so kind and share your experience.post #960 of 9606/16/15 at 1:21pm
i was at headphone shop to replace broken cable on es10, so i also listen few of the headphones... ath m50x, es700, senheiser hd600 and some expensive grado headphones (over 500US dollars). None of them sounded to me as good as my es10. Only senheiser came on same level, but without those sweet low frequencies of es10. I also remember, that last time i was in headphone shop, i came to same conclusion with many other headphones like senheiser momentum, hd25.. only more expensive headphones i still didn't get chance to compare to es10 are those from sony... btw i also tried ibasso dx90 and fiio x5 players and didn't like their sound either compared to my Studio 3rd. That was especially quite something i didn't expect. Anyway. Congrats to all owners of es10. They are truly the best portables and one of the top even compared to big open expensive headphones.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 11 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 43 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 49 seconds ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 49 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › What should I use to power my HD650s for PC gaming? 2 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2